Make a donation

Author Topic: Tom's MK5 GTI OEM+ Build - Forged engine and BBT Hybrid  (Read 28821 times)

Offline tommygti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
Re: Tom's MK5 GTI OEM+ Build - Forged engine and BBT Hybrid
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2018, 08:34:44 pm »
Cheers for the comments. Its my first ever serious build so its a bit of a learning curve but also gives me a chance to test some new skills. I'm in no rush to get it finished but will hopefully be done in time for summer so I can start to enjoy some road trips and track days.

I have a few more updates to come this week as the cylinder head has been installed with ARP studs and got the new timing belt kit on. Unfortunately couldn't get the head sealed up as I forgot to order a new timing chain tensioner and chain so that has been ordered. As this was most likely the cause of the damage to the original inlet valves I thought it might be wise to replace it. I have also ordered a custom upgraded aluminium radiator to go with the wellycooler as part of my front mount setup but it will take nearly 2 months till it arrives in the UK as it is been shipped from China (same company that make Mishimoto radiators). It has been designed to sit where the OE intercooler does which will mean it sits further forward so I can run mishimoto/Spal fans and larger boost pipes without worrying about clearance issues. It will also hopefully make maintenance a little easier.

Offline teo_parvu

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 57
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96115.msg955433.html#new
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2018, 12:29:17 pm »
Hey man, any updates with this project?

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2018, 12:53:38 pm »
Great build mate just had aread through there very. Ery impressive :happy2:

Offline tommygti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2018, 01:26:05 am »
Hey man, any updates with this project?

Sorry for the lack of updates. Had a busy year and many things have changed. Long story short, the edition 30 that I was going to build into a track car unfortunately is no longer happening and is now up for sale. On the other hand I have purchased a sprint blue 3dr S3 8P to take its place. The forged engine and all the goodies I planned on fitting to the ed30 are now going to be transplanted into that. Basically it will cut my work load down massively as I simply don't have the time. Not sure I will be able to post updates and pics from now on as it is not a golf but I will do my best to sort something out.

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2019, 10:40:04 pm »
I like where thuis going :congrats: :congrats: