Make a donation

Author Topic: Stage 2+ to Stage 2 - settings?  (Read 5095 times)

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Stage 2+ to Stage 2 - settings?
« on: April 13, 2015, 05:11:16 pm »
Hi guys,

I am stepping back from Stage 2+ on 29/04 to Stage 2.

I will be running Loba HPFP and full tbe but no uprated intercooler or cai.

So i was thinking maybe Boost 7 or maybe 8, Timing back down to 5 as no intercooler upgrade and Fuel to say 8 as will want to run it quite lean to make reasonable numbers but as I have the Loba I wont need to run F9 as requested rail pressures should hopefully keep up?

I know you need to log the car to fine tune it but was hoping someone else may just be running the exhaust and pump on Revo stage 2?

Any thoughts appreciated    :happy2:
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
Re: Stage 2+ to Stage 2 - settings?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 05:30:49 pm »
I am running stage 2+ (ko3) with reduced boost as no cooler (yet) but with cai bcs tbe and autotech pump internals. He did have the boost sat at 7 on the dyno, ran it a few times and then took it out onto the road for logging. Everything ran fine, so he has set boost to 8 just now while it's not terribly warm weather, but if I haven't sourced a cooler by summer, we will be pulling the boost back to 7. Unsure as to timing and fuel settings, sorry

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 07:40:58 pm »
Why would you downgrade the map when you have the required HPFP and decat? Makes no sense at all to me
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 08:06:53 pm »
as above, revo's hardware requirements for stage 2+ are tbe with sports cat or decat, hpfp upgrade and cai. they recommend an intercooler, but it is not a necessity, they can adjust to suit with or without it

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 08:49:37 pm »
Why would you downgrade the map when you have the required HPFP and decat? Makes no sense at all to me

Im slowly stripping back the car to standard but did not want to take the Loba off cause not had it that long and also see KRL's thread of running a HPFP on Stage 1. Then, I thought not sure if can do without the sound of the tbe so may as well go stage 2 for a bit as never been at that stage and interested to see what its like. I think I will now peg it back to Stage 1 with just the Loba until it is timje to properly strip all mods.

Offline JMP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 07:47:18 pm »
I have 3" sports cat with stock catback, s3 ic, oettinger turbo-outlet and stock intake with only carbonio style scoop, no pump so stage 2 sw. Im running 6-4-9 and it feels great. Zero timing pull, i could easily push it up to 5 or 6 but I have been happy with this. It seems after ditching ITG intake Im able to run more timing.

Boost is at 6, 6-7 seems to be enough to get maximum performance out of the car (tested with a lot of 80-120kph pulls). Running higher boost does generate more kick but the high rpm pull is unaffected. My turbo cannot reach requested boost in high rpm so no point in adding more boost.

I have never tested anything other than fuelling 9.

Offline A3_Atif

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 09:48:09 am »
I seem to be running somewhat the opposite to you - have a Forge Twintake and twintercooler and TBE. Bought her supposedly running stage 2+ (274bhp) but been suffering from fuel cuts so getting a upgraded hpfp or internals are high on the list!

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 08:52:54 pm »
Stage 2+ with stock HPFP?? No wonder your getting fuel cuts  :ashamed:

APR or LOBA HPFP FTW  :happy2:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline A3_Atif

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 09:41:55 am »
Haha yeah, not sure who mapped it so high on the stock hpfp!

I was going to go for the autotech internals...? I was of the thought that any failures were in earlier revisions and they pump is fine upto 300bhp? I won't be doing a K04 so that'd be perfect for me.

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 10:29:56 am »
Have you logged the fuel pressure to verify the cause of the fuel cuts? I struggle to believe anyone would load a 2+ file requesting fuel that the OE pump can not provide.

TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline A3_Atif

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 11:15:02 am »
Hi Dan,

Not yet - I will be logging the fuel pressure tonight. Do you know what blocks I need to be logging?

Other thoughts since I posted this was a major boost leak somewhere, having just purchased the car I'm unsure as to what Rev DV it's currently got (or it's state), if the PCV is causing a leak or otherwise if the Forge twintercooler has some sort of loose connection. A point to note is that is a weird knocking/rubbing noise at slow speeds, almost like something isn't quite fitted properly. If the cars stationary (ignition off) and I rock it, I can hear it.

Plans for tonight would be to log boost and fuel pressure - so for boost I'll be looking at specified boost and actual boost and then comparing the difference. If these match then I'll log fuel pressure.

Can you advise as to what blocks and what I'm looking for when logging the fuel pressure?

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 11:21:41 am »
230 is rail pressure, i think its 103 (or thereabouts) for the low pressure side. Make sure you log both specified and actual, along with the Duty Cycle of the Low Pressure Pump
Are you sure your fuel cut is not a misfire?

Better still, have a look at this for detailed info on what to log. Relevant to all TFSI regardless of map/spec
http://www.goapr.co.uk/support/datalogging.php
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 11:23:23 am by Dan_FR »

Offline A3_Atif

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 11:27:15 am »
Thanks for the APR link, will log boost, fuel pressure and timing and will post back here for opinions!

I don't think it's a misfire, doesn't feel like one anyway. What would the symptoms of a misfire be?

In any case the EML light is on, I'm sure an initial scan will immediately point me into the direction of the issue..

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 09:40:03 pm »
decided to stick with the stg 2+ map and leave the loba and tbe on the car until go back completely to standard, so dropped the boost from 9 to 7 timing from 6 to 4 and fuelling still on 7