Make a donation

Author Topic: Lowering and wheel spacers  (Read 1920 times)

Offline BadBazGti

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Lowering and wheel spacers
« on: January 27, 2019, 01:44:10 pm »
Hi all I'm new to this forum...  So sorry if this has been asked before.....

I'm planning a set of bola b1s for my Gti...  (That I haven't picked up yet) ....

Its pretty standard so planning lowering as well

But don't want to go silly low....  Can anyone advise me.. Or show pics.. Of a nice height with 18"b1s,,,,  Aldo want a slight staggered look... So any advice on front and rear spacers... I. E. Make and sizes....

Any help would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance for any help......

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Alex Booth

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
  • AKS Tuning
    • AKS Tuning
    • Email
Re: Lowering and wheel spacers
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 10:18:48 am »
All depends on the widths and offsets of the wheels your wanting to go for. From that we can work out what size spacers would be suitable. In regards to lowering, H&R lowering springs will drop the car 30mm or so and will lose the arch gap, or the other option would be coilovers so you can adjust the height to what you wish.

:smiley:

Offline BadBazGti

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 09:21:50 am »
All depends on the widths and offsets of the wheels your wanting to go for. From that we can work out what size spacers would be suitable. In regards to lowering, H&R lowering springs will drop the car 30mm or so and will lose the arch gap, or the other option would be coilovers so you can adjust the height to what you wish.

:smiley:
18" bola b1 ... 8.5j ..if that helps .. as I say want the staggered look with out 2 different tyre widths ???  And don't really understand the ofsets ...I take it the higher the offset  further the rim will sit out ???? Am I wring in thinking this ???
Any help is appreciated
Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 09:26:08 am by BadBazGti »

Offline Alex Booth

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
  • AKS Tuning
    • AKS Tuning
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 10:32:01 am »
Need to know the offets/ET's to be able to work out what spacers would be suitable. The higher the offset.. the further in the wheel sits, lower the offset.. the more poke you will have. If you contact Bola I'm sure they can give you the offsets, or it may say on one of the back of the spokes. From that we can work out what spacers will bring the wheel flush with the arch and what tyre sizes you can get away with  :smiley: