Make a donation

Author Topic: Detail My Ride - 2013 Shelby GT500  (Read 4861 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Detail My Ride - 2013 Shelby GT500
« on: February 13, 2013, 04:16:59 pm »

Hi Guys!

Have been looking forward to sharing this one for a while, and it turns out its timed well with the Top Gear feature using the car on Sunday evening in one of their epic races across europe.

You can find out a little more info about the car Here!

The car is a 2013 Shelby (Ford) GT500, finished in black. The car is a stunning beast, and has a hand built 5.8L V8 engine.

The owner was keen for us to protect the paintwork, wheels and interior surfaces, as well as ensure the paintwork was looking its best, however generally the paintwork was in excellent condition and did not require much preparation in terms of correction etc.

The matt finish vinyl on the car was a cause for concern for the owner, as it was already beginning to look 'patchy', so we ensured that the stripes and other vinyl were treated/protected to improve the appearance and protect the finish.

We also treated the interior, including fabric protection and leather seal/feed.

A few shots of the car on arrival, the car had only covered several hundred miles at this point so was reasonably clean!

Exterior was treated to our full 21 stage wash and decontamination process, which revealed little in the way of contamination, however we wanted to ensure the paintwork was perfectly clean. Unfortunately is was around freezing so limited wash pictures i'm afraid!

Once the exterior was clean, car was pulled inside and dried off with plush microfibre towels. We took this opportunity to clean and dress the engine bay, Car Pro Perl used for 'factory fresh', natural look:

The paintwork overall required little in the way of correction, we opted for light pre-was cleanse via Dodo Juice Fin Cut Finishing (Black) pads via DA to correct restore some gloss. A couple of areas including the bonnet were corrected with some Menzerna 203s via Dodo Juice Fin Cut Finishing (Black) pad.

However, a few areas required a little more attention e.g. rear light clusters which were badly scratched, these were dealt with at around 1500RPM with 3M Yellow/Polishing Pad.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Interior was hoovered, plastics treated and leather cleaned/conditioned using Zaino Z9/Z10 Leather Twins, fabrics/mats sealed with G-Techniq:

Next, we turned our attention to the matte vinyl stripes. These were pre-cleansed using Opaque Pre-Cleaner before being waxed using Swissvax Opaque, giving a smooth uniform finish, and offering a high level of protection avoiding staining, water spots etc.

LSP of choice was Auto Finesse Illusion, a new show wax coming very soon! Following some finishing touches including glass, exhaust tips, tyres etc the sun made a rare appearance allowing us to get some great pictures showing off this stunning car in the sun!

Finished shots!

Thanks for looking guys! Comments, questions etc welcome as usual!

Nathan & Gaz

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: Detail My Ride - 2013 Shelby GT500
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 04:36:18 pm »
Me likey.  :happy2:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 04:52:30 pm »
Looks sweeeeet :happy2:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Saintsteve

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 05:43:04 pm »
 :congrats: love it,

...just don't pull the handbrake n wash it!!!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 06:33:16 pm »
Bloody stunning mate sound glorious don't they

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 06:34:51 pm »
Thanks all!  :drinking:

Yes Mat, it's a proper Monster!  :evilgrin:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 10:58:45 pm »
Wish I'd known about this. Would have loved to have seen it in the flesh. I think the GT500KR version was used as the car for the new Knight Rider series

Looks gorgeous, esp after the work.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:03:07 pm by stealthwolf »

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.