Make a donation

Author Topic: GTI vs R32 Weston Performance RR Day 2009  (Read 42451 times)

Offline davefish

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: GTI vs R32 Weston Performance RR Day 2009
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2009, 10:53:52 am »
This event is now cancelled due to lack of commitment. All people who've paid were made aware yesterday.

Offline Poppa Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2009, 11:10:33 am »
Really disappointing that this event has been cancelled - was enjoying the prospect of meeting up with people. Have got day an off-base permit for the day, so what else is going on this Saturday?

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2009, 11:17:48 am »
Really disappointing that this event has been cancelled - was enjoying the prospect of meeting up with people. Have got day an off-base permit for the day, so what else is going on this Saturday?

I am really sorry I wasn't able to make this as it was a good day last year  :sad1:

Your welcome to stand in for me at work this Saturday instead Dom as your at a loose end now  :laugh:

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2009, 11:43:13 am »

I am really sorry I wasn't able to make this as it was a good day last year  :sad1:

Your welcome to stand in for me at work this Saturday instead Dom as your at a loose end now  :laugh:

:signLOL: Not good use of my off-base permit me thinks, feel for you having to work Saturday though as I know it's your work commitment that has meant you not being able to attend. You going to the VAG meet in Reading Sunday?

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2009, 11:46:01 am »
:signLOL: Not good use of my off-base permit me thinks, feel for you having to work Saturday though as I know it's your work commitment that has meant you not being able to attend. You going to the VAG meet in Reading Sunday?

Prescott Hill Climb  :wink:

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2009, 11:48:16 am »

Prescott Hill Climb  :wink:
Cheers Hedge, Cheltenham is not far away, forgot the autumn classic was on. You going?

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2009, 11:56:05 am »
I think so. Probably Saturday.  :smiley:

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2009, 12:08:04 pm »
Cool, let me know if you are going for def's and I'll drive down with you.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2009, 01:26:16 pm »
Dave,

Didn't want to post this previously as I didn't want it to effect who did/didn't go but ultimatley £45 for an organised potential 20+ RRday is a bit on the steep side IMO. This may certainly be the reason why some peeps have been put off.

Oh and I don't appreciate being labled a 'Culprit' after putting family commitments first!  :confused:

Offline davefish

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2009, 12:43:02 am »
Dave,

Didn't want to post this previously as I didn't want it to effect who did/didn't go but ultimatley £45 for an organised potential 20+ RRday is a bit on the steep side IMO. This may certainly be the reason why some peeps have been put off.

Oh and I don't appreciate being labled a 'Culprit' after putting family commitments first!  :confused:
Considering you knew the price (same as last year and posted in advance) whilst trying to persuade me to choose the 26th, I find this a little odd Nathan. Unless you mean you’re fine with £45 but others may not have been; in which case thanks for the feedback. Family always comes first, culprits was a tongue in cheek generalisation but the fact remains that many people said they could make the 26th and then backed out (for whatever reason). This wasn't appreciated either.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2009, 06:58:32 pm »
Dave,

Considering you knew the price (same as last year and posted in advance) whilst trying to persuade me to choose the 26th, I find this a little odd Nathan. Unless you mean you’re fine with £45 but others may not have been; in which case thanks for the feedback. Family always comes first, culprits was a tongue in cheek generalisation but the fact remains that many people said they could make the 26th and then backed out (for whatever reason). This wasn't appreciated either.

In fairness Dave I had forgotten the price and having now done a few more RR days (one of which I organised) it does seem a bit on the steep side.

I am well aware that organising these things is a real pain at the best of times and I for one am very gratefull for the efforts you put in.

People backing out of organised events on forums is par for the course, the trick is to not let it bother you!  :wink: :happy2:

:grouphug:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2009, 08:32:50 pm »
I've just organised one with the local VW forum. £30 each and on a Dyno Dynamics roller like Weston's. I to would be disappointed and frustrated if committed people backed out.

For me it wasn't the price or anything else for that matter (otherwise I'd have backed out of the 'Ring tour), I had said even in my initial postings that it would depend on the dates, as I work mornings, afternoons and nights at weekends and only get 2 weekends off out of 5. It just happened that when the dates were posted (after I'd said I was interested - date dependant), they were both committed weekends and I couldn't get anyone to swap. Otherwise I would have been there EVEN though I have another one on the 10th October and a private rolling road set-up (for pre-BT log comparison) locally just after. :smiley:

I can really understand Dave's frustration and disappointment and appreciate the effort he made to try and get it to happen. I hope it hasn't soured his view of the forum and I personally hope we'll be able to try again at some point in the future. :grouphug:

Golf R gone.

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2009, 08:51:57 pm »
You organising this at RSTuning, I might drive up if so.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2009, 08:54:01 pm »
You organising this at RSTuning, I might drive up if so.

Yeah :happy2:

The cars will mainly be old skool cars - probably even a campervan :laugh:
Golf R gone.