Make a donation

Author Topic: My Pirelli  (Read 27582 times)

Offline gixerben

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92657.msg930393.html#msg930393
My Pirelli
« on: January 11, 2015, 02:44:06 pm »
Hi all, been on the forum a while so thought I would pop some pic's up of my Pirelli..

I have carried out a few mods since purchase with plenty more to come no doubt...

I started off with full LED interior bulb replacement along with yellow tint fogs up front.

Then as I have always loved the R32 rear end I sourced all genuine parts and finished it off with a BCS R32 cat back system..

And popped on some pressed plates..

Then Eddie came and worked his magic and installed Highline cluster (cheers V4rley)for me...great work and a massive improvement. And while he was playing with settings he coded my door warning lights..

I also installed a RCD510 DAB but will soon swap out for an RNS510 when I find a suitable replacement.

And fitted some new switches for the centre console for a little bit of fun..

Future plans are to lower her a little and possible remap (r-tech of course) R32 brake swap and sort the sound system out..

View/comments welcome..

Pirelli GTI

Offline Jcarroll

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: My Pirelli
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 05:06:28 pm »
where did you pick up the eject button mate? Does it work  :signLOL:?

Offline gixerben

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92657.msg930393.html#msg930393
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 05:31:25 pm »
I wish, moaning passengers beware!!!  Carstyle4you.com bud not cheap but great little touch :happy2:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 04:18:54 pm by gixerben »
Pirelli GTI

Offline Jcarroll

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 05:42:08 pm »
Ill just pretend it  does work! Thanks for the info, ill give them a look!

Offline TomGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 4
  • PIRELLI EDITION
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 07:23:54 pm »
Love a pirelli's that's why I have one.

Do the door warning lights require any wiring or just coding?
GTI Pirelli - Reflex Silver - 5dr - 58 - B12 Sportline kit!

Sold ~ GTI - Mk5 - Pearl Black -  Bluefin - 3dr - 08

Offline gixerben

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 07:29:25 pm »
plug n play for the door lights..power on port 18 and ground on 19 (free on mine) or 21 on my door wiring (thanks to Eddie for the info) and coding to activate.

Plenty of info on this site about it, hardest part getting the door cards off...
Pirelli GTI

Offline Rob1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 24
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 07:46:25 pm »
That's a real nice Pirelli, I'm really liking those. I think I may just have to look at my finances at latter part of the year.
Black Ed30

Offline Wayne D

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 7
  • MKV GTI Pirelli
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 06:03:40 pm »
Lovely car.  :happy2:

Offline gixerben

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 05:14:02 pm »
I've been a tad slow with updates on what I have been doing to the Pirelli of late, what with a promotion at work and getting to grips with my new role I have been fairly busy.

Anyway back to the Golf, I always loved the Pirelli but was always and little gutted by the amount of toys it had or lack of as the case maybe. So I am always looking on line for ideas and things to help improve and deal with this issue..

So first thing was swap out the RCD for an RNS..

Then Eddie come over and coded it all up and fitted the MDI in the armrest along with the overhead mic to go with my blue tooth module under the seat!

And one of the biggest frustrations was that my Pirelli never had a multi function wheel.... and as most of you are aware MF wheels for a Pirelli dont come up for sale very often, so I bagged myself a scirocco 2009 wheel and had it retrimmed to match the out going yellow stitched wheel..

I think that the wheel turned out fanatastic and even Eddie agreed (while he was fitting it) and the feel of new leather and smell got my going so I then sent off the gaitor to be redone in the matching leather.

So with the interior just about perfect (in my eyes) my attention turned to the outside, and having had xenon lamps on my old Honda S2000, I really wanted them fitted to the Golf, but being a bit fussy I need it to be all genuine kit with auto leveling and with washers etc. So I managed to grab the bargain of the century and got a pair of genuine Xenon lamps with bulbs, ballasts and ingitors for £150!!
Once again Eddie come over and helped code them while I fitted the units and then come back later that month to help me wire in the auto leveling.

I'm currently trying to source the headlight washer kit, so if anybody reading this has any bits that will help do please drop me a message..

So a BIG thanks has to go to Eddie for all his time and knowledge helping me with the car, I really would have been stuck without him :happy2:

And just to finish of the interior mods, while we were busy pulling all the cables in for the auto leveling and bi-xenons Eddie coded me a highline conveniance control unit so I can play around with my settings, and coded in my cornering fogs.

An area that I thought needed to be addressed from an early stage of ownership was the lack of braking power, the brakes were always in great condition but I felt that they lack bite and power so I sourced a full front setup from an Audi TTS, had a little play with some Pirelli decals and on they went..

And what an improvement they are, and I have an nice black set of S3 rears sitting in my office waiting to be popped on the rear to complete the setup..

I really pleased with the car and how it has come on over the last few months, pipeline work is as stated before headlight washers, power folding mirrors and possibly and reverse camera badge, once my bank account recovers..

Thanks for reading guys and thanks again to Eddie :wink:
Pirelli GTI

Offline Nasir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 11:40:11 pm »
Why did you fit a different steering wheel? You just pop off the old blank plates and put the new ones with the buttons in. The buttons are the same on all post 2007 MK5 Golfs.
Shadow Blue 2007 GTI DSG (Standard)

Offline gixerben

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 05:23:25 pm »
Why did you fit a different steering wheel? You just pop off the old blank plates and put the new ones with the buttons in. The buttons are the same on all post 2007 MK5 Golfs.

If only it was that easy......You can do it with a DSG wheel but not a manual wheel.
Pirelli GTI

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 05:47:48 pm »

If only it was that easy......You can do it with a DSG wheel but not a manual wheel.

That's my understanding too.

Lovely motor  :happy2:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline An0NyMOUs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • A Nuisance
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 09:42:54 pm »
And I'm sure the Scirocco wheel looks like the mk6 golf wheel not the mk5 wheel shown?
2.0 FSI 4motion

Offline gixerben

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 11:21:05 am »
And I'm sure the Scirocco wheel looks like the mk6 golf wheel not the mk5 wheel shown?

Sorry, your wrong..
Pirelli GTI

Offline An0NyMOUs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • A Nuisance
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 11:23:34 am »
Don't go into too much detail will you