Make a donation

Author Topic: ABS Pump / Module  (Read 4350 times)

Offline JD2032

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
ABS Pump / Module
« on: March 29, 2015, 09:45:03 pm »
Hey folks,

Would anyone be able to provide a part number for the ABS Pump, which I think has a module connected to it?

It's for an '04 Mk5 GT TDI, the 2.0 ltr BKD engine.

My traction control and ABS light are on constantly. Have not had it scanned yet but I suspect it's the ABS pump that's gone :(

Also got the Airbag warning light lit, but this has been identified as most probably the drivers side door wiring loom as the sensor has been checked. If anyone can pull the correct part number of that, that would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

JD.

Offline boardyuk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88307.0.html
Re: ABS Pump / Module
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 07:39:07 am »
Hey,

I have the ABS pump I removed from my '04 GT sitting around doing nothing on a shelf at home. There's nothing wrong with it at all I just needed to upgrade it to a newer version for my white screen cluster.

Will have a look at numbers when I get home later, should work on your car too if your interested as it's not doing much on the shelf?

Ad

Offline JD2032

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 08:07:16 am »
If it's the exact correct part, I'd love to take it off your hands for some of those strange beer token things called money :P

I'm not 100% I'm going to need it, but I'd rather have it just in case, and if yours is correct and doing nothing then why not !

Can I ask what the reason for upgrading it was? Cost? Would it make more sense to change to the upgraded version?

Thanks.

Offline boardyuk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 07:47:26 am »
If it's the exact correct part, I'd love to take it off your hands for some of those strange beer token things called money :P

I'm not 100% I'm going to need it, but I'd rather have it just in case, and if yours is correct and doing nothing then why not !

Can I ask what the reason for upgrading it was? Cost? Would it make more sense to change to the upgraded version?

Thanks.

I will check the part numbers tonight for you, got in really late last night so didn't have a chance. I'm 99% sure it's the correct part for your car :happy2:

The only reason I upgraded was so I could fit a Mk6 cluster which shows an ABS error light if you don't have a newer pump. I also have a pump from a Mk6 sitting around that I was going to use for fitting park assist, that was however a much bigger job than I originally thought so abandoned that one for the time being. I'd say the only real reason for upgrading to the newer one is if you really want to put Mk6 clocks in the car, otherwise there's not really much point in the extra expense.

I would get the car scanned with VCDS, that should give you an idea what error codes are being thrown up  :smiley:

Offline JD2032

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 10:52:47 am »
I don't really fancy the mk6 cluster, I do plan to go to the mk5 diesel highlife cluster at somepoint, hopefully with illuminated needles :P

I would imagine they are all the same pump across the whole range?

Would the one you have be everything I would need to swap mine? I think it's like a pump and a module attached? I think it comes as one unit?

It's a pain to get it scanned to be honest as I'm at work 9-6 most days and can't get time off to get to a garage!

Are eBay code readers any good? even if they can't clear it, might at least get the correct code?

Thanks in advance, sorry for all the random questions!

JD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline boardyuk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 03:41:51 pm »
I don't really fancy the mk6 cluster, I do plan to go to the mk5 diesel highlife cluster at somepoint, hopefully with illuminated needles :P

I would imagine they are all the same pump across the whole range?

Would the one you have be everything I would need to swap mine? I think it's like a pump and a module attached? I think it comes as one unit?

It's a pain to get it scanned to be honest as I'm at work 9-6 most days and can't get time off to get to a garage!

Are eBay code readers any good? even if they can't clear it, might at least get the correct code?

Thanks in advance, sorry for all the random questions!

JD

Highline cluster is a great upgrade, was one of the first ones I did actually :wink: The only thing you'd need to do is get the current coding of your ABS pump and then apply the same coding to this one, can be done with VCDS easily enough.

The ABS pump does indeed have the module attached and is all one unit. I'm pretty certain that all the ABS pumps were the same unit across VW and Seat as the one I have in my car now came out of a Seat Leon which was a straight swap and coding change to match the old one.

I know what you mean about it being a pain to get a scan done, I got myself a cable after a while as I wanted to tinker with things but always had to get Ed to do it for me  :grin: The ebay ones do work and should give you the fault codes which you can then either post here or look at the Ross-Tech site.

Adam

Offline JD2032

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 03:48:39 pm »
Cheers Adam

I'm pinching a friends obd2 wifi scanner that links to an iPhone app...should at least give me the codes! Then as you say can investigate further.

When you say you have to code the abs, does this require vcds? I plan to buy the parts that I need then get my local independent garage to fit them! I would imagine that they know what needs to be done I guess?
But if there is anything specific I'm sure they could follow some instructions from an expert :)

Offline boardyuk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 04:00:57 pm »
Cheers Adam

I'm pinching a friends obd2 wifi scanner that links to an iPhone app...should at least give me the codes! Then as you say can investigate further.

When you say you have to code the abs, does this require vcds? I plan to buy the parts that I need then get my local independent garage to fit them! I would imagine that they know what needs to be done I guess?
But if there is anything specific I'm sure they could follow some instructions from an expert :)

You should be able to get the codes off the app easily enough :happy2:

It does require VCDS or some way of coding yea but I would think that they will know what they are doing as they will be swapping things in and out anyway. It may not need coding at all, Ed may have just done it on mine due to what we were doing to the car with the mk6 cluster.

Offline JD2032

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 07:54:09 pm »
Manage to get the app working, cleared and checked codes!

Got a few showing :(

01276 - ABS Hydraulic Pump (V64)
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01276

01134 - Alarm Horn (H12)
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01134

01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01044

01304 -Radio: No Signal/Communication
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01304

01305 - Cant find any info on this!

I'm no expert but a lot of looks like it's code produced by having a duff ABS pump / unit?

Guessing the Radio codes are there because I have an aftermarket head unit fitted?

Gonna be cheeky and slap up a post in the general forum regarding all the codes to see if I get an answer :)

Looks like I may certainly need that ABS Pump!

Offline Randalllser

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • hello
    • Email
ABS Pump / Module
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 10:58:55 am »
Anyone deleted their ABS pump? I saw someone on here makes a kit for it to connect the lines after you take the pump out, but i cant get in contact with him. So if someone has done could you give me a parts list? Its only two lines..