Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf Mk5 GTI Cquartz UK 2014 Edition  (Read 12290 times)

Offline NEIL GTI

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Golf Mk5 GTI Cquartz UK 2014 Edition
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 11:02:09 pm »
Amazing job mine is needing done

Offline Hevoshullu

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 09:40:31 am »
Nice work all around! Man those exhaust tips were properly dirty.

I am tempted to try out a proper glass polish too, as regular Scholl and Menzerna ones don't even seem to touch it.. I also heard glass polish dust and spatter can be a pain to remove from paintwork. Apparently if the cerium oxide based polish gets and dries on paintwork it shouldn't be wiped away with just an MF towel, rather it should be washed away wet with shampoo and a mitt. Have you heard anything similar?

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 10:16:06 am »
Nice work all around! Man those exhaust tips were properly dirty.

I am tempted to try out a proper glass polish too, as regular Scholl and Menzerna ones don't even seem to touch it.. I also heard glass polish dust and spatter can be a pain to remove from paintwork. Apparently if the cerium oxide based polish gets and dries on paintwork it shouldn't be wiped away with just an MF towel, rather it should be washed away wet with shampoo and a mitt. Have you heard anything similar?

you need the cerium oxide polish to even make a dent, and you need the rayon pads and a rotary as well, max speed pretty much. it is messy and i did it before i did any other polishing, i wiped it away with a MF towel and ipa/eraser, haven't really heard anything saying otherwise.

i was polishing the whole car afterwards anyway so any little marks that you may get weren't really an issue anyway.

since i've had a replacement windscreen now i have put CQUK on the windscreen as well to see how that compares to the G1.