Make a donation

Author Topic: mk6 climate into 2006 mk5 gti  (Read 42955 times)

Offline ady-uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
Re: mk6 climate into 2006 mk5 gti
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2016, 01:20:10 pm »
UPDATE:

I need a new ECU to get the aircon to kick in, hopefully will be 'cloned' and fitted tonight :D

Have done all the wiring wiring changes and flaps work but not 100%

I have two flaps by the blower (passenger area)
I assume these are the two that were updated to single flap?

How hard it it to upgrade to single flap?
Can just the l/h side of the air box be changed or is it the whole complete unit.  all behins the centre console etc.  whole dash out :(
VW Golf 2.0 Gtd 140 4motion (2005)
Factory fitted: xenons, sunroof, heated leather seats, fold in mirrors with downlights,
Custom: Mk6 steering wheel, updated gateway, RNS510 remote boot pop, LED lighting.

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2016, 01:27:36 pm »
I have a friend who can replace just the blower without removing the dash. Don't ask me how he does it, I never asked and it seemed to me that he wanted to keep it as a professional secret. Both my Golfs have a one flap blower.

Offline ady-uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2016, 03:24:59 pm »
Would he be interested in doing mine if I get a blower.
Glove box is already out so a bit easier :)

I have a friend who can replace just the blower without removing the dash. Don't ask me how he does it, I never asked and it seemed to me that he wanted to keep it as a professional secret. Both my Golfs have a one flap blower.
Factory fitted: xenons, sunroof, heated leather seats, fold in mirrors with downlights,
Custom: Mk6 steering wheel, updated gateway, RNS510 remote boot pop, LED lighting.

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2016, 03:31:49 pm »
Replacing the blower is the best way to do the retrofit work 100%. I'm sure one of the forum retrofitters can help you with that. :smiley:

Offline downtime

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2016, 06:02:18 am »
I managed to source a aircon channel block with motors for the blower part. This new part has the recirc flap with just one motor. Is it possible to just swap the flap assembly part without having to replace the whole block which looks like a tremendous work as it seems to require a removal of complete dash?

My car is Golf Plus 2006.

Thanks for the tips on this one.

Offline ady-uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2016, 08:13:31 am »
Can you post the part number as I need to source single flap air box but want to make sure it is correct.
Also a picture of what to look for would be useful, when trying to look at crappy ebay pictures.

I really don't want the hassle of buying the wring one :(

Regarding fitting, I've heard it can be done easier than full dash removal but no-idea how.
I'll look for someone who can, when I need mine swapping over :D

I managed to source a aircon channel block with motors for the blower part. This new part has the recirc flap with just one motor. Is it possible to just swap the flap assembly part without having to replace the whole block which looks like a tremendous work as it seems to require a removal of complete dash?

Offline downtime

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2016, 10:12:58 am »
Can you post the part number as I need to source single flap air box but want to make sure it is correct.
Also a picture of what to look for would be useful, when trying to look at crappy ebay pictures.

I really don't want the hassle of buying the wring one :(

Regarding fitting, I've heard it can be done easier than full dash removal but no-idea how.
I'll look for someone who can, when I need mine swapping over :D

I bought the complete box not just the recirc flap part.

This one :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272054769455?_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Offline downtime

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2016, 05:32:25 am »
I finally swapped the recirc -box to single motor one two days ago. On Golf Plus you can separate the box from the complete module. It's only held in place by two screws and clips.

But it was a real PITA to get the old box out and new in without dismantling the whole dashboard. The old box did not come out in one piece, I had to break it. The new one went in actually quite nicely when I took the motor and the big flap out. It allowed the box to bend so that it was possible to tweak it in.

Now everything works great. No more problems with stucking flaps and error messages about missing calibration. Also automatic recirc function now works flawlessly. Now one thing that bothers me which I'm not sure if it's due to single motor or what but when putting the blower to max speed, it makes a really audible grumbling noise and the whole dashboard vibrates very clearly. I'm not sure if this was before or not.
How is your's if you put the blower to max? Does it make the same grumbling sound and vibrations?

So it's doable without dash out it seems. Not easy but doable.

Offline ady-uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2016, 08:19:46 am »
Mine don't 'grumble' but is a good amount of blowing so can hear obvious blower noise.....

I still need a single flap blower box unit first :(

Offline downtime

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2016, 08:32:52 am »
Mine don't 'grumble' but is a good amount of blowing so can hear obvious blower noise.....

Yes, blower noise is really audible as it was before. Now it just seems to be accompanied with the low vibrating noise. Could be due to one motor dual flap config also. The new box is really well secured so I don't think that is the cause for the vibrations.

Normal speeds I can't hear anything. Just the two max speeds are causing noise.

Edit :

Ok I think I can guess what's wrong with the blower. Something most likely dropped to the blower motor when detaching the old air recirc box and that is causing the noise. I'm taking the motor off today to check for extra things not belonging there :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:19:51 am by downtime »

Offline downtime

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2016, 04:03:10 pm »
Haa, found the reason for blower vibra. Serial sticker had come off from the recirc box during the swap and dropped to blower motor. That caused the noise.

Now it's just making the normal blower noise and not vibrating anymore :) yay.

Offline Softishman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2016, 08:48:47 pm »
I have the mk6 clima in my ed30 but i can't reach the clima in vcds? Don't know whar's wrong? And sugestions?

Offline downtime

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2016, 05:29:29 am »
I have the mk6 clima in my ed30 but i can't reach the clima in vcds? Don't know whar's wrong? And sugestions?

Can you see it in autoscan list? Do you have an original VCDS cable? The cheap China copies sometimes do that they can't connect to a module. Shutting down vcds and detaching the cable usually helps.

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 32
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2016, 12:11:56 pm »
I'm amassing parts to do this including the air quality sensor. Still waiting on the two repair wires before I go ahead.
However, the more I read about this mod the more I worry about how many problems I'm gonna run into. I've read various other threads about this mod too, but this is the first time I've read about having to replace the blower box unit in order to have everything functioning correctly.
Mine's going to be going into a 2005 GTI.
I do have VCDS.
I'll take photos as I go to post up here to either assist in being helped or to help others depending on how much luck I have.
Wish me luck. 

Offline Softishman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2016, 06:03:18 pm »

Can you see it in autoscan list? Do you have an original VCDS cable? The cheap China copies sometimes do that they can't connect to a module. Shutting down vcds and detaching the cable usually helps.

Hi!
I have a genuine vcds cable!! It shows on autoscan but it says "no connection" can't be reached... Have tried to change canbus gateway to a newer but still no luck, i think this has to do with another problem i have. The audio menu in my mfd does not show up either... Mfsw buttons work but only volume to me headunit.. It has worked before...