Make a donation

Author Topic: Leroy's 2005 laser blue GTI  (Read 9282 times)

Offline Leroy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Leroy's 2005 laser blue GTI
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2017, 08:18:50 pm »
The new temp sensor has sorted the needle dropping, its sits half way all day long now but it does take a while to get there.

My ladies Tiguan warms up before I’ve got to the bottom of the road.

Had another issue the other day. Had a loud ticking from the engine, turned out to have needed a new pulley, something had seized inside the alternator so he had to cut it out, it was touch and go whether the alternator was going to need replacing but it turned out ok, still cost over £100, it’s costing me a bomb!

Oh and the door lock module went on the passenger door but I’m not swapping that yet, for how often I have passengers I’ll unlock it from inside until I can find a recommended door lock module that isn’t £180 from vw!

Offline Gtcpaul1971

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
  • Graphite blue 54 plate 5 Dr gti.
    • Email
  • My Ride: Graphite blue, 54 plate gti
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2017, 05:04:39 pm »
The new temp sensor has sorted the needle dropping, its sits half way all day long now but it does take a while to get there.

My ladies Tiguan warms up before I’ve got to the bottom of the road.

Had another issue the other day. Had a loud ticking from the engine, turned out to have needed a new pulley, something had seized inside the alternator so he had to cut it out, it was touch and go whether the alternator was going to need replacing but it turned out ok, still cost over £100, it’s costing me a bomb!

Oh and the door lock module went on the passenger door but I’m not swapping that yet, for how often I have passengers I’ll unlock it from inside until I can find a recommended door lock module that isn’t £180 from vw!

Hi Leroy,
I feel your pain.
Since getting mine 2 weeks ago I have had replaced
Top mount
Cam follower
Dv valve
PCV valve
Boot latch fixed
Full service including pollen, air and fuel filter
Radiator thermostat
Radiator fans and housing
Turbo pipe
New interior handles and window switches
Light switch
Rear mirror housing
£1000 spent on a £2500 car!!!!
Is having a noise from the alternator pulley and a knocking noise when at the bite point in 1st gear looked at on Friday.
Also  needs timing chain, tensioner, cam belt and water pump replacing  as a matter of precaution. That's another £700.

So I feel your pain my friend. But I just love the car. At what point do you say it is not worth putting anymore money in?
Graphite blue 54 plate.

Offline pixel87

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2017, 03:39:20 pm »
Sorry about the pants iPhone pics in the rain but you can see how much better the car sits on the new VWR suspension. Love it!!!

Just need some decent weather now so I can get cleaning.

I want a Matt black front Vw badge, which size do I need? I read that there are 2 sizes one for gti and one for non gti???
Gorgeous gorgeous.

Did you go for vwr dampers and springs?

How are you finding the setup?

Sent from my MI PAD 3 using Tapatalk