Make a donation

Author Topic: "JOLF" MK5 1.9TDI 2004 - NOW BEING SPLIT TO STANDARD!!!  (Read 18016 times)

Offline BcPitta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
"JOLF" MK5 1.9TDI 2004 - NOW BEING SPLIT TO STANDARD!!!
« on: December 12, 2013, 09:23:07 pm »
Just picked this up last week for  its only the 1.9 TDI with 130k on but had the flywheel and clutch done at 125k and belt and pump done at 115k so bargain i thought!

Heres a few pics of how i got it

She has a crack in the rear light but ive bought a full set off a guy on here for £15 so going to give them a lick with some tint spray i have laying around.
Also back bumper has a small scuff and crack so going to buy a replacement on saturday along with one of these:
http://www.ppcgb.com/products/ppc-no-exhaust-euro-style-r32-look-rear-bumper-fntng006

Just picked up some 18" Merc wheels today for £400 with the tyres so this weekends job is to bore them and souce some long bolts, any help would be great ( the audi TTRS style wheels in the first pics are up for sale if anyones interested)

Bought some new mats , leather 3 spoke steering wheel ( need an airbag if anyone can help ), black front badge, bought a set of front bumper strips in primer to colour code, also sourced a armrest and colour coded handles.

Any ideas or opinions would be great. cheers

« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 05:41:38 pm by BcPitta »

Offline dandav1985

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 5
    • http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,72356.0.html
    • Email
Re: Golf MK5 1.9TDI 2004 - few mods already
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 09:31:51 pm »
Very cheep motor mate, done well there
Sprint Blue Audi S3, 8P3 s-tronic, Panoramic Roof.
Stage 2 shark remap, Turbo back Miltek, CTS Turbo intake.....322bhp.
Auto lights, Auto wipers, Dimming-Anti Dazzle folding mirrors, Electric & heated seats, Bi-Xenons, Hill Assist, TPMS, Parking Ad, TV Head rest, RNS-E etc..................
Genuine VCDS (vag com) owner

Offline Adam-golf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • Derv!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 09:34:01 pm »
Think I was watching them merc wheels on eBay, very smart wheels.. How much have you got the ttrs wheels up for?

Offline BcPitta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 09:37:24 pm »
cheers lads, yeah there still on ebay they were only an hour away from me so just been and grabbed em as thought it was a decent price, and im not sure on the other wheels is 250 too much or would that be a decent price? cheers

Offline BcPitta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 10:29:53 pm »
i cant get any PMs yet so to the guy whos messaged me sorry but it wont let me reply untill i have a certain amount of posts. cheers

Offline Adam-golf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • Derv!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 10:53:06 pm »
Either 10 or 15. Just reply when you can

Offline BcPitta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 09:10:02 pm »
Picked up a Clarion NX501E double din headunit, also lined up a leather interior for a very nice price !

Offline BcPitta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 05:37:32 pm »
Drove 45 miles today to pick up a rear bumper .... turned out it was the wrong colour  :sad1: on a lighter note i managed to get an armrest for £70 which i thought wasnt bad.

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 04:25:56 pm »
Good price that man.

Offline BcPitta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 08:08:01 pm »
Cheers dude

So far ive fitted the rear light it needed, had a key cut today but couldn't manage to code it with vag commander so ordered vcds to try and get it programmed in aswell as change my miles back to miles instead of kms and turn off the seat belt bong.
just started drilling out the lug holes today on the wheels 1 wheel left to do so weather permitting ill put them on tomorrow.
Got my Pipercross panel filter in the post today along with my extended locking wheel nuts and primed bumper strips ready to colour code at somepoint. Fitted black VW badge to the front just waiting for the back one to show up in the post.

Also picking up the leather interior on the weekend! will get some pics once shes come together more and had a clean up

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 08:15:43 pm »
Cheers dude

So far ive fitted the rear light it needed, had a key cut today but couldn't manage to code it with vag commander so ordered vcds to try and get it programmed in aswell as change my miles back to miles instead of kms and turn off the seat belt bong.
just started drilling out the lug holes today on the wheels 1 wheel left to do so weather permitting ill put them on tomorrow.

Got my Pipercross panel filter in the post today along with my extended locking wheel nuts and primed bumper strips ready to colour code at somepoint. Fitted black VW badge to the front just waiting for the back one to show up in the post.

Also picking up the leather interior on the weekend! will get some pics once shes come together more and had a clean up
What wheels are that? Those merc ones?  :smiley:

And also, just a bit of advice, stick with a standard paper filter on these TDI engines. Foam filters can ruin your turbo.  :happy2:

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:21:59 pm by xjay1337 »

Offline BcPitta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 09:09:29 pm »
yeah the merc ones from m12 to m14 bud, and ive always had diesels and never had any trouble with the foam panel filters ? i just like the fact i can wip it off and clean it every other month. any particular reason why it might ruining a turbo?

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 10:48:30 pm »
Yeah that's a ball ache with some merc wheels :(

There are absolutely no gains to be had from a foam filter on these engines. Their filtration is less and the dirt which gets through will damage the turbine blades in the long run.
The standard intake is not limiting whatsoever and has been used in cars with over 300bhp without issue. Paper filters are £10 from the motor factors so it would take at least 4 services (every 10k for arguments sake) to recoup the saving presuming you paid £40 .

If you want to allow more flow without causing any damage look into a S2000 paper filter - However again these don't really provide any benefit unless you're running huge turbos and have cold air feeds  :happy2: - However they would allow slightly more air to flow due to a larger surface area and are paper rather than foam/cotton so filtration remains high. FOD damage on these turbos can be terminal.

Here's a turbo on a PD engine after it's been ran on a foam/cotton cone filter (appreciate it's slightly different, still point is the same!)

Just some advice bro!  :smiley:

Offline BcPitta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 11:02:44 pm »
Cheers fella, think im gunna leave it in tbh but do appreciate the info! , and id never run a cone filter they are the devils (halfords) work! unless on track cars etc haha

Offline BcPitta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2013, 10:54:18 am »
Got my Vagcom this morning, Coded up my key and change the odometer back to miles! Happy days. Just need to find out how to do other tricks with it like turning of the seatbelt bong etc!