Make a donation

Author Topic: Switchable maps  (Read 11955 times)

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
Re: Switchable maps
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 01:40:50 pm »
I've got through every time I've called - they used to have the telephone close to the Dyno so could never hear the phone ringing. Much better these days
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline TomGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 4
  • PIRELLI EDITION
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 01:46:56 pm »
I believe the switchable map is in addition to the £290 - the TC tweak I believe is now included as standard.

It's hard to confirm as I can never get hold of the guys!!
This does sound appealing, seems nuts paying 500plus for a revo map instead of this
GTI Pirelli - Reflex Silver - 5dr - 58 - B12 Sportline kit!

Sold ~ GTI - Mk5 - Pearl Black -  Bluefin - 3dr - 08

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 01:55:27 pm »
I believe the switchable map is in addition to the £290 - the TC tweak I believe is now included as standard.

It's hard to confirm as I can never get hold of the guys!!
This does sound appealing, seems nuts paying 500plus for a revo map instead of this

My thoughts exactly. I don't like paying for a load of company execs to drive round in RS5's 

I'd rather Niki's kids get a great Xmas with my money  :signLOL:

Offline rtechniki

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 05:47:50 pm »
The switch option is available for all stage2+ setups, We have developed all the new maps around the mk6 r software and implanted high speed logging capabilities which allows the owner to log extra data and uncapped data with vcds.  ie load caps out at 191.7% with vcds with the logger patch its unlimited.

Map switching offers 5 boost map cap options which allows 5 boost profiles based on throttle position and rpm,  which gives a nice raw feeling to the power which is 100% linear to what the driver wants.  You can tell us how you want each map setting, one can be raw high torque out put, on can be flat wet use map, another clutch happy, then full grunt..ect
The mapping also includes our trade mark hard cut rpm limiter which all the 20v boys love and enjoy.

The map switching is only available for the non dsg car due to the switch method being via a brake and throttle combination,  We have not found a method to switch maps on the dsg without upsetting other tuners who have patented the switching method.

When booking your stage2+ map you need to point out you want the switch and logger options, as it includes double the time to setup and the ecu HAS to be removed to have the new base code flashed as a starting point.
Nick Gower
R-Tech Performance Tuning
Hinckley 01455 617233
Bespoke ECU Software for 1.8T & 2.0TFSI

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 06:15:00 pm »
@OVERTFSI have you had a play with the GTI7 ECU's yet?  Be interesting to see what you could extract from the 7R

Offline rtechniki

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 06:28:12 pm »
Hi

We specialize at one area at a time at moment all time and r&d is with the med9 tfsi ecus,  We plan to move into med17 tsi tuning end of this year and mk7 R simos ecu tuning within the next 8-9 years.  Pointless to try and take on more work when we are rammed with the 1.8T and tfsi stuff still.   I like to progress into tuning and move on when I have to move on.  The old 1.8t stuff from 1997-2000 is being put on the back burner the market there hit rock bottom, rock bottom I mean the quality of the cars coming in, kids buying motors for £800 and cannot afford to get the car running right but want them mapping lol.. So due to that and us turning this work away we can now develop our mk6 gti tfi tuning methods and carry on tuning r32, the newer 1.8T and tfsi.
Nick Gower
Hinckley 01455 617233

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2014, 08:48:45 pm »
The switch option is available for all stage2+ setups, We have developed all the new maps around the mk6 r software and implanted high speed logging capabilities which allows the owner to log extra data and uncapped data with vcds.  ie load caps out at 191.7% with vcds with the logger patch its unlimited.

Map switching offers 5 boost map cap options which allows 5 boost profiles based on throttle position and rpm,  which gives a nice raw feeling to the power which is 100% linear to what the driver wants.  You can tell us how you want each map setting, one can be raw high torque out put, on can be flat wet use map, another clutch happy, then full grunt..ect
The mapping also includes our trade mark hard cut rpm limiter which all the 20v boys love and enjoy.

The map switching is only available for the non dsg car due to the switch method being via a brake and throttle combination,  We have not found a method to switch maps on the dsg without upsetting other tuners who have patented the switching method.

When booking your stage2+ map you need to point out you want the switch and logger options, as it includes double the time to setup and the ecu HAS to be removed to have the new base code flashed as a starting point.

I was trying to find another reason for a map tweek, excuse now found!  :party:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline rtechniki

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2014, 09:10:51 pm »
I am working on the DSG version on my wifes ed30...   so that wont be long
Nick Gower
Hinckley 01455 617233

Offline TomGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • PIRELLI EDITION
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2014, 09:19:21 pm »

Really does sound impressive - so the switchable mapping is only available on stage 2+ if not will you be planning on doing it on the stage 1 maps?

Offline rtechniki

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2014, 10:01:22 am »
pointless on a stage1 as all the power can be  modulated via the throttle, stage2+ there are so many combinations to deliver the power, high torque, linear, lower stage2+ hp higher output ect
Nick Gower
Hinckley 01455 617233

Offline TomGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • PIRELLI EDITION
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2014, 10:23:35 am »
pointless on a stage1 as all the power can be  modulated via the throttle, stage2+ there are so many combinations to deliver the power, high torque, linear, lower stage2+ hp higher output ect

Yes I see what your saying now.

I was just hoping there was a standard map I could use as well as a stage 1 map, just in case my clutch slips so I could use the standard map until I cough up £1000 for a updated clutch.  :happy2:

Offline kc888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2014, 10:53:05 pm »

HELLO!  :laugh: :laugh:

can you do this on the DSG too Niki? - I understand you can't get the switchable maps, but I'm liking the hard cut noise and the hardcore loud dsg farts!!  :happy2: :signLOL:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2014, 10:44:08 am »

HELLO!  :laugh: :laugh:

can you do this on the DSG too Niki? - I understand you can't get the switchable maps, but I'm liking the hard cut noise and the hardcore loud dsg farts!!  :happy2: :signLOL:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90281.msg913651.html#msg913651