Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 front wing warranty semi successful need opinions please.  (Read 1085 times)

Offline leeandstaz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Mk5 front wing warranty semi successful need opinions please.
« on: October 24, 2014, 06:16:29 pm »
Hi guys I've had both wings changed on the golf 100% covered by VW warranty.
However, the wings are now a different colour and it stands out like a thumb that's been hit with an hammer.
They argued it was due to the age of the cars paintwork, so out comes matey with the polishing mop made a small difference but still easily noticeable that there is a clear difference in the paint.
Even the new wings have more swirl marks than a tornado!! They said that as it was warranty work they only spray the wing and don't blend in any paintwork whereas if it had been an insurance job they would of sprayed the whole car if need be.
They have Said they will get in touch with customer services to see if they can spray the bonnet and doors to try and get a better match on the paint.
 How ever they won't touch the bumper as it is the honeycomb one from a GTI and the car is a Gt tdi.
 Do I ring the customer services first and explain that I'm not happy before they ring and try and Wriggle out if it?
 Not happy with the paint match but looks better with new wings.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 07:37:09 pm by leeandstaz »

Offline DMprep

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
Re: Mk5 front wing warranty semi successful need opinions please.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 08:38:51 pm »
Hi I also had the same with VW.

I left it to be honest, the hassle was killing me in the first place. I don't notice it anymore, I really think it's because the paint is so clean and new.

As for the bumpers, well you only have to look at the rear bumper to see they don't match the rear quarters from standard (silver anyway)

Offline Monty0881

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • My Ride: 2006MY Jetta 2.0 TDi sport
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 08:52:02 pm »
I paid the £60 each door to be colour matched... Essential on a light metallic colour. (For a inconspicuous repair anyway)

I'm a painter my self so know the score, there aren't many colours you can go edge to edge with.

Offline leeandstaz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 09:02:14 pm »
This one is black and stands out pretty well, It looks as if there is a blue pearl in the paint if that makes sense?
I think i will wait to see what they come back with with regards to the doors and bonnet.
 I am currently borrowing a mates 61 plate megane coupe which has had paint work and that was done in a barn and without an oven and has a better paint match than the golf done in a oven.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 09:03:49 pm by leeandstaz »

Offline Monty0881

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • My Ride: 2006MY Jetta 2.0 TDi sport
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 11:15:03 pm »
Ah, strange to get a black 1 wrong!

...the oven won't affect colour, just cleanliness and the curing of the lacquer!

Offline Juicetin

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 06:36:36 pm »
VW told me they definitely don't cover blending under a warranty or goodwill repair/replacement.
I had 2 new red wings that luckily didn't need any blending at all.

Offline leeandstaz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 09:05:13 pm »
VW told me they definitely don't cover blending under a warranty or goodwill repair/replacement.
I had 2 new red wings that luckily didn't need any blending at all.

Yeah pretty much what they told us. But surely there has to be some level of customer satisfaction in the job, Where there is such a difference in the paint colour they should put themselves out to keep the customer happy, whether that be repainting the wings or blending.
 At the end of the day they are working on someone else's pride and joy that went in one colour, You cant send it back out looking like the united colours of benetton.