Make a donation

Author Topic: Cooper's Mk6's  (Read 6375 times)

Offline Cooper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 8
Re: Cooper's Mk6's
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 08:24:20 am »
Excellent tread with lots of progress.
I have a couple of comments:

1. Could you elaborate as to the bonus of running these "Tyrolsport Deadset Collars on the chassis bolts" sounds interesting so far  :drinking:

2. Also the Catch can to prevent the gunk on the valvestems sounds like a good idea, but the valvestem gaskets is made to allow a tiny amount of oil slip through to lubricate the valve stem and you cannot avoid that so you may minimize the gunk but you can't avoid it unless you go WMI. IMO the better solution is to block off the PCV and change oil more aften which most of us do anyway as the gunk will stay inside the engine and in the oil. Then go WMI to prevent what should come past the valvestems gaskets  :happy2:

Bur excellent progress so far  :notworthy:

As the holes in the subframe are larger than the bolts I have read about people getting knocking from the subframe over time, it was more of a case that as the subframe was going to be off I might as well install them while all the bolts were out and eliminate the possibility of this happening in the future!

Catch can is an easy preventative measure for now, WMI may be a possibility in the future but while I'm still using it daily it won't be getting fitted!

Cheers!

2 Lovely cars there mate. Do the new wheels have to be VW Motorsport? What about something after market?

No they don't have to be VW Motorsport I just liked the wheel and knew there would be no clearance issues with my BBK, as said I think I'll just stick with my original plan of Compomotives, just need to decide between MO6's and MVS'
C63
SQ5

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2013, 06:29:38 pm »
Nice cars.
Really like the attension to detail of the white brake calipers
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.

Offline Cooper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 12:44:57 pm »
Had a bit of time to have a test fit of the brakes over the weekend to make sure they're going to fit being the OEM Talledega's

Fully floating 362 x 32 AP Rotors with Vagbremtechnic bells supplied by DaveB

These are 10mm larger in diameter than the discs supplied from VWR but DaveB has provided lifters for the calipers so that they fit

And here's one with the caliper on

Unfortunately the spokes are resting on the caliper face when fitted so in order to run them with the 19" Talledega's I'll have to get some 3mm spacers, but then again it's a good excuse for new wheels  :wink:
C63
SQ5

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 01:03:11 pm »
 :notworthy: :notworthy:

Offline Cooper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 10:14:36 am »
Managed to get a couple of little mods done over the weekend

Powerflex lower engine mount fitted

and TTRS/RS3 brake cooling ducts

Just waiting on some spacers before I can fit my BBK and then I've found a set of wheels I like but I'm waiting to get my brakes fitted so I can do a test fit before buying as I want to be sure on clearance!

Also waiting on my BSH throttle pipe and then I'll be going for mapping
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:20:47 am by Cooper »
C63
SQ5