Make a donation

Author Topic: BSH Engine Mounts Review Update 2/12/09 page 3  (Read 50880 times)

Offline QD MBE

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
Re: BSH Engine Mounts Review Update 2/12/09 page 3
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2010, 12:11:33 pm »
Not done anything about it yet,  a touch more noise would be acceptable, not not as mucha s the BSH gave.

a happy medium would be ok.

So have you made any progress on this?  Still have the OEM mounts?  Don't suppose you took a careful look at the state of the rubber to see for any degridation?  Or compare them side by side with brand new OEMs?

This very issue (engine mounts) is sommat I'm now working on.  Got a set of new OEMs and will be 'modifying' them with some high grade RTV silicone - just trying to work out how much of the void to fill . . . .  But with the silicone modified OEMs, noise increase should be minimal, and any increase should (definately / hopefully  :chicken:) be on the same harmonic frequency.

However since the new diff was fitted, all is well, and i am content for now.

Quaiffe?  Who did that for you?

That is exactly what i am looking to do.  I have new mounts fitted at the moment (warranty), and all is well.  I had a Quaife diff fitted about 10k miles ago, which started playing up (clunking when moving off).  Quaife have not saeen one like it, and have replaced it under the lifetime warranty, they also flushed the box out and inspected it for damage, with nothing found.

All is good now, the car is so much better to drive now, with no clunking, and a diff that is behaving itself.