Make a donation

Author Topic: Mapped when I bought it but want the map gone!  (Read 3157 times)

Offline suths

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Mapped when I bought it but want the map gone!
« on: February 03, 2013, 08:47:39 pm »
So, I've had my 2005 GTI for 6 months now and it's been loads of fun BUT when I bought it the previous owner had it mapped by a superchips representative in swindon from new. The map seems to constantly throw up a check engine light and my mpg is down on what I'd been led to expect from this engine. I called Superchips and was told 'the map wouldn't do that' despite the previous owners admission that it had done it sporadically since he had it fitted.

I don't drive like a wally and would be perfectly happy with the car in standard form but what's the best and cheapest way to get it back to standard?

The map is almost 7 years old so I'm guessing that it's maybe not as efficient as a newer one. The car drives fine but to me it seems like it's overfuelling at times

Offline AndrewJB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
  • die gelbe Baron
    • Email
Re: Mapped when I bought it but want the map gone!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 12:38:02 pm »
Take it to VW and ask them to flash the most upto date version of there OEM Software
2014 Seat Leon Cupra 280 VWR Springs, VWR Intake, REVO Stage1
LeonOC.com & TDISport.com Administrator

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 05:58:11 am »
I would first check what the erro message is, I'm going to guess P0441 error or possible b2 out of range.

P0441 error is to do with N80 valve, replace valve with new hose. Problem fixed.

If the Oxygen B2 error, it means your 2nd oxygen sensor is failing.

What kind of mileage do you have? as the problems could be related else where.

Offline suths

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 05:35:46 pm »
Mileage is 97k miles so it's no spring chicken but has been maintained very well so I'd be surprised if it was related to this.

I had two errors when I last ran VCDS; one was the diverter valve and the other was the o2 sensor. I'll have to see if i can find the log for the exact error but having spoken to the previous owner he said it was throwing the error since he got it mapped in 2005! He'd even changed the o2 sensor 3 times and had receipts.

Edit: managed to find the last vcds log and here's the error:

000050 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Heating Circuit
               P0032 - 001 - Short to Plus - Intermittent - MIL ON

Any clues??

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 09:27:29 pm »
Mileage is 97k miles so it's no spring chicken but has been maintained very well so I'd be surprised if it was related to this.

I had two errors when I last ran VCDS; one was the diverter valve and the other was the o2 sensor. I'll have to see if i can find the log for the exact error but having spoken to the previous owner he said it was throwing the error since he got it mapped in 2005! He'd even changed the o2 sensor 3 times and had receipts.

Edit: managed to find the last vcds log and here's the error:

000050 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Heating Circuit
               P0032 - 001 - Short to Plus - Intermittent - MIL ON

Any clues??

That's your first oxygen sensor which is gone burgers I might add.

Regardless if you go to Stock you engine error check light will remain. As too will your poor MPG.

Get this sorted ASAP. You can will feel faster than it ever has. MPG will be HUGELY improved.

Offline SeyiiOluwa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 06:34:20 pm »
Any update on this ?