Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk7 steering wheel into mk5 gti  (Read 106636 times)

Helldash

Re: Mk7 steering wheel into mk5 gti
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2016, 08:29:54 pm »
Hello m'y name is yoan. I havé à édition 30 im french

I put a mk7 gti steering wheels with mk6 Cruise control and CH modul

With 6c buttons whit light.   All button run. But i dont have horn have you a idea of the problem ? Is the mk7 harness on the airbag

I have find this on the buttons .... This is Oem ?????

Offline Lew

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2016, 10:15:07 pm »
I've fitted one to my jetta but none of the buttons work. Looks the business tho  :happy2:

Looks quality but I'm not sure if it suits the MK5 interior as well as the original flat
bottom MK5 wheel!

Stapper

« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2016, 05:35:06 pm »
Hi, i've got a Scirocco Steering wheel fitted into my Passat, got everyting working except the illuminating of the buttons.
Now i want to try the fix from SI-R32 but i cant get the silver part of the wheel. I'm affrait to damage my wheel alsow i cant see where the clips are locaded.
I annyone has a tip, they are verry welkom.

(Sorry for the poor english, i'm from belguim)

Ed30aaron

« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2016, 12:32:23 am »
Hi
Fitted R20 steering wheel into my MK6 (with the same 1K0.. CH steering module as MK5) and all buttons work but they wont illuminate. Yet.

To get your buttons illuminate on MK5 you will need to swap the steering module from newer model 2010up. To make it easier I made myself wiring adapter so I can always remove it and put original module back.

I test fitted it in my car and on ady-uk 2005 MK5. All works as it should, buttons, illumination etc.
Also tested 3 or 4 MK7 and Rocco wheels with cruise buttons and non of them works with 1K0 or 5K0 modules. Only the one without cruise buttons works.

Thanks
Alex

Hi Alex I have a mk7 gti wheel (no cruise) waiting to go into a mk5 without MFSW.
Can this be retrofitted getting the buttons to illuminate and work. If so is this something you still do?

Cheers Aaron

Offline bigwig74

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2016, 12:14:19 am »
so nobody else come up with an illumination solution yet then?

Offline spacewalker

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2017, 12:08:47 pm »
Finally working  :signLOL:

Offline olsen-72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 21
  • Redditch
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2017, 12:12:54 pm »
So maybe you just explain what is involved in that @spacewalker
STAGING/NEEDLE SWEEP ON ALL WHITE CLOCKS
LIT NEEDLESS, MILES TO EMPTY
GENUINE CAN GATEWAY - SUPPLY AND FIT
CRUISE CONTROL -  SUPPLY AND FIT ALL VW's
CLOCKS CODING - VW SEAT SKODA UP TO 2014
SCIROCCO CLOCKS CONVERSION

angelinked

« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2017, 07:02:49 am »
so this is button illumination working on the Polo Scirocco 1K8 wheel with 1K8 switches (no cruise)

over the last 48 ish hours i ordered a set of buttons for my wheel which i thought would fit, but as i didn't fully check the PR numbers in ETKA i ended up with a smaller set of buttons for my wheel, not good. returned them to TPS and as i was ordering yet another set that were now more expensive they exchanged them.

last night i was at work and had 12 hours to kill and my original set of buttons with me, i started tracing out the illumination circuit on the switches and decided just to give it a go of powering it up directly with 12v.

I won't go on anymore other to say that i tried feeding the 12v to the illumination pin of the DSG paddle but bizarrely only lit up one set of switches even though i tried both sides of DSG paddle.

I found a point i could solder a wire too i tried this with 12v on it and all buttons came on.

so now i'm stuck with a set of switches on back order from TPS at a cost of 218 quid just to see if i could illuminate them.

thankfully TPS refunded (which i didn't think they did) the lot so today i'm happy.

The Issue for me is i DON'T WANT 5 or 7 extra buttons (adaptive/standard cruise control)  on my wheel just to get them to work with the CH module using the LIN Bus 2 settings, i'd rather have the standard buttons and either live with them not lighting or do my mod which you'll see some pics of soon.

we are really lucky in the MK5 that the power for the switches is ignition fed (terminal 15) so 12v is applied only when ignition is on, we can use this to power the led circuit inside the switches for it to work.

oh and one other thing if you want the extra buttons with cruise so it works out the box then as Eddie already said 6C0 959 442 C will get you buttons with standard cruise 6C0 959 442 D with adaptive cruise these cruise buttons will not work in your MK5 but will light up from the CH module,  all the other standard buttons will work as long as you have the CH control module.

if you have buttons 1K8 959 442 (these light up red NOT white as i previously thought) then follow this to get them to light up

remove the switches from there holders T8 torx, remove the back cover of the switch that the black plug goes in 5 pointed safety torx (jam the T8 in there)

now look for this terminal

this is common POSITIVE they put the resistors in the negative (cathode) side of the LED this  common positive powers all leds on both switches.

Annoyingly i could only find somewhere on the front of the switch so be very careful when putting back together incase you rip the copper track off the board as you'll be bending the wire back round the circuit board.

so put the circuit board back together and route the tiny wire to here

solder to terminal 2 the +12v, now when you turn the key all the buttons will light up including in the day time.

test before putting it all back together

any questions feel free to ask

Hey brother. I have the same module (CH) and the same steering wheel, although my buttons are Part No: 5G0 959 442 L
   Component: E221__MFL-DC1   H10 0101 
   Coding: 01048485

Do you know if this mod will actually work for mine as well?
Cheers

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2017, 09:19:30 pm »
Hi guys!
I got the CH control module in my mk5 now, and I'm currently running with a mk6 mfsw but I really want to upgrade this to a FB mk7 mfsw.

Maybe someone could help me locate which wheel I need?
I need red illumination to work, horn need to work and I don't have to have the cruise control. Is this possible with my CH module?

Read this topic about 10 times now, and can't seem to find part number for the steering wheel mentioned anywhere... Only buttons

Regards
MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline Alphatier

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2017, 10:29:35 pm »
Hello,

I made the retrofit of a Scirocco Facelift Steering Wheel in my MK5 of 2007 with this Steering Wheel Module: 5k0 953 569 B (I had a 1K0 ... BG)
Now the problem is, that the steering angle sensor is missing, so I got a 5k0 953 569 T, this Module has a sensor integrated, but I can`t get the ignition on... I can program it with VCDS when I pull brake and push hazard systems, but I don`t know now, what to do next...

I saw, that olsen-72 did the same retrofit and it worked fine. Can you send me the coding and the part number of your module? Would be so nice :) It is my last chance...

Offline fab5freddy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 238
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2017, 12:48:31 pm »
Hello,

I made the retrofit of a Scirocco Facelift Steering Wheel in my MK5 of 2007 with this Steering Wheel Module: 5k0 953 569 B (I had a 1K0 ... BG)
Now the problem is, that the steering angle sensor is missing, so I got a 5k0 953 569 T, this Module has a sensor integrated, but I can`t get the ignition on... I can program it with VCDS when I pull brake and push hazard systems, but I don`t know now, what to do next...

I saw, that olsen-72 did the same retrofit and it worked fine. Can you send me the coding and the part number of your module? Would be so nice :) It is my last chance...

@olsen-72

Offline olsen-72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Redditch
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2017, 12:50:13 pm »
I fitted 549 module in mine

Offline fab5freddy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 238
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2017, 12:54:54 pm »

Offline olsen-72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Redditch
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2017, 01:00:25 pm »
Besides... I dont think its coding issue mate. More likely wired wrong

Offline Alphatier

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2017, 07:00:44 am »
This "project" is killing me  :sad1:
Now I know that a passat control module will never work in a PQ35 car because of the missing ignition lock... Even coding doesn't change this.

Thanks for your reply! I think that 549 and 569 have different pinnings, but because of the "working" 569 B (except from the missing steering angle sensor) I think my pinning for 569 should be correct.

I got a 569 with LWS for PQ35 now, which I will try at the weekend and if this doesn't work, I'll rebuild to 549 Highline, I think B or D...

Thanks for your help, mate!