Make a donation

Author Topic: How To: Mk5 Heated Seats Retrofit  (Read 134449 times)

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
Re: Re: Re: How To: Mk5 Heated Seats Retrofit
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 12:44:46 am »
i have been following this guide

the only thing i arent sure about is the connection onto the CECM, i dont suppose you have more detail/pictures about how and where it is fitted

and also, forgive me if im wrong but with the wiring going to the fuse box, there is only one wire into each fuse slot, how does this work as i presumed it would need 2

thanks
Sorry... I got your pm and totally forgot to look into it. Lol.
I'll refresh my memory tomorrow and get back to you!
Jas

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)

Offline danfalcon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92069.0.html
Re:
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 10:28:39 am »
Brilliant cheers mate

Offline danfalcon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: How To: Mk5 Heated Seats Retrofit
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 08:55:31 am »
any joys mate?

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re:
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 09:13:54 am »
Sorry I didnt get back to you. I'll check my photos tonight.
I think though, some of the circuits are already live hence why you only need to add one wire to connect it up.

Jas

Offline danfalcon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 05:07:20 pm »
ah okay cheers

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 08:27:22 pm »
the only thing i arent sure about is the connection onto the CECM, i dont suppose you have more detail/pictures about how and where it is fitted
OK...
The wiring diagrams above show three wires running to the CECM:
L2 - connector L, pin2
I2 - connector I, pin 2
C1 - connector C, pin1

The CECM is located underneath the dash just above the bonnet release lever, behind the fuse box.

This picture shows the CECM when totally removed from the car, note each connector is labelled:

Two red levers need to be pulled towards the bonnet release lever to unlock the wiring harnesses for removal.
You can then pull the relevant connector out from the CECM, so you can insert the relevant wire into the correct location on the harness plug.

Once the wires are in place, refit the connector into the CECM and push the red levers back into position to lock in the wiring harnesses.

Hopefully, that should clear things up for you  :happy2:

Jas

davidwatsonbr

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2014, 02:47:03 pm »
Hi, Jason.

Only to confirm...I live in Brazil and I own a VW Jetta 2007 (made in Mexico).

There is both heat seat switch on the panel (climatronic), but both seats doesn't heating (I tested this with the engine runing).

I checked my fusebox and all fuses are okay, except the "SC46", which position does not have the connector to plug the fuse into.

Should I purchase this wire harness and to the same job that you did here? Your car came with the heated seat switches on the panel, but it doesn't worked before you do this, same as I'm trying to tell you?

Also, the URL that you put for purchase the wire harness is not working anymore and there is more than 2 options of VW-Golf 5 wire harness at Kufatec website.

Please let me know.

Thanks and have a great day.

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re:
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2014, 03:17:45 pm »
Hi.
My car did not come with heated seats and no switches on the panel, I had to fit the new panel too.

Read my guide on which options you require for the wiring harness from kufatec. It depends on the year the seats were made, whether they have one control module under your drivers seat or a module under both seats. Also, whether you have electric adjustment and lumbar support.

Jas

Offline JP

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2014, 06:35:56 pm »
Hello everyone i have just joined the forum :smiley:

Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I just got a mk5 GTI a few weeks ago, and I have managed to get some heated leather trim to instal and I am going to use this guide.

My question is if anybody can help, the seats I got are from a 2006 GTI and both the passenger and drivers seat do say March 2006 on the label on the bottom. My confusion is that there is only one control module under the passenger side and this guide that jason_rmh wrote says -

NOTE:The year is based on the year of the seats you are wiring up not the year of your car. This is normally labelled on the underside of the seats. However, an easy way to tell, is to look under both seats for a control module.
If you have a control module under both seats, you need the 'upto 2006' loom.

If you have a control module under only the passenger seat, you need the '2007 onwards' loom.
The wiring is different, so ensure you get the correct loom, and check before ordering.

So you can see my confusion for when I am ordering the harness, I believe from this information it must be the 2007 onwards harness that I need to order even with the 2006 dates on the seats?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2014, 06:41:34 pm »
You need the later wiring, so order the 2007 on harness :)

Offline JP

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2014, 06:53:07 pm »
Thanks for that, I was hoping you would see the post.

Kufatec told me it was the earlier one as the seats are 2006 and I was not convinced at all.

I just had a quick look at the plugs on the seats and looked at the 2007+ wiring diagram and as long as you remember that the passenger / drivers seat is the other way round as that diagram is for a left hand drive, the cabling for the harness seems to marry up with what is on the seats.

Thanks again.  :smiley:

Offline JP

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2014, 06:55:33 pm »
If I had not of read your guide, I wouldn't have known anything about the cars having different amounts of seat controller modules.

I would then have ordered the incorrect harness.

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2014, 07:17:32 pm »
No problem. Just allow yourself a good day to get it done. Its not difficult but cutting, soldering, running wires etc is something you don't want to rush and have to re do later. Lol
Its an awesome mod for this time of year :)
Jas

Offline JP

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2014, 07:33:49 pm »
Yes, I can't wait.
I have already fitted all the door cards and installed the back seats.
I have a the seat heater switch already, it's just the harness to order now.

Obviously I haven't seen the harnesses but I'm guessing that you just have to lengthen the cable on the drivers plug so that it goes to the passenger side where the module is? Then the passenger plug would have extra length on but goes to underneath the drivers seat. So if I did not shorten that side it would not matter you just have to hide the cable in the car.
You could do all this work when the harness is out of the car before you start obviously.

Offline JP

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2014, 07:41:21 pm »
Also by the way, on your guide you have put the link to the wiring diagrams but you have the 2006 wiring diagram showing twice.

Under the installing the loom section, its on the up to 2006 and also the 2007 onwards and also this is replicated on the PDF.

Worth updating.