Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk6 climate control panel in a mk5  (Read 9876 times)

Offline joshua_mk5

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Mk6 climate control panel in a mk5
« on: January 19, 2014, 12:40:57 pm »
Im wanting to put a climate control panel like the one in my mk6 into my mk5. I've purchased the correct fascia surround to fit the mk6 panel and the mk5 dash.

Fascia panel - 1k0858069N1QB

Heres some pictures

The current mk5 panel with ac

The one in my mk6

So is it possible to install a mk6 one in a mk5.... Is it plug and play?

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Re: Mk6 climate control panel in a mk5
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 12:48:23 pm »
it is possible if you spend loads of cash and many hours swopping bits and wiring

so in reply to your question. No
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline joshua_mk5

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 12:50:21 pm »
it is possible if you spend loads of cash and many hours swopping bits and wiring

Thanks for that! Need to send my clocks to you soon!

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 01:11:30 pm »

is this the same with all mk5, I thought it wasn't such a daunting task on the GTI as seen quite a few people upgrade to this and was interested on this as it seems she will be a keeper now.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:31:20 am by mvb12 »
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline SI-R32

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 125
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 01:19:27 pm »

is this the same with all mk5, I thought it wouldn't such a daunting task on the GTI as seen quite a few people upgrade to this and was interested on this as it seems she will be a keeper now.

Not the same with all mk5's No

57 onwards with climatronic quite easy as you have the same heater unit behind the dash as the mk6

pre 57 with climatronic a little harder but can be kinda fitted, as you have 2 flaps where one should be behind the dash, it will work but not perfect, you shouldn't notice much difference

there may be issues with 04 and 05 and possibly 06 cars

any car with just the basic air con in the top pic defo a no as ED said

so for a GTI as most have climatronic you should be ok.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:23:23 pm by SI-R32 »
Loads of extra's and retro fits.

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 01:21:48 pm »
nice thanks and noted.  :happy2:
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline SI-R32

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 125
Loads of extra's and retro fits.

Offline georgekeemo

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 03:50:53 pm »
hey guys ,did anyone managed to do this retrofit ? I just bought the mk6 climatic control unit. Did a little bit of research about this fit ,it's confirmed to be working but was a single problem with the air flow manager ,in a mk5 is mechanical it's based on a wire or a shaft and on the mk6 it's semiautomatic it has one or a couple of servomotors that changes the direction of the air (feet,defrost,front) etc.. Can anybody help me with some tips ,what parts do i need to make it work 100% ? cheers

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 05:04:42 pm »
hey guys ,did anyone managed to do this retrofit ? I just bought the mk6 climatic control unit. Did a little bit of research about this fit ,it's confirmed to be working but was a single problem with the air flow manager ,in a mk5 is mechanical it's based on a wire or a shaft and on the mk6 it's semiautomatic it has one or a couple of servomotors that changes the direction of the air (feet,defrost,front) etc.. Can anybody help me with some tips ,what parts do i need to make it work 100% ? cheers
If you did a better research about this you'd have found out this beforehand. That's what Eddie-NL meant. To make it work properly might as well get the Climatronic dual zone, it's basically the same. :wink:

Offline georgekeemo

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 09:14:32 am »
well ,i thinks its a bit easyer to fit electronic flap control than it is to retrefot dual zone climatronic. I'm still researching ,finding out bits and pieces for this retrofit. On paper it's really easy ,2009 golf mk5 has electronic flap control and it can be done without any other modifications ,just the basic out with the old ,in with new, My car is '04 ,so i have manual flap control (shaft,wire) it means more modifications but not something as complicated as fiting climatronic. cheers

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 12:16:54 pm »
well ,i thinks its a bit easyer to fit electronic flap control than it is to retrefot dual zone climatronic. I'm still researching ,finding out bits and pieces for this retrofit. On paper it's really easy ,2009 golf mk5 has electronic flap control and it can be done without any other modifications ,just the basic out with the old ,in with new, My car is '04 ,so i have manual flap control (shaft,wire) it means more modifications but not something as complicated as fiting climatronic. cheers
I hope you're right. AFAIK it isn't that easy. :confused:

Offline Haroon_96

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • My Youtube Channel, subscribers will be appreciated :)
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 04:41:35 am »
Sorry to revive this slightly old thread but it is the only relevant discussion I can find over many google searches.
I have a Mk5 Golf 1.6 FSI Match 57 plate, am I right to say that my heating setup is the same as a Mk6 Golf with the same trim level?

If yes, then does that mean I should be able to fit the a/c climate control panel shown above into my car without any problems?
Mk5 Golf 1.6 FSI Match 2007 (57)