Make a donation

Author Topic: How To: Mk5 Heated Seats Retrofit  (Read 134480 times)

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 7
Re: How To: Mk5 Heated Seats Retrofit
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2017, 10:00:59 am »
I assume your only interested in the heated seats working and not the lumber or memory seat.
So with that in mind if you connect the two heaviest connector to a temporary fused supply you'll be able to check if there's a feed to the under seat modules, that would be my starting point.

I would like the lumber working and i don't have memory seats!

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2017, 10:02:27 am »
I have gone back and checked my installation, I only had 3 wires at the fuse box.
Unless some of these wires make a 'pair' for a fuse Connection?

I would call richter sport to see if they can help shed some light on why the loom has changed?

Richer Sport are the UK contact for kufatec.

I'll look at some wiring diagrams tomorrow to try work it out.

Thanks Jason,

Yeh, i was thinking about giving them a call, should be fun!!! :rolleye:

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2017, 04:36:15 pm »
Well, phoned richter today and they were basically no help!!!  I explained about the loom perhaps being the same as a loom for memory seas and that i needed to find out what the 7 cables that I have did individually, they didn't know the answer and suggested that if they speak to kufatec, who they deal with all the time, they won't get an answer to my basic question of what cable does what!!!  Useless and not very helpful!

They said i should fit them all and then take them out one by one to rule them out as to what cable would be for the memory! wtf!

Oh well!

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2017, 11:53:03 am »
Ordered up some fuses and piggyback fuses too

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2017, 05:17:24 pm »
Piggy back fuses bought and fitted, had to get two normal and four minis.  I’ve wired up the 4 permanent fuses (2 20amp, 2 30 amp). Also wired up the single ignition 15 amp.  Activated in vcds, but measuring block 10 in module 9 says inactive, when I’ve turned on the seats, and been sat in the seat. Lumbar doesn’t work either.

So i’m going to wire up the other 2 15amp ignition wires, (will be 7 total wired to the fuse box!) and see if this helps...

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2017, 03:21:03 pm »
Well I wired up the remaining two 15amp fuse wires, so 7 extra in total in the fuse box!  And tada, the lumbar works and the heated seats worked! Worked, but for some reason now they aren’t working! Not had a chance to check what’s going on, hopefully it’s just a fuse either slack or blown and a replacement will get them working again.. getting there!

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2017, 09:32:58 pm »
 ok, so not sure if it’s the wiring or normal behaviour, but my drivers seat will only heat up if the passenger seat is also put on at the 1-5 dial on climate control panel. Is this normal?  :thinking:

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2019, 01:03:06 pm »
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread - @Gmac did you ever get this working? I will be looking at doing this soon and trying to figure out how to do it

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2019, 02:07:23 pm »
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread - @Gmac did you ever get this working? I will be looking at doing this soon and trying to figure out how to do it

I never got it sorted, so ive got heat in my drivers seat but not in the passenger seat, no idea why, and haven’t had the time or the drive to go looking again.  When I first wired it up the passenger seat control heated the drivers seat, and i actually think the drivers control wasn’t heating the passenger seat (it was my young daughter that said it was working, so was probably placibo).  I then swapper the wires over and have now got the drivers seat heated. 

Sorry that doesn’t help much.  All I remember is that the instructions for the wiring loom from kufatec were rubbish ( all my wiring was grey and the instructions referenced colours).

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2019, 05:10:26 pm »
Quick question to anyone that has done this retrofit with the Kufatec loom. Instead of cutting and extending the cables that go to the seats would it work to just cut and extend the wires that go to the fuses? So wire it up as you would a LHD car and then just run the power around the dash to the driver side fuse switches? I assume there is a ground point at passenger side anyway. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hussnainh8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2019, 08:06:29 pm »
Hello,

Here we go again guys!!!

Please someone give me some guidance on this as im about to give up! Does anybody have a wiring diagram for this or knows where the wires go? The car is an edition 30 2007 year.

Trying to fit aftermarket buckets (VXR Recaros) into the car but i dont know how to wire the seats to the car. The recaro seats come with heating, side airbag and seat belt sensor... the seats have the following wires on both seats.

Both seats come with the seat belt occupancy wires (2 black wires).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4piqvk3w0tg6yb/20190318_082356.jpg?dl=0

Both seats come with 4 single wires.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhvzcuaho7kx038/20190318_082239.jpg?dl=0

Brown
Black
Grey/red
Brown/grey

This is what it looks like from the car side.

Passenger side

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kea2mifb6sg1phh/20190318_082622.jpg?dl=0

Driver side

https://www.dropbox.com/s/82qz1ptuhy21j7y/20190318_082745.jpg?dl=0

Where do each of the wires go from the seats or how can I find out? :( anyone please?? I really want all the features to work as my car came with heating and seat belt warning when the standard tartan seats where installed. Dont want to loose the features.

Thank you.

Offline hussnainh8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2019, 12:20:43 pm »
anyone?

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2019, 05:44:37 pm »
Hello,

Here we go again guys!!!

Do the Vxr seats have any kind of modules underneath like the golf seats did?
Those wires in the picture, has the original connector been chopped off? There should be a connector that will connect to the plug in the floor of the car.

The seats don't simply work from voltage, there are signals from the heater control panel, to CECM to Heated seat module.
If your car is 2007 with factory fitted heated seats, it will have had only one heated seat module, under the passenger seat (drivers seat on a left hand drive).

Most of the info you need is at the start of this guide with regards to the car side of things, but it might not help much if you're missing the modules for you seats.

On the car side, the pins are as follows:
UK Drivers Side:
1 - n/a
2 - n/a
3 - n/a
4 - switch (climate control panel)
5 - ground
6 - n/a
7 - n/a
8 - n/a
9 - n/a
10 - to passenger seat module

UK Passenger Side:
1 - Feed to central electrics module
2 - switch (climate control panel)
3 - power for heated seats (30A fuse)
4 - joins to drivers seat pin 4.
5 - ground
6 - n/a
7 - n/a
8 - n/a
9 - n/a

Your best bet is to try and find the wiring diagram for the vxr seats and compare.
Or you could get a set of gold seats, strip them down and retro fit into the vxr seats, then you can just plug and play?

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)

Offline hussnainh8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2019, 01:54:24 am »
Hello,

Here we go again guys!!!

Do the Vxr seats have any kind of modules underneath like the golf seats did?
Those wires in the picture, has the original connector been chopped off? There should be a connector that will connect to the plug in the floor of the car.

The seats don't simply work from voltage, there are signals from the heater control panel, to CECM to Heated seat module.
If your car is 2007 with factory fitted heated seats, it will have had only one heated seat module, under the passenger seat (drivers seat on a left hand drive).

Most of the info you need is at the start of this guide with regards to the car side of things, but it might not help much if you're missing the modules for you seats.

On the car side, the pins are as follows:
UK Drivers Side:
1 - n/a
2 - n/a
3 - n/a
4 - switch (climate control panel)
5 - ground
6 - n/a
7 - n/a
8 - n/a
9 - n/a

UK Passenger Side:
1 - Feed to central electrics module
2 - switch (climate control panel)
3 - power for heated seats (30A fuse)
4 - joins to drivers seat pin 4.
5 - ground
6 - n/a
7 - n/a
8 - n/a
9 - n/a

Your best bet is to try and find the wiring diagram for the vxr seats and compare.
Or you could get a set of gold seats, strip them down and retro fit into the vxr seats, then you can just plug and play?

A huge thank you for replying back to me! Much appreciated....No I cant see any modules other than a bunch of wires. The wiring connector was chopped off when I bought the seats originally. Thank you for the diagram, sounds like I cant do anything without the seat modules ?  Maybe I should sell them and get my original Tartan seats back.. I wouldn’t want to attempt stripping them down as I wouldn’t know where to start unless there is a guide on it.

Thanks.

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2019, 05:48:12 am »
Heated seat modules are easy and cheap to get.
So you just need to understand the wiring on the seats themselves and you should be able to sort it out.

Do you know what year / model car the seats came from?

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)