Make a donation

Author Topic: Shaun's GT TDI  (Read 84243 times)

Offline ephemeross

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • @supptora
Re: Shaun's GT TDI
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2015, 05:41:33 pm »
Looking nice :D Shall be keeping an eye on this as I have a GT TDI too.
2007 Reflex Silver GT TDI 170 @ 187 BHP / 313 lbft.
Instagram: @supptora

Offline shaunnorris7

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 16
  • 2008 GT TDI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,93860.0.html
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2015, 10:40:40 pm »
Looking nice :D Shall be keeping an eye on this as I have a GT TDI too.

Thanks. Appreciate it ☺

Offline shaunnorris7

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2015, 07:21:30 pm »
Stopped to fill up at the Shell garage in Buckden on the way home. Just as I finished and was walking in to pay a Skyline of some description pulled up (really not my cup of tea but I know they have a large following). As I'm in the queue to pay I heard 3 lads (in there early 20's I'd say) saying how smart this car looked etc. Naturally I asume there on about this Skyline, but after I've paid and walked outside there all stood by my car with one of them taking a photo of it. I think I suprised them when I unlocked it and walked up to them from behind but they said how they loved the colour and wheels.

I said thanks as I got in and drove off smirking.

Nice to get some good feed back first hand  :drinking:

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2015, 09:21:53 pm »
Some nice mods there shaun.
Car looks great.well done
 :happy2:
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline shaunnorris7

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2015, 10:12:32 pm »
Some nice mods there shaun.
Car looks great.well done
 :happy2:

Cheers mate, was hoping to get the mk6 heater controls but pointless if you can't control the air-con.

Did you only find out by trying it?

Offline Rob1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 24
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2015, 05:50:26 am »

Cheers mate, was hoping to get the mk6 heater controls but pointless if you can't control the air-con.

Did you only find out by trying it?
[/quote] Hi Shaun the car continues to look good. What do you mean by the above statement, as I have the air con system which is the least aspect of my car.

Also is the ED30 or Gti rear lower valance

Cheers Rob
Black Ed30

Offline shaunnorris7

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2015, 08:40:11 am »
Hi Shaun the car continues to look good. What do you mean by the above statement, as I have the air con system which is the least aspect of my car.

Also is the ED30 or Gti rear lower valance

Cheers Rob

Rob, the rear valance is from a GTI.

As for the heating controls, I'm still unsure myself tbh. After seeing @marko changing his to a mk6 I instantly wanted to do the same but after messaging him it turns out that the mk6 can not operate the air-con.

Not sure if there is one which will do it, maybe @Eddie-NL could resolve this for me  :happy2:

This is what I currently have...

And this is what I'd like to go to...

And if it can be done, how does the heated seats work. I currently have 5 heat settings but the mk6 only has 3 lights? Does it just convert 5 to 3?

Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Offline Rob1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 24
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2015, 09:40:18 am »
Cheers Shaun I'll keep an eye on this post as if that could work I would also change mine over. The original style looks so old and dated
Black Ed30

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2015, 12:11:00 pm »
Another problem with heater controls is the operation of vents on mk5 is manual compared to all electronic on mk6..
Trust me ..it can't be done without taking dash out and changing everything.
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline shaunnorris7

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2015, 01:55:44 pm »
Another problem with heater controls is the operation of vents on mk5 is manual compared to all electronic on mk6..
Trust me ..it can't be done without taking dash out and changing everything.

It's straight off my list lol

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2015, 04:44:05 pm »
My friend who fitted my OPS sensors, RVC and the lot, made this retrofit to his Golf and a couple more cars, but it's an expensive retrofit for just having auto AC that can be upgraded to newer version that displays in the RNS/RCD-510 screen.

Offline shaunnorris7

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2015, 08:22:53 pm »
Gave it an overdue wash today...

Pics of my intake and R32 clocks...

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2015, 09:01:44 pm »
Stopped to fill up at the Shell garage in Buckden on the way home. Just as I finished and was walking in to pay a Skyline of some description pulled up (really not my cup of tea but I know they have a large following). As I'm in the queue to pay I heard 3 lads (in there early 20's I'd say) saying how smart this car looked etc. Naturally I asume there on about this Skyline, but after I've paid and walked outside there all stood by my car with one of them taking a photo of it. I think I suprised them when I unlocked it and walked up to them from behind but they said how they loved the colour and wheels.

Good isn't it. Was surprised on my way home on Thursday when I was stopped at a set of lights & a cyclist just looked at the car and shouted 'Nice' & nodded in appreciation.

Your car looks great - some very well chosen improvements. Still, must be the steel grey colour that gets everyone going, eh?!  :grin:

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline shaunnorris7

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2015, 11:13:13 pm »

Good isn't it. Was surprised on my way home on Thursday when I was stopped at a set of lights & a cyclist just looked at the car and shouted 'Nice' & nodded in appreciation.

Your car looks great - some very well chosen improvements. Still, must be the steel grey colour that gets everyone going, eh?!  :grin:

Sure is  :drinking:

Offline shaunnorris7

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2015, 11:03:16 pm »
So I had the EGR cleaned today.

It was quite bad but wasn't stuck. BUT the juddering is still there at low speeds (20-30mph).

After running vagcom the only fault was a camshaft sensor so getting that, cam belt and water pump done on Saturday.

Could that be causing the juddering though?

Any ideas anyone?