Make a donation

Author Topic: Detail My Ride - Porsche Cayenne Turbo S ± Basalt Black  (Read 5349 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Detail My Ride - Porsche Cayenne Turbo S ± Basalt Black
« on: March 11, 2013, 10:15:17 pm »
Hi Guys!

We've had a busy few weeks, the tail end of winter has seen a lot of people wanting to have their cars treated, as well as another new plate meaning plenty of new car protections too! We've also kicked off the 2013 Show Season at Ultimate Dubs which was a great show, a quick picture of our stand this year, you can check out more pictures on our Facebook page!

Back to the Porsche!

Following an initial inspection at the clients home, we recommended an Enhancement detail for this 2007 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, finished in Basalt Black. The car has sentimental value to the clients mother, so rather than replacing the car with something newer they've opted to keep the car and get it looking like new again! The car is having some other work including wheel refurbishment carried out in a few weeks time.

Overall the car was in a clean condition, and is regularly washed and kept clean  however unfortunately, due to some of the wash methods used this has left the paintwork in need of some attention!

After collecting the car from the clients home, here's how the car looked on arrival back at our Studio:

As always, we started out with our 21 stage wash/decontamination process which includes wheels, arches, engine bay, door shuts, bodywork etc. It aims to safely remove dirt, bonded contaminants etc preparing the entire vehicle ready for machine polishing and protection.

Starting out with a high pressure rinse:

Followed by a pre-wash:

Bodywork washed using Dooka wash pads, with Auto Finesse Lather:

Iron X used to de-contaminate the alloy wheels, including the inner barrels:

AS Tardis used to remove any tar:

We always fully re-wash a vehicle following use of products such as Iron X and Tardis to remove all traces of the product from the paintwork before drying off.

The car was then pulled inside, dried off and moved into the detailing bay.

After various test panels we settled with S17+/S3 Gold via 3M polishing pad, at around 1800 RPMS via Chicago CP8210 which was giving a consistent 75-85% correction all round, we were looking for a good overall improvement and not looking for full correction. 

This restored a lot of gloss and clarity back to the very dull, flat finish. To further refine the finish, we refined using Menzerna 85RE via Dodo Juice Fin Cut Black pads prior to pre-wax cleanse/wax.

A few before/after, and 50/50 shots:

Before:

After:

These cars have some tight curved spots, particularly on the doors which meant the spot pads were out in force!

Some more 50/50 action:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Following refinement via machine we opted for a pre-wax cleanse with Dodo Juice Lime Prime, we opted for Auto Finesse Desire as LSP applying 2 thin, even coats to ensure maximum coverage. Exterior glass cleaned using Auto Finesse Crystal, and sealed using Car Pro Silica Sealant, finishing touches done including tyres, trim and rubbers etc.

Interior was thoroughly hoovered, and the carpets lightly cleaned using Valet Pro interior cleaner. We treated the leather using Zaino Z9/Z10 twins, and cleaned the glass with Auto Finesse Crystal.

Time for some finished shots!

A few more after a Auto Finesse Finale wipedown prior to collection:

Thanks for looking! Comments, questions etc welcome as usual!

Nathan & Gaz

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
Re: Detail My Ride - Porsche Cayenne Turbo S ± Basalt Black
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 10:56:02 pm »
 :congrats: :congrats:
Lovely job!

Did you need a step ladder to do the roof?
'07 Red manual

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 10:56:51 pm »
Holy Swirls Batman!!

Great work guys. :happy2:

Need you to work the magic on my Phantom Black A3 soon!!!!  :wink:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 11:06:19 pm »
:congrats: :congrats:
Lovely job!

Did you need a step ladder to do the roof?

Cheers  :drinking:

Yeh the 'hop up' was used a fair bit!  :grin:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 11:07:23 pm »
Holy Swirls Batman!!

Great work guys. :happy2: