Make a donation

Author Topic: Dans grey MK5 GTI. Prepping for VagTuner  (Read 270729 times)

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
Re: Dans grey MK5 GTI. Prepping for VagTuner
« Reply #975 on: June 21, 2017, 09:32:16 pm »
@AJP cheers for that mate. Yeah they're 3 1/2 years old which isn't old enough to expect that to happen.

We're actually a KW dealer at work so I spoke to one of the main guys for KW UK (about 6 times in 48hours) and we ended up at 25% discount and if I send the broken spring back they will do full analysis on it. Bollocks deal really but their perspective is they have no idea what stresses and strains the spring has been subjected too and hold no responsibility unless it's proven to be a defect.
There's probably a cleverly-worded disclaimer of sorts hidden away in the little booklet you get in the box, that makes it easy for them and hard for the consumer, with this kind of thing.

I suppose 25% is something though.

The main thing - you were crawling when it happened, and you and the rest of the car are ok. Can't imagine how I'd deal with a front corner suddenly dropping at speed

dansmith180

« Reply #976 on: June 21, 2017, 09:35:57 pm »
@AJP cheers for that mate. Yeah they're 3 1/2 years old which isn't old enough to expect that to happen.

We're actually a KW dealer at work so I spoke to one of the main guys for KW UK (about 6 times in 48hours) and we ended up at 25% discount and if I send the broken spring back they will do full analysis on it. Bollocks deal really but their perspective is they have no idea what stresses and strains the spring has been subjected too and hold no responsibility unless it's proven to be a defect.
There's probably a cleverly-worded disclaimer of sorts hidden away in the little booklet you get in the box, that makes it easy for them and hard for the consumer, with this kind of thing.

The main thing - you were crawling when it happened, and you and the rest of the car are ok. Can't imagine how I'd deal with a front corner suddenly dropping at speed

Yeah you're always up against it with big companies like that. Yeah made I big big noise but didn't throw the car off much at that speed. About a minute earlier I was well into the fun part of the speedo so tbh I just thank f*ck that wasn't the end for me and or the car  :signLOL:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #977 on: June 21, 2017, 09:39:51 pm »

Yeah you're always up against it with big companies like that. Yeah made I big big noise but didn't throw the car off much at that speed. About a minute earlier I was well into the fun part of the speedo so tbh I just thank f*ck that wasn't the end for me and or the car  :signLOL:
Sh*t... that's a bit scary to think about. So don't think about it

Onwards and upwards!

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #978 on: June 23, 2017, 02:52:36 pm »

Issue though is I know Dan subjects his springs to a lot of stress.
Especially his bed springs...  :party: :P :popcornsoda:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=jnv7a7ntv3v8k4vdui9aum40s1&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #979 on: October 19, 2017, 12:31:29 am »

I think you are partially to blame for that.

Offline Molesy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #980 on: October 19, 2017, 09:40:51 pm »
Epic thread, Epic car! Looks lovely and goes like stink - loving the OZ's, they're as little old school and must say I do like the red accent on the splitter not seen that before :smiley: Scary with the spring but as you said lucky you weren't doing motorway+ speeds when it happened  :scared:

Wish i had the time and money to do this kind of build, maybe one day!

Molesy  :happy2:

dansmith180

« Reply #981 on: October 19, 2017, 10:02:16 pm »
Epic thread, Epic car! Looks lovely and goes like stink - loving the OZ's, they're as little old school and must say I do like the red accent on the splitter not seen that before :smiley: Scary with the spring but as you said lucky you weren't doing motorway+ speeds when it happened  :scared:

Wish i had the time and money to do this kind of build, maybe one day!

Molesy  :happy2:

Thanks a lot mate. Havnt really updated this thread for a while since Photobucket got stingy and messed up my pictures lol. I'm on Instagram as       gtimandan   and update that more regularly 👍

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #982 on: October 20, 2017, 10:04:33 am »

[/quote]

I think you are partially to blame for that.
[/quote]

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline teo_parvu

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 57
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96115.msg955433.html#new
« Reply #983 on: December 01, 2017, 10:18:36 pm »
Hahahaha! I've stayed away from the forum more than a year, of course you've change wheels again.
Those black Superturismo are perfect for your gray car, Dan.  :happy2:

Offline shannon-ob

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=jnv7a7ntv3v8k4vdui9aum40s1&/topic,124095.0.html
« Reply #984 on: February 06, 2020, 05:01:01 pm »
Sorry to bump an old thread  :signLOL:

Is this car still alive Dan :)

Also, wanted to know where the alloy expansion tank is from?

Shannon
MY 3 DOOR 370BHP MANUAL GTI TRACK BUILD - WAVETRACK DIFF, CAGED, POLYCARBS, KO4, DB9 BRAKES, METH, BARTEK, VIS, HELIX PADDLE CLUTCH/SMF, FLOCKED DASH, 18X9 PRO RACE

https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,124095.0.html

Instagrams;
@shannon_ob
@dinger_developments

Offline phrozen

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #985 on: May 06, 2020, 03:29:34 pm »
the fabrication on the exhaust is immense