Make a donation

Author Topic: Wheel Power Brockley - London  (Read 3875 times)

Offline sumtingwong

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
  • MK5 R32 DPB DSG
Wheel Power Brockley - London
« on: December 22, 2014, 11:48:12 am »
I took my car down to these guys on the 13th of December to get my tyres and balancing done.

First issue I have is that after I got home, I inspected my Alloys, they were damaged quite badly from the tyre removal machine they used. Dented and scratched from the grips.

I don't drive my car at all on weekdays as I work in the city, so I take public transport, therefore my car only gets used on weekends.
I noticed that the steering wheel is not centre, if I centre the wheel the car pulls towards the right.

I called up and explained my issue, Mark was straight away very hostile. "It says 7 days", what he means is that I had a 7 day guarantee if you will to report problems.

Anyway, he did agree to "take a look at it" but said I will be charged for correction.

Bad service, bad personality - Stay away.

I will be going to STS Bromley or Bexley Motor Works - I'm not going to bother wasting petrol to get a free diagnosis of "I f*cked up your car but I can fix it buy charging you again".

Car: VW MK5 Golf R32.

https://plus.google.com/113873919077346396128/about?hl=en
MK5 R32 DPB DSG

Offline th3_f15t

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
Re: Wheel Power Brockley - London
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 04:13:18 pm »
Before correcting it, contact trading standards and get legal action taken against them.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline basman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 10:37:59 pm »
i tend to disagree ive had loads of cars and they have never damaged any of mine i always try and use them for my tracking as they seem to be only ones that do it properly  (only downside is the travel where the are) , maybe you have had just a bad one day of luck!!! tbh my local tyre (wont say there name)shop that i always recommend has changed so many wheels and tyres (toomany ive lost count in 15years) for me with out ever damaging and last month he knicked a wheel in all the time end of day all human and can make mistakes!!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:41:43 pm by basman »

Offline mvb12

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 09:24:19 am »
Normally WP is o.k, but he should have been a bit more understanding of the situation.

Been using them years myself and not had any issue but as said, sometimes you could be unlucky.

I recommended STS in Bromley to @sumtingwong after @jussa scolded me for going to WP for geometry
and can vouch for there work albeit more pricey than WP.
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline sumtingwong

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
  • MK5 R32 DPB DSG
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 12:49:03 am »
i tend to disagree ive had loads of cars and they have never damaged any of mine i always try and use them for my tracking as they seem to be only ones that do it properly  (only downside is the travel where the are) , maybe you have had just a bad one day of luck!!! tbh my local tyre (wont say there name)shop that i always recommend has changed so many wheels and tyres (toomany ive lost count in 15years) for me with out ever damaging and last month he knicked a wheel in all the time end of day all human and can make mistakes!!

Its all about first impressions, it was my first time with them and they f*cked up.

My alloys were dented from the claws of their machine, I was willing to let that slide since I wanted some Audi rotors anyways.

What really pissed me off is the wonky ass steering wheel, the blunt and ugly answer given on the phone.

Tell Mark he can suck my Milltek tip.  :party:
MK5 R32 DPB DSG