Make a donation

Author Topic: Aliexpress - Stay Well Away!!  (Read 3439 times)

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
Aliexpress - Stay Well Away!!
« on: December 10, 2014, 10:37:55 am »
Like a lot of you, I ordered a few small bits from aliexpress over the past while as they work out cheaper.

However, the order is often wrong or damage when it gets to me.

One order in particular was a set of GTI door sills, the wrong ones were sent out so I sent him photos and was told a new set was on the way and asked that I cancel the dispute which I did.

After 5 months of endless emailing, the seller won't respond to me and after 6 attempts at speaking with customer service they went from saying "we'll get back to you" to now ignoring the entire chat that I type.

I've had 3 bad experiences out of around 10 purchases so to me that's not acceptable. I'm sure others on here would have had no bad experiences but the after sales service and customer care is non existent so I wouldn't take the risk anymore!

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
Re: Aliexpress - Stay Well Away!!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 10:56:12 am »
One thing i've learned is always cover your back, and never cancel any claim/dispute until it is 100% resolved, regardless of what the seller promises to do.

I guess it's the risk you take when purchasing from a site like that
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline reaper7881

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,68492
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 04:44:00 pm »
try and use a credit card when you buy things online. that way if anything is wrong you can get your money back :drinking:
54 MK5 Golf 1.9tdi 3dr SMD Full Interior and Speedo Conversion, GTi Highline , Flat Bottom Wheel, ED30 Rear lights

Offline ghuk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 11:53:46 pm »
Sorry to hear this lukemk5gti,

Must admit have looked @ Aliexpress in the past for various bits and pieces (non car related) but never purchased anything.

Will stay clear methinks..........
2005 Golf GTI Mk5