Make a donation

Author Topic: APR / VWR ED30 Build.  (Read 3914 times)

Offline Msportman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 9
APR / VWR ED30 Build.
« on: June 07, 2013, 08:10:06 pm »
Just started to progress with car after selling my oriiginal Ed30 (Build No 30) which I sadly sold in 2010.
On this car I had progressed to APR Stage 2 with full RSC. I fitted KW Clubsports which were brilliant. I did a minor brake upgrade but ran out of time to go further as I sold the car.The car never had the later stage 2 map and was never dynoe'd and had no fancy intakes as I like stock ish refinement and one thing the RSC was brilliant at when cruising.

My second Ed30 is again a manual example with a Morego / BBR / GTI Engineering remap which I have to say is very good.
Our A4 2L TDI has a Revo map which works very well too but ultimately I decided to go back to APR for many reasons.

I will start a build thread shortly as I have already been in discussions with Keith @ APR re the build as I will be regularly tracking the car and using it as a road car.

My plans are thus far:

Initial APR Stage 2 or considering APR Stage 3.
Intercooler
APR Intake
RSC
VWR or Clubsports
VWR or AP Brakes
ARB's
Stage 3 Clutch
Wavetrak or Quaiffe Diff
Harnesses
Sticky Rubber
New Track Wheel package

The car will be built in two stages. Suspension and Brakes initially followed by more power and clutch.

Having had APR software before I would like to add that the Morego remap is very very smooth and progressive piece of software. The Morego stage 1 map shows a nice smooth 307bhp and no nasty boost spike.Very similar to APR in feel to their stage 1 map on my old car.

Looking forward to pressing ahead during the summer.

First thing ordered at my local VAG garage was a Kenwwod DNX 521 DAB head unit and an oil service. Car has just covered 45k. APR will fit cruise for the inter changeable programmes.

I will pics as we go along

I had considered buying a manual E46 M3....nice but felt dated then a e92 M3....needs a fuel tanker to run....would have ended in a 30k investment and more....Competion examples still at 38-40k...ooch. Looked at Focus RS I like discreet and a wolf in sheeps clothing approach and park anywhere confidence so I ended back with the Ed30.  

Ian
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 05:59:11 pm by Msportman »
Pearl Black Edition 30 3 Door. DSG. (3rd Edition 30)
Maybe on the too do list: APR Stage 2+, KW Clubsports, Brakes, Diff.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: ED30 Build. Switching to APR from BBR/Morego Remap ( Ed30)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 02:44:01 pm »
Ok! we all know i am thick, but i cant work out what this thread is about.   :chicken:

Is it a build thread in the wrong section.
Is it a thread promoting Morego mapping in the wrong section.
Is it a thread promoting Revo TDI mapping in the wrong section.
Is it a thread extolling the virtues of an APR map, that you haven't got yet.  :laugh:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 05:12:33 pm »
What about R-Tech?  :popcornsoda:

Offline Msportman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 06:04:45 pm »
Ok! we all know i am thick, but i cant work out what this thread is about.   :chicken:

Is it a build thread in the wrong section.
Is it a thread promoting Morego mapping in the wrong section.
Is it a thread promoting Revo TDI mapping in the wrong section.
Is it a thread extolling the virtues of an APR map, that you haven't got yet.  :laugh:

Title amended.
Move the topic if you wish....I rarely come onto this forum these days.

The topic relates to my Edition 30 which I am building with APR and VWR.
The car has an existing Morego map and I was only mentioning our Audi which has Revo software. I am not in the habit of slagging one tuner against the other as both companies have served me well. One of the main reasons for me using APR is my past business relationship their ability for interchangeable maps via cruise and their approach to tuning and the high standards of quality.

Offline Evan@APR

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: APR / VWR ED30 Build.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 11:47:10 pm »
Msportman, this looks like a great build plan. Can't wait to read your reviews as it progresses  :happy2:
APR UK
www.goapr.co.uk | elight@goapr.com | 0845 680 3527
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Offline Msportman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 09:28:42 pm »
Msportman, this looks like a great build plan. Can't wait to read your reviews as it progresses  :happy2:

Spoke to Keith this week....I know he's been very busy.....just waiting to hear back on my extensive list of bits before I decide on what come's first.

Can't wait to run it at various trackdays next year with a new set of Dunlop Direzza's and wheel package

This forum seems very quiet these days....has everyone emigrated?? or sold their MK5's? 

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 09:44:34 am »

Spoke to Keith this week....I know he's been very busy.....just waiting to hear back on my extensive list of bits before I decide on what come's first.

Can't wait to run it at various trackdays next year with a new set of Dunlop Direzza's and wheel package

This forum seems very quiet these days....has everyone emigrated?? or sold their MK5's? 

Most common questions has been asked and answered  :wink:
Also several of the high profile users have moved on, but that's the story of a car model  :smiley:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Msportman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 12:26:49 am »

Most common questions has been asked and answered  :wink:
Also several of the high profile users have moved on, but that's the story of a car model  :smiley:

Ok thanks.

You still running APR stuff Danish?

I spoke to Keith about running the latest Stage 2+ APR code so it should be nice to be up at respectable levels. I'm concentrating on getting all that lot down for track....should be challenging.
I'd like to have gone down the Stage 3 GTX route but I think a well fettled 4wd is the only way to go with 450+ hp!!
Huge investment running that kit and all that's necessary......cheaper to buy a 997 Turbo!!