Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30  (Read 6776 times)

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Edition 30
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 04:55:50 pm »
Thanks for all the replies - I posted it and forgot about the thread... so many questions.

Greenouse has first pick of the plate if I ever sell the car

The wheels look much better in the flesh - I was not sure about them before I put them on, but as soon as they went on I though they looked amazing  :drool:  I was going to keep a low profile and stick the VW centres back on - I thought the red BBS caps looked too Japanese - but then thought, I'm always too conservative -let's put them on - they're a bit in your face but I like them  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Offline dubsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 08:10:51 pm »
Fantastic looking mate, best colour to have  :P

Personally i love the wheels but if i had them i would probably try BBS carbon fibre centre caps, i think they would look great  :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 10:31:40 pm »
I think the red centre caps are a brave choice but one that will instantly be recognisable as illyuns car. Just like JoesGTI, he was not sure for a while and now i think he loves them. And i spotted him straight away at the first meet i went to, purely because of his red caps.  :drinking:

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2008, 01:03:20 am »
Fantastic looking mate, best colour to have  :P

Personally i love the wheels but if i had them i would probably try BBS carbon fibre centre caps, i think they would look great  :happy2:

You've got me thinking there... actually, I'm planning on getting a CF bonnet and other bits and pieces next year so CF  badges would fit right in... for next year.

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 01:15:25 am »
I think the red centre caps are a brave choice but one that will instantly be recognisable as illyuns car. Just like JoesGTI, he was not sure for a while and now i think he loves them. And i spotted him straight away at the first meet i went to, purely because of his red caps.  :drinking:

Thats another reason why I kept them on - they're quite rare on other cars, so my car would be instantly recognisable.

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2008, 01:52:05 pm »
I like the centre caps a lot   :happy2: :happy2: :santa:

Offline dubsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 04:21:55 pm »
You've got me thinking there... actually, I'm planning on getting a CF bonnet and other bits and pieces next year so CF  badges would fit right in... for next year.

Excellent mate, if your planning other carbon fibre pieces it would be worth a try i reckon, if you dont like them im sure they wudnt be to hard to sell on as carbon fibre goodies are very popular at the moment  :happy2: