Make a donation

Author Topic: Dynavin N6 thoughts!  (Read 17891 times)

Offline Gherber3

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Dynavin N6 thoughts!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 08:23:26 pm »
I just installed one of these. Has anyone had any issues with battery drain as mine has gone flat since I installed but I'm also not driving the car as I've had an ankle operation. I don't know which is the culprit.

Offline Tim62

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 09:14:38 pm »
My upgrade plans have been on the back burner, but just wondering how the OP is getting on with the Dynavin?

jezz369

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 11:47:02 pm »
I just installed one of these. Has anyone had any issues with battery drain as mine has gone flat since I installed but I'm also not driving the car as I've had an ankle operation. I don't know which is the culprit.
Sorry for reviving an old thread, Gherber3 was it due to your canbus? Keen on getting an N6 but too little info around.

Offline Bigjimknickers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 10:18:31 am »
Bump,
Interested here too, says that it's ok with canbus on the sales blurb?

Offline Bigjimknickers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 07:17:04 am »
This looks like just the ticket!
Been speaking to the company that sells them to be sure I'm right this time!!

Would be great to hear from an owner though?

wg1234

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2016, 01:20:29 am »
How are people finding these now, that they've been out for a while?

Is there a new one due or anything better that has came out recently?

Offline Bigjimknickers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2016, 07:55:48 pm »
I've just bought one of these I shall report back asap, fingers crossed no battery drain issue! :happy2:

Offline Paul.f

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 09:30:11 pm »
Be interested to hear about this as looking at getting one and getting the dab addition

Offline Bigjimknickers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2016, 10:20:03 am »
Ok, I'll update for those interested, I've bought 3 radios to far since Xmas, I've tried a Zenec nc 2010, returned it as the fakra socket was snapped, & two Erisin units, first was lost in post, second lasted 1 day.
So this search for a new radio constantly made me look at the Dynavin N6, the Dnx 521/5 dab & the blaupunkt philedelphia.
This one I bought came up installed & then removed, still have original receipt & still in warranty so I figured it was worth a punt.
So far I've used the car twice since its been installed it has parrot BT & I've installed the mic just above the steering wheel, very easy to run the cable (built in mic too)
Phone syncs straight away & calls are clear & good quality, not something I found with the erisin. Sat nav is the standard Igo software, not tested that yet but it looks good & is pretty quick.
I'll use it a lot more this weekend & can check out more of the units features & list my findings on here, but so far I'm very impressed. :happy2:

AbuRaz

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 10:10:11 pm »
Any further thoughts now that you've had it for a while? I'm leanings towards these in favor of the RNS510 but it seems there aren't that many people with them.

Also, has anyone heard of /experienced any power draining with these units or is that just with newer models OE units?

Trackpro

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 01:24:55 am »
Hi. Does anyone have an update on the battery drain  issue? I,mean about to fit one to a GT TDI 170.
Any info appreciated. Thanks.

Offline Bigjimknickers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2016, 03:16:03 pm »
I'm not 100% sure if it's battery drain, but my alarm went off 3 times the other night, & the car had reset all the radio stations..

How to tell if it's battery drain or a dodgy battery?

Offline Gherber3

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2018, 09:13:26 pm »
I'v had a Dynavin N6-VW for 3 years and it has no failed with the white screen issue. Really disappointed as i paid £410 as it was supposed to be a superior unit. Think I'll go for a cheaper unit next time.

Offline Yorkie92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2018, 04:43:19 pm »
If anyone is bothered I have had one replaced due to screen issues and as soon as it went out of warranty the bluetooth stopped working and now everything just crashes all the time and that's with the only update I could get hold of for it. I've had it for about four years and it cost me £450. Now using an rcd510 dab I had. If you can afford it I would suggest going with either the rcd510 or better still the rns510.