Make a donation

Author Topic: Fiscon Basic Plus Kit Review  (Read 5892 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Fiscon Basic Plus Kit Review
« on: February 06, 2010, 05:25:56 pm »
Sorry if this is in the wrong place Mods you have my permission to move it if it is  :P

Well i have been toying for sometime now with whether or not to get OEM Bluetooth for the Blue Bullet.

I then started to read a few reviews from people saying how impressed they were with the Fiscon Kits.

So after some deliberation i decided to fork out for a Fiscon Basic Plus Kit.

The kit was delivered the day after and it was soooooo easy to install.

Basically remove you remove the MFD3 & the DashBox & Vents.

Then undo the Quadlock connector from the back of the MFD3.

Next using the supplied cable connect the vehicle quadlock to the provided loom. Once this is done connect the opposite end back to the MFD3.

Now branching off from the cable are 2 connectors. One plugs into the Fiscon box the other connects the microphone.

The microphone cable i ran behind the steering wheel up the drivers A Pillar and then following this guide

http://fiscon-mobile.com/products/mic.php

I installed the Mic in the Interior light unit.

The Fiscon box i installed under the Ashtray by the gear stick.

Once done before putting everything back in place i used VCDS and using Block 19 - Can Gateway, Select Coding and then in Byte 3 tick Bit 7 (telephone)

Once checked all was working i put everything back in place and now you would never know that the kit is there.

In the last 2 days i have answered and made a fair few calls whilst on the move and i have to say the sound quality is Excellent. I would say a lot better than the Parrot MKi9000 kit i had in previously.

Start to finish took 20 minutes.

Im impressed that i can use the Touch Screen on the MFD3 or the Wiper Stalk & Maxidot (if you have MFSW that works too)

All in all i have been thoroughly impressed with the Kit and with the addition of the E-MFA already included in the Basic Plus kit i would say it was definately worth the money.

Will add some pictures later.

Carl :happy2:

Offline wigit

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
Re: Fiscon Basic Plus Kit Review
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 06:10:09 pm »
had one of these put in the golf today and its a cracking bit of kit, not the cheapest but worth the it  :happy2:

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
Re: Fiscon Basic Plus Kit Review
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 08:25:54 pm »
Good review there, and thanks for the link about the mic, mine is visable, I shall be moving mine in the week!!
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental