Make a donation

Author Topic: Project Milltek Sport Golf GTI Mk6  (Read 41844 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Project Milltek Sport Golf GTI Mk6
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2013, 09:13:45 pm »
Holy Shiz sticks!!!  :surprised: :surprised:

Offline rex

• Thank You
  • -Given: 50
  • -Receive: 74
« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2013, 09:21:01 pm »
Very, very, very nice Steve!  :notworthy:

245/40/18 Dunlop DG03Z Direzza (Dry)

Some questions about the tires: what compound are you using? Do you have different compounds for different weather? If yes, could you please tell me what compound you use at what weather (if it's not a secret, of course)?
I am asking because I also have 03G on my car...

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2013, 10:15:47 pm »
Cheers for posting a spec up Steve.  Ive been looking forward to this for ages.  :drinking:

The car has gone through some major changes in the past 6-8 weeks due to a massive failure of the original Stage 3+ motor.

Ouch  :sick:, that stage 3+ motor from the temptress just seems to be the Mk5 equivalent of my vRS engine, ie always going wrong  :fighting:  What engine code was the Stage 3+ motor? Was it CDLA or BWA/AXX.  Do we know the route cause, or was it a case of who cares, throw it away, start again with a different tuner/engine.

So the spec as it stands today: -

Shell / Interior

4-Point Airjack System

Suspension & Brakes

VAG OEM Alloy hubs and wishbones (From TTRS on the front and Scirocco R on the Rear)

Engine / Transmission

AET Hybrid Turbo
Drexler Front Diff

Interested in the specs above. 

• I presume the 4 point jack system is exactly as it sounds and is to jack the car off the deck?  Is there a premium on fast pit stop times in Time Attack to warrant the extra weight of this? 
  • TTRS lower control arms?  Does that mean these wil fit on the std spec Mk5 GTI as well?  If so, what benefits to they bring over say Audi TT wishbones, or do they only fit due to the extra track you guys run.
  • Drexler LSD?  Is that a plate of ATB LSD  not heard of these before, presumably this is orientated to track use and not road
  • AET Hybrid?  HOw does this rate/differ to say a LO4xx or compare power wise to the GTx28?)
Looking good now though  :love:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #153 on: June 02, 2013, 08:01:46 am »
I assume the TT-RS wishbones are the same as the TT arms with lower camber adjustment we have been using on this forum for a couple of years?
Sorry to hear about the engine SpeveP, a lot of work has gone into it  :sad1:
I do like the fact that you use the Michelin Pilot Super Sport for wet weather which back up the impression i have of these tyres, they keep impressing me.
What tuning parts has gone into the new engine or is the internal stock for now?  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2013, 08:19:12 am »
Also Steve, are you in a position to tell about the scirocco rear hubs: besides they are of alloy, are the increasing the track width, and if so by how much?  :drinking:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #155 on: June 02, 2013, 09:04:22 am »

• I presume the 4 point jack system is exactly as it sounds and is to jack the car off the deck?  Is there a premium on fast pit stop times in Time Attack to warrant the extra weight of this? 
  • TTRS lower control arms?  Does that mean these wil fit on the std spec Mk5 GTI as well?  If so, what benefits to they bring over say Audi TT wishbones, or do they only fit due to the extra track you guys run.
  • Drexler LSD?  Is that a plate of ATB LSD  not heard of these before, presumably this is orientated to track use and not road
  • AET Hybrid?  HOw does this rate/differ to say a LO4xx or compare power wise to the GTx28?)

The airjack system is for a number of reasons, it's gives us the opportunity to complete a pit stop during a TA session if required and is just bloody helpful when working on the car in the pit garage too.

We are using TTRS hubs and arms for the extra track and weigh saving, I believe these are the same as all TT Quattro arms.

The Drexler diff is a low maintenance plate diff so can be run for a full season with being rebuilt

I don't have anything to compare the AET to the Loba at this stage so won't comment on that. All I know is the car running a mild 1.15bar boost at Hockenheim was able to set lap times than just 0.6 seconds slower than a fully stripped and race prepped Golf R running 500+bhp that was driven by a pro German Touring car driver who's won the event for the last 3 years (but we where faster than the two APR cars  :signLOL::smiley:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #156 on: June 02, 2013, 09:06:21 am »
I assume the TT-RS wishbones are the same as the TT arms with lower camber adjustment we have been using on this forum for a couple of years?
Sorry to hear about the engine SpeveP, a lot of work has gone into it  :sad1:
I do like the fact that you use the Michelin Pilot Super Sport for wet weather which back up the impression i have of these tyres, they keep impressing me.
What tuning parts has gone into the new engine or is the internal stock for now?  :happy2:

Stock internals for now on the CDLA lump, we aren't pushing for big power at present  :happy2:

This is a 2 year + project so have plently of time to develop the car.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #157 on: June 02, 2013, 09:07:20 am »
Also Steve, are you in a position to tell about the scirocco rear hubs: besides they are of alloy, are the increasing the track width, and if so by how much?  :drinking:

Yep wider track, I can't remember the exact figure but will measure it next time I am doing some work on the car  :happy2:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: June 02, 2013, 09:18:56 am »
Excellent Steve, that you are doing so well against the opposition  :happy2:
No doubt that the team is benefitting from your time on this forum and in time you will prevail  :congrats:
I follow you on the benefits of running a stock engine and then gradually upping the power when needed. No doubt i will follow this car closely and see if there's something i can use for my own car in the process  :drinking:
The info on the rear hubs would be much appreciated as i'm considering this for my own car as well  :smiley:

Keep up the great work  :notworthy:

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: June 02, 2013, 09:53:32 pm »
Hi steve, good to see things are going well. Well bar the engine that is! Looking really good now though pal, keep up the good work. Danis lh, the rocco hubs increase rear track by 10mm. :happy2:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2013, 04:41:12 am »
Hi steve, good to see things are going well. Well bar the engine that is! Looking really good now though pal, keep up the good work. Danis lh, the rocco hubs increase rear track by 10mm. :happy2:

Cheers geordie56  :drinking:

Offline AndrewJB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
  • die gelbe Baron
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: June 17, 2013, 01:43:21 am »
Nice build  :happy2:
2014 Seat Leon Cupra 280 VWR Springs, VWR Intake, REVO Stage1
LeonOC.com & TDISport.com Administrator

Offline Maxus

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2013, 05:54:30 pm »
Hi! Help me please, I'm interested in how body kit on your car, Prompt where it can be purchased. and tell me what ET is team dynamics wheels.
Thank you!  :drinking: