Make a donation

Author Topic: R-tech software review  (Read 27736 times)

Offline paulmk5gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
R-tech software review
« on: April 10, 2014, 09:31:51 pm »
Right here we go. Never really wrote a review so bear with me. So I finally seen sense and went along to R-tech with a friend who was having a software tweak. I met Niki, Ben and Marcus and can honestly say you could not meet nicer bunch of guys.  After Niki returned from a little ride in my friend’s car to confirm drive ability was spot, we got chatting about my car and where I was with it. (For anyone that wants to know full golf R engine and full awd running gear autotec fuel pump, revo intake, TTRS low pressure fuel pump and BCS power valve exhaust) After a good chat about all the hardware myself and Niki went for a quick spin around the block, and we both agreed the car was lacking the fun factor and could be improved no end. We got back to R-tech HQ and Niki runs a quick fault check and finds there are no hardware issues, and then even though they are mental busy he said I could leave the car with him for a week or two and he will have a play.

So two weeks later and a few messages with issues that needed sorting, I came to collect my car. Oh my god the car is a totally different beast power delivery coupled with the awd is just epic. Also Niki added a few awesome extras into my software a Hard cut rev limiter that sounds phenomenal I now find myself constantly aiming for the hard cut limiter. And also launch control that holds the car at 5.5k and then dump the clutch and all four wheels just hook up and fire you off into the distance.  I find myself constantly driving the long way to my destination just to have a little play.
To sum things up I could not of chosen a more professional and friendly place to take my car. All the hard work for the engine and awd conversion are definitely worth it now. I cannot thank Niki and the team enough. If you’re thinking about any stage of software R-tech is the place to go. You will not be disappointed. The Drive home no matter how near or far you will not stop grinning. :laugh: :laugh:

Saintsteve

Re: R-tech software review
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 09:45:09 pm »
Right here we go. Never really wrote a review so bear with me. So I finally seen sense and went along to R-tech with a friend who was having a software tweak. I met Niki, Ben and Marcus and can honestly say you could not meet nicer bunch of guys.  After Niki returned from a little ride in my friend’s car to confirm drive ability was spot, we got chatting about my car and where I was with it. (For anyone that wants to know full golf R engine and full awd running gear autotec fuel pump, revo intake, TTRS low pressure fuel pump and BCS power valve exhaust) After a good chat about all the hardware myself and Niki went for a quick spin around the block, and we both agreed the car was lacking the fun factor and could be improved no end. We got back to R-tech HQ and Niki runs a quick fault check and finds there are no hardware issues, and then even though they are mental busy he said I could leave the car with him for a week or two and he will have a play.

So two weeks later and a few messages with issues that needed sorting, I came to collect my car. Oh my god the car is a totally different beast power delivery coupled with the awd is just epic. Also Niki added a few awesome extras into my software a Hard cut rev limiter that sounds phenomenal I now find myself constantly aiming for the hard cut limiter. And also launch control that holds the car at 5.5k and then dump the clutch and all four wheels just hook up and fire you off into the distance.  I find myself constantly driving the long way to my destination just to have a little play.
To sum things up I could not of chosen a more professional and friendly place to take my car. All the hard work for the engine and awd conversion are definitely worth it now. I cannot thank Niki and the team enough. If you’re thinking about any stage of software R-tech is the place to go. You will not be disappointed. The Drive home no matter how near or far you will not stop grinning. :laugh: :laugh:

:congrats:  all his praise on here is well deserved. Makes paying over the odds for mainstream software an expensive waste of money IMO. :happy2:

Offline paulmk5gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 09:49:24 pm »
yes deffinitely agree  :smiley:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 10:04:01 pm »
You sound like a happy chappy  :pomppomp: :smiley:

Offline paulmk5gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Re: Re: R-tech software review
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 10:08:09 pm »
You sound like a happy chappy  :pomppomp: :smiley:
Mike happy is a understatement lol car just feels awesome

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Saintsteve

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 10:12:48 pm »
So begins the flood of Mk6 R's to Hinkley  :signLOL:

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 10:14:13 pm »
Sounds all good mate...my golfR is going into Aks for Nortech turbo kit with HTE 3071 & rtech custom map end of June...
Can't wait..

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 10:21:50 pm »
Chuffed for you Paul, great car you've got there and now with the best map on board. Happy dayz, Enjoy.

Sounds all good mate...my golfR is going into Aks for Nortech turbo kit with HTE 3071 & rtech custom map end of June...
Can't wait..

Bout time Danny!!  :popcornsoda:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 10:25:58 pm »
Chuffed for you Paul, great car you've got there and now with the best map on board. Happy dayz, Enjoy.

Can't wait..

Bout time Danny!!  :popcornsoda:

Yeah,bout time Martin...have to wait until the misses go on holiday before I can do this without her knowing :wink:

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 11:58:45 pm »
^^^^   :signLOL:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 08:20:22 am »
You sound like a happy chappy  :pomppomp: :smiley:

As I said on Facebook. I can see you are tempted Mike  :grin:

@OP - what software were you running before Niki tuned it? Saw a video of your limiter on Facebook. Looks immense  :drinking:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:21:56 am by GrayMK5GTI »
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline paulmk5gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 09:26:25 am »
I was previously a Revo customer. The difference is unreal.

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 10:05:41 am »
Is this the one Niki posted a video of? It was either yesterday or day before, with his new TFSI hardcut (with minor flameage?)

If so it sounded awesome  :driver:
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline paulmk5gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re:
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 10:42:57 am »
The video was not my car but that's the hard cut limiter and it sounds awesome :-)

Offline paulmk5gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 10:47:00 am »
Can't wait..
your golfR will be mental! I bet you can't wait lol