Make a donation

Author Topic: LED Side Lights  (Read 11618 times)

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Re: LED Side Lights
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 05:21:17 pm »
Well the Autobulb LED's have arrived but I can't figure out how to fit them as they are far too wide and won't go in the bulb holder!!!!!!  :confused: :confused:

Has anyone fitted these?

Hi nath, Just compared the leds with the free set and they seem to be around the same dimensions as the free set no major difference. Have they sent you the wrong type? i am just going out now but I will try to fit to the holder when I get back. :happy2:

Offline v2brett

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 08:20:07 pm »
Did you have any problems fitting Brett?

Spoke to Autobulbs and it's the only ones they have listed for a 501/W5W fitment? Have you had a go at fitting yet Jay?  :confused:

I pushed as hard as I'd dare with the bulb as I didn't want to damage the LED and there isn't much to grip!  :scared:

they were abit of trouble mate,  one went in quite easy but the other took some more work i had to spread the contacts in the bulb holder a little to make it fit.  they took a lot more force than a normal bulb takes to fit  :happy2:     there a must for xenon headlight though
Still Here!

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2009, 08:24:24 pm »
Well the Autobulb LED's have arrived but I can't figure out how to fit them as they are far too wide and won't go in the bulb holder!!!!!!  :confused: :confused:

Has anyone fitted these?

Hi nath, Just compared the leds with the free set and they seem to be around the same dimensions as the free set no major difference. Have they sent you the wrong type? i am just going out now but I will try to fit to the holder when I get back. :happy2:

It's the thickness that's the problem and they tell me they are the only type they make!  :confused:

Did you have any problems fitting Brett?

Spoke to Autobulbs and it's the only ones they have listed for a 501/W5W fitment? Have you had a go at fitting yet Jay?  :confused:

I pushed as hard as I'd dare with the bulb as I didn't want to damage the LED and there isn't much to grip!  :scared:

they were abit of trouble mate,  one went in quite easy but the other took some more work i had to spread the contacts in the bulb holder a little to make it fit.  they took a lot more force than a normal bulb takes to fit  :happy2:     there a must for xenon headlight though

Cheers Brett, I will give them another go at the weekend!  :happy2:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2009, 10:01:25 pm »
THEY FIT!!!!!!!  :pomppomp: :jumping: :grin:

Offline v2brett

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2009, 10:03:40 pm »
 :congrats:   were they tight??
Still Here!

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2009, 10:06:02 pm »
Not really no. They took a little pressure but not any more than a normal bulb I dont think. They look well weird dont they! (The actual bulb) :signLOL: :happy2:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 10:08:58 pm by ollie288 »

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2009, 10:13:16 pm »
They literally took 2 mins to change! (xenons off the car though so no messing in tight spaces!) :happy2:

Offline v2brett

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2009, 10:16:15 pm »
good good and yeah they look like no other bulb ive seen,    they look 10 better than a normal sidelight as well.

and i can imagine it being alot easy with them off the car ( your  lucky  :signLOL: )
Still Here!

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2009, 10:22:28 pm »
Do you know if they need to be a certain way for the polarity or can they go either? Just to save me messing around later. I cant check as the lights are not on the car yet!  :happy2:

Offline v2brett

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2009, 10:30:38 pm »
tbh mate i cant remember it may have said something about polarity on the packet though.  think i just put mine in and they worked
Still Here!

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2009, 10:33:05 pm »
Cheers mate. Mine came in a plastic bag (autobulb) They have a negative marked on the bulbs but not in the holder that I can see! We will have to see tomorrow when they are fitted!  :happy2:

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2009, 01:05:55 pm »
I'm going to be selling a sidelight kit off my R32 includes rear number plate(resistors built in, sidelights bulbs/resistors.

See the for sale section shortly...

Dom
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2009, 08:58:07 pm »
ive had a go at fitting mine, but i think i must have buggered something up!

keep getting a "bulb out" warning on the dash, and it wont go away. Ive cleared the codes with vag com, tried again, turned them round etc but they still dont work!

the original sidelight bulbs wont even work now! awesome!

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2009, 09:03:46 pm »
Jay I fitted some xenons for Ollie today and put the sidelights in and one didn't come on, long story short autobulbs told ollie to pull them out a little bit and by eck they work,  cleared the bulb out fault and every thing is fine.

By the way bulb out fault will turn the power off on the light that is faulty just so it doesn't cause any damage.

Darren
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 09:05:28 pm by mortygttdi »

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2009, 10:13:24 pm »
ive had a go at fitting mine, but i think i must have buggered something up!

keep getting a "bulb out" warning on the dash, and it wont go away. Ive cleared the codes with vag com, tried again, turned them round etc but they still dont work!

the original sidelight bulbs wont even work now! awesome!

Yep as Darren said you need to get the polarity right, then turn the sidelights on and slowly pull the bulb outwards. You should find a position where they light. They apparently have small contact point.  :happy2: