Make a donation

Author Topic: StuF presents Candy White 3 Door GTI  (Read 55142 times)

Offline Hawkesybaby

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: StuF presents Candy White 3 Door GTI
« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2017, 08:23:37 pm »
Try using a different image host?

Offline StuF

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 38
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90017.0.html
« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2018, 07:48:43 pm »
Well the motor is still going strong - now 183k and still in daily use!
Might be getting a company car next year so potentially be going to 3rd car status.
Not sure if the wingback seats will be staying as they still seem to fetch strong money but thatll be next year!

Front brake pads are getting to the end of their life so anyone got any link to some decent OEM ones? Not that bothered about ultimate braking force just some normal replacements that I can pop in over the weekend.
Im pretty sure the GTI will hit 200k before the company car arrives and Im looking forward to that milestone  :happy2:

Where Napoleons armies marched with horse and musket and Hitlers Reich crumbled in blood and rubble, the warriors of Armageddon do battle against the landscape of hell now indeed thrive the ARMOURERS

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2018, 03:00:07 pm »
I like ATE pads. :smiley:

Really impressive mileage! You've been taking care of it well. :congrats:

Offline swight

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
  • My Ride: 2007 Golf GTi Edition 30 in Candy White
« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2018, 05:32:56 pm »
Interesting thread!

Offline StuF

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2018, 05:51:37 pm »
Interesting thread!

In a good way I hope :smiley:

Changed the coolant temp sensor yesterday as the gauge was slow to creep up and fingers crossed that will fix it, off on long trip tomorrow to Shropshire from Lincoln so will get a decent run out.
Ive also installed a phone holder and charger on the dash as the satnav is ageing and I use Waze predominately over the standard VW Nav.
If my business mileage increases as expected 200k is in with a chance!

Where Napoleons armies marched with horse and musket and Hitlers Reich crumbled in blood and rubble, the warriors of Armageddon do battle against the landscape of hell now indeed thrive the ARMOURERS

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2019, 10:44:29 pm »
Great job :happy2:
Excellent work :congrats: :congrats:

Offline StuF

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
StuF presents Candy White 3 Door GTI
« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2019, 04:47:16 pm »
Been in my new job for a month now and the Golf has been sat hidden away in the garage not getting much use!
In the last few weeks Ive completed a few jobs :

Front pads changed  as the old ones were getting a little worn - Brembos were on offer so they went on.

Full oil and filter change as I do every year regardless of mileage including cabin filter

Nice fresh pair of front tyres Goodyear Eagle F1's - done about 10 miles on them so far!

Interior cleanup and hoover along with a leather treatment on the wingbacks.

Fresh wiper blades all round - Bosch

Headlight levelling sensor was replaced as the old one cracked - under the passenger side suspension area.

New crank sensor as the old one failed - genuine VW part too which was £140! Real pain to change but I managed it.

Brand new 12v battery as the old one was getting tired - put a high CCA Honda Diesel one in!

Im looking around for a set of standard grey leather front seats as the Wingbacks are coming out and will be heading to new home at some point in the future - seems to be a decent market for people installing them in their MK7 R's
MOT is due in another couple of months and once thats been done Ill probably be looking to swap the car for something else - fancy a Porsche 996 Turbo to be honest, must be mid life crisis time!

Some pics of the old girl taken today in the unseasonably warm weather.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 11:05:13 am by StuF »

Offline OllieL

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #172 on: April 24, 2019, 08:52:12 am »
Just read this from start to finish. Great thread!

I’d keep the seats if you don’t need the money! I’ve just bought a set, and the difference to standard seats is night and day!

Car feels a much more special place, and they’re so much more comfortable (especially for the wider gentleman) than the standard GTI seats.

Car looks great and well looked after, real credit to your care and attention

Ollie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline StuF

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #173 on: April 24, 2019, 11:02:57 am »
Cheers Ollie,

The car is in fantastic condition considering the mileage. A good friend has asked for first refusal once I’m ready to let it go and I’ve a set of standard grey leather leather seats going in hopefully this weekend so the wingbacks might find themselves up for sale at some point in the future too.

Not a clue what they go for to be fair but I’ll have a look round and see what they are likely to fetch if I decide not to reuse them in another vehicle.

Thanks for the kind words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk