Make a donation

Author Topic: My Golf GTI Edition 30 - No. 424  (Read 41241 times)

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
Re: My Golf GTI Edition 30 - No. 424
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2017, 08:51:27 pm »
You'll love the exhaust. Best mod I've done. WRC version will be LOUD on full beans!

Look forward to your updates

I was going to get a hybrid but the GTI's sound quiet on videos so was a bit bothered about spending all that money and not being loud enough! If the WRC is too loud I'll get Nige at BCS to put a hybrid silencer in  :happy2:
Yep, you've always got that option. Mine's the Sport version, valved, and it's just right for me. I've taken the parcel shelf out so I can hear a bit more of it on boost, but it's really quiet when I'm pottering around. I'm glad I went for the valved option!

Yeah I have gone with the WRC due to it being valved, if it wasn't a powervalve I wouldn't have done as it would have been annoying, but as it is I suppose it's only as loud as you drive it if you get me.
Yep, it's either full on screaming with a little pop between gears, or OEM-quiet with lots of subtle burps and burbles on the over run. Really impressive power gains too. I never get tired of it!

Fantastic, really can't wait to get it fitted now  :driver:
Get a video up if you can - there aren't too many WRC versions knocking about so it'd be good to get the headphones in and hear it howl

Offline KieranED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
  • Burning Rubber Since 16th Febuary 2012
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89941.0.html
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2017, 09:10:45 pm »
You'll love the exhaust. Best mod I've done. WRC version will be LOUD on full beans!

I was going to get a hybrid but the GTI's sound quiet on videos so was a bit bothered about spending all that money and not being loud enough! If the WRC is too loud I'll get Nige at BCS to put a hybrid silencer in  :happy2:
Yep, you've always got that option. Mine's the Sport version, valved, and it's just right for me. I've taken the parcel shelf out so I can hear a bit more of it on boost, but it's really quiet when I'm pottering around. I'm glad I went for the valved option!

Yeah I have gone with the WRC due to it being valved, if it wasn't a powervalve I wouldn't have done as it would have been annoying, but as it is I suppose it's only as loud as you drive it if you get me.
Yep, it's either full on screaming with a little pop between gears, or OEM-quiet with lots of subtle burps and burbles on the over run. Really impressive power gains too. I never get tired of it!

Get a video up if you can - there aren't too many WRC versions knocking about so it'd be good to get the headphones in and hear it howl

Yeah deffo I'll get the DSLR out and get some footage or even better if your local to me (Lancashire) I could show you in person!

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2017, 09:19:34 pm »

Yeah deffo I'll get the DSLR out and get some footage or even better if your local to me (Lancashire) I could show you in person!
I'm a few miles away (down near Sheff) but if I'm ever up that way I'll give you a shout, thanks

In the meantime some pics and especially vids up on the forum would be great. Always enjoy listening to different exhausts, intakes, that kind of thing! (Nerd alert!)

Offline KieranED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2017, 09:53:24 pm »

I'm a few miles away (down near Sheff) but if I'm ever up that way I'll give you a shout, thanks

In the meantime some pics and especially vids up on the forum would be great. Always enjoy listening to different exhausts, intakes, that kind of thing! (Nerd alert!)

Sounds good haha!
I'll definitely get enough pictures and videos to satisfy everyone's nerdyness including mine  :signLOL:

Offline KieranED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2017, 10:24:12 am »
Well the BCS WRC Powervalve exhaust has been fitted for two months now...
AWESOME is all I can say, Its fantastic, Driving normal its like stock just with a little burble and a few subtle pop but on boost the beast is released  :evilgrin:

I have got a few photos that Nige kindly took so ill put them on when I get chance, unfortunately not had time to get a video of the exhaust but I will get it sorted for you all  :popcornsoda:

At the moment I'm just looking into the mine field of coilovers, I'm struggling what to choose, I want a decent drop enough too eliminate arch gap but also want a set that is going to last the lifetime of the vehicle!

I am willing to spend to get the right set up but nothing over the top, Recommendations much appreciated!

Offline markatfernhurst

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2017, 10:46:39 am »
Is yours currently standard? Mines on lowered H&R and Bilsteins and I think it looks just right and I find the ride quality's good too (which it needs to be for the miles I do). I'm only 5 minutes from you if you want to compare.

Offline KieranED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2017, 10:54:34 am »
Is yours currently standard? Mines on lowered H&R and Bilsteins and I think it looks just right and I find the ride quality's good too (which it needs to be for the miles I do). I'm only 5 minutes from you if you want to compare.

Suspension is currently standard yeah.
That would be great thanks Mark as long as its not too much trouble, I have been thinking about the Bilstein B12 Sportline suspension kit but I would hate to fit it and it not be low enough at least with coilovers I have a choice and if I'm going to a show I can adjust it for the occasion. Just don't have a clue on what coilovers to get :thinking:

Offline markatfernhurst

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2017, 10:58:33 am »
Mine already had the H&Rs when I got it so made it a simple decision to just upgrade dampers once original ones were past it

Offline KieranED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2017, 11:12:47 am »
Mine already had the H&Rs when I got it so made it a simple decision to just upgrade dampers once original ones were past it

I tend to overthink things and would be annoyed if the springs didn't meet my expectation  :doh: 
Glad yours was a simple decision, makes sense just to uprate what you have especially if your happy with it; I shall have to take a look  :happy2:

Offline KieranED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email