Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG LC, Update/change  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Steffrallye

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
DSG LC, Update/change
« on: March 26, 2014, 09:11:48 pm »
Right after using the LC on my Edition 30 in real anger at the weekend ive gotta say its pretty crap lol.

It was a pain to get it to kick in first time every time, it worked for 3 out of the 10 launches i did, i know the sequence and have no trouble doing it in normal conditions, but when the rush to the line came up, most the time at the line it wouldnt work  :confused: was a pain basically lol

but when it does work its dim and slow to get off the line, release the brake as quick as you, theres a pause and then you go.

and last is it Actually LC or just the Dsg version of dropping the clutch. Because no control is there lol, it holds the revs, release the brake, pause, off we go with a ton of wheel spin.

So question is can it be remapped to respond insantly and to actually control the wheel spin? as well as work every time lol

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
Re: DSG LC, Update/change
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 09:49:21 pm »
Reading your post reminds me I must try it in mine!

I think that LC is just the car feeding in the clutch packs at the 3k rpm limit - there is no traction control as ESP is turned off to set it to do it.

I've just bought a diff for mine - expect it to help a bit with traction, so one day once it is fitted I'll try and do a before and after on the DSG launch control!

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 01:51:28 pm »
I found it difficult to get it work quickly wouldn't always engage and you end up accelerating against the brakes.

The idea isn't to just have it at 3k rpm every time. Last time I used it I held it at 1750 rpm, and no wheel spin.

Depends on tyres and grip.

It's not "control" it's just launch. You control with your foot.

Offline Steffrallye

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 11:37:02 pm »
Yer as I thought, thank you.
I think the car could really do with a diff so I think that's on my list atm as well lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk