Make a donation

Author Topic: Morgens ED30 No. 1871 - New suspension & audio!  (Read 123683 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6u4jb2090rmld1asai51gij6b6&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Morgens (currently broken) ED30 No. 1871!
« Reply #255 on: July 06, 2016, 07:21:47 pm »
Matching nail varnish too   :pomppomp:

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 10
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #256 on: July 06, 2016, 08:35:12 pm »
Fitted my coil packs and took the car for a spin... Fixed my misfire issue and she's a joy to drive again! Yay.

Out with the old and in with the new..

All in, bay is disgusting though!

After a clean... Well deserved

Also, I nearly murdered an 8 year old.. Fell off her bike and the front tyre hit the door of my car. Fortunately it's only dirty or I'd have gone absolutely tits.. She's constantly falling off it and riding around the cars on a little side street or riding into oncoming traffic.. She doesn't even live next to me, where is her mother?! as a side note she was okay, but I didn't really care

Matching nail varnish too   :pomppomp:

Of course!! Every girl should have their nails brake caliper red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #257 on: July 06, 2016, 10:37:38 pm »
That a rust mark by side skirt edge  :fighting:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline shaunnorris7

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 16
  • 2008 GT TDI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,93860.0.html
« Reply #258 on: July 07, 2016, 08:55:17 am »
Are you still looking for some Helio's?

Unfortunately I can't afford wheels! Insurance was due on the 2nd of this month  :sick:

Glad you've said that as I've decided to keep'em  :laugh:

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #259 on: July 07, 2016, 03:26:30 pm »
That a rust mark by side skirt edge  :fighting:

Sure is! Started life as quite a small stone chip but now it's not so much  :sad1: I'm going to try and save up for a full spray and some rust treatment too, the boots pretty bad after my bump in February  :ashamed:

Are you still looking for some Helio's?

Unfortunately I can't afford wheels! Insurance was due on the 2nd of this month  :sick:

Glad you've said that as I've decided to keep'em  :laugh:

Well let me know next time you fancy a change again because they're definitely the wheels I want  :innocent: :drool:

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #260 on: July 15, 2016, 03:46:23 pm »
Okay

Had a look around my car and I could honestly cry... It's in absolutely shocking condition.

Front splitter has two holes in it, one on either side at the lowest point.. Front bumper is damaged from someone hitting it in a car park, drivers side front wing is rusting due to scrubbing and the passenger side is dented from the car park bump.. Scratch on one headlight from the same bump and also a massive scratch on my bonnet when my boyfriend forgot my bonnet was open and jacked the car up into the garage door lock.. Scratch on the nsr door from the little girl falling into it with her bike (didn't realise it was scratched, thought it was dirt), rust just below this scratch and just above the skirt.. Lacquer peel on the roof above the windscreen also.. The boot is now rusting too :( The rear is a riot from when I bumped it in February - both the bumper and diffuser are scratched and dented as well as the o/s/r inner light being cracked. Oh and all four wheels are kerbed/have been hit with a sledgehammer.

I don't even know where to begin.. I don't really have many options when I can't afford a full respray do I?  :thinking: None of the rust will be under warranty because the car has actually previously had a full spray.. I think it was a bad job though and that explains the lacquer peel.

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #261 on: July 15, 2016, 04:25:16 pm »
Touch up and address the rust best you can to slow it down or put it on hold, and vinyl wrap the car?

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6u4jb2090rmld1asai51gij6b6&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #262 on: August 02, 2016, 01:15:11 pm »

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #263 on: August 02, 2016, 01:39:19 pm »
Rich  :signLOL:

Morgen I feel for you, it's pretty sh1t but its not the end of the world. If you cant afford/save for a full respray then perhaps focus on just fixing the bits you dont like most, one at a time over time? Is your boyfriend going to contribute to the scratch?

You've just had real bad luck, with other people especially, perhaps keep away from people!

Offline Cadders96

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 0
Re: My ED30 No. 1871!
« Reply #264 on: August 02, 2016, 02:01:02 pm »
More bumpers...

I did a buy!

Did you buy a GTI exhaust exit for a R32 style bumper? If so where did you buy it from?

Thanks

VW Golf GTI Mk5 3 door
18" Monzas
Tinted Windows
Powervalve WRC Sports Cat-Back Exhaust with Decat Downpie 3" (Ebay Special)
Climair Wind Deflectors
HID Foglights
GFB DV+
Pre-Cat Delete

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #265 on: August 10, 2016, 05:47:08 pm »
More bumpers...

I did a buy!

Did you buy a GTI exhaust exit for a R32 style bumper? If so where did you buy it from?

Thanks

I did indeed :) Just last weekend though, so I have a bit of an update for this! Purchased it from a place called ecotune for £500, including fitting! But they do have them on ebay, just search for milltek r32 style gti or something similar.

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #266 on: August 10, 2016, 06:06:27 pm »
Okay so finally, a little update! Yay, I like updates.

The ignition festival had its debut at the weekend and my work gave me premium tickets for free because they know my life revolves around everything car-related! How sweet is that? So anyway, I went to ignition and ended up impulse purchasing an R32 style catback Miltek exhaust to go with the R32 bumper I bought back in February! Which in turn also helps clean the car up just a little bit. Ordered it on Friday night and it arrived with the company on Tuesday so I stripped as much as I could off the car to minimise labour costs  :smiley:

I love pictures, so here are some pictures!

Before doing anything:

Jacked up, wheels and lights off! Took every single bolt out except one to remove the bumper... It was goosed :( I had to pay labour in the end, I was going to drive it down with no rear bumper haha!

The worst of the rust..

Scene photo, I love those

Took her down to have the exhaust fitted, here's her back at my house :)

Look at the shiny shiny!

And yes, I do realise there's supposed to be a diffuser there haha! Mines is currently on its way to me via courier so should be fitted by the weekend.. I might even give her a wash and get set on trying to treat the rust a little bit.. I've spent my pennies now so unfortunately paint will be further away, but the bumper is a start to freshening her up and she looks lovely! I sort of dig the no diffuser look, it's kinda racecar  :drool:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #267 on: August 10, 2016, 06:11:06 pm »
Comment on Instagram,looking good
As for the rust,get a touch up pen for the rust

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #268 on: August 11, 2016, 12:38:29 am »
Looking good. That's a great mod ...as for the rust. Remove the surface rust and treat it with some rust inhibitor...a lick of paint and your done..

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
Re: Morgens ED30 No. 1871! Now with a new bottom ;)
« Reply #269 on: August 13, 2016, 02:15:48 pm »
I'm off work for a week now so I think I'll try do something about the rust while I have the time to! I need to pay Halfords a visit anyway because I have two reg bulbs missing and a dipped beam bulb gone