Make a donation

Author Topic: Candy White Mk5 5dr DSG - NOW SOLD  (Read 37750 times)

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
Candy White Mk5 5dr DSG - NOW SOLD
« on: April 16, 2015, 07:11:57 pm »
hi all

just joined up yesterday and thought id better get some pics uploaded.

been driving diesels for that past 6 years and always wanted a mk5 gti and finally got my hands on one and what a car it is  :happy2:

purchased a candy white mk5 5 door DSG with the following add ons (not sure what from this is standard!!):

xenon headlights
electric sunroof
heated folding mirrors
18" monzas
cloth interior
cruise control
auto headlights
auto dimming rear view mirror
multi functional steering wheel
electric drivers seat
Rear parking sensors

picked up the car from cumbria and was used by a gent for the motorway. although he was based local to me he often spent time in cumbria and as you can tell by the pics when i got the car - it was obvious it didnt get alot of attention cleaning wise!

the worst part!

as you can imagine first thing i did was to get those wheels up to scratch once i got the car back home. the centre caps were missing too so sourced some off ebay which did the trick

heres what the car looked like once i got the wheels done:

a closer look at the wheels (plus some tyre painting i did) calipers were also looking shocking but the wheels were my priority!!

didnt manage to get too much done once the wheels got sorted as been busy away but heres some more pics ive taken during washes:

having a bit of fun on photoshop:

and finally one of me and the mrs (just the cars!!) ahhhhhhh!

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 11:38:24 am by shoaybmakda »

Offline prp74

• Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
Re: Candy White Mk5 5dr DSG
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 07:20:27 pm »
Welcome. Very nice spec  :happy2:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline teo_parvu

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 57
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96115.msg955433.html#new
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 08:46:04 am »
Nice job on those wheels!  :happy2:
Do u plan some mods or you'll leave the car stock? What are the plans for the future?

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 11:08:48 am »
Nice job on those wheels!  :happy2:
Do u plan some mods or you'll leave the car stock? What are the plans for the future?

Thanks! Went for the black inserts as I think they look much better than the grey.

Have some plans now I've got some time. minor changes at the moment but I'm being patient with the upgrades as I love this car too much to do half jobs!!

Getting the calipers sorted this weekend and fitted some LED number plate bulbs last night. Ordered a seat lift wrench insert last night.

Ideally I want to get the car colour coded the black bits for me just don't cut it. Been trying to get my local bodywork shop to paint the bits but he's quoted me £450 as it takes a lot of work to flatten the parts down. So might have to go down the route of ED30 rear bumper and skirts and front lip

Missed some R32 rear lights last week still kicking myself over those!!

Offline samx300

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 11
  • No pain no gain.
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92146.0.html
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 03:02:13 pm »
Nice car mate! :happy2: Seems identical spec to mine. I have a 07 plate too (Reflex Silver) with an AXX Engine :smiley:

Offline J400uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 27
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,98768.0.html
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 11:16:20 am »
Looks smart, Candy White MK5 GTIs are quite rare. Sounds like it might have originally been imported from UAE hence the slightly different spec and AXX engine since it would be 2005 build.
2015 Audi TT Sport Scuba Blue 2.0 TFSI 230 PS

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 01:02:10 pm »
Looks smart, Candy White MK5 GTIs are quite rare. Sounds like it might have originally been imported from UAE hence the slightly different spec and AXX engine since it would be 2005 build.

Yep - when I picked the car up my insurance company couldn't get any info off the reg number. Even had difficulty getting a HPi check done and found that the car was from Dubai and was imported into the UK.

Are there many of these imports around? I'm assuming they don't make much of a difference in terms of performance etc?

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 01:05:44 pm »
Nice car mate! :happy2: Seems identical spec to mine. I have a 07 plate too (Reflex Silver) with an AXX Engine :smiley:

Cheers mate! Any mods done to yours or you just kept it as it is?

Offline J400uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 27
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,98768.0.html
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 02:56:45 pm »
Are there many of these imports around? I'm assuming they don't make much of a difference in terms of performance etc?

Don't have an exact number but back in 2007 quite a lot of them got brought over by the likes of Motorpoint etc. At the time some people had concerns over the fact they'd been sitting un-used for a couple of years, but now they are getting older shouldn't really make any difference! Only thing to watch for on insurance is if I remember right these imports didn't have alarms fitted unlike a UK GTI.
2015 Audi TT Sport Scuba Blue 2.0 TFSI 230 PS

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 09:23:25 pm »

Don't have an exact number but back in 2007 quite a lot of them got brought over by the likes of Motorpoint etc. At the time some people had concerns over the fact they'd been sitting un-used for a couple of years, but now they are getting older shouldn't really make any difference! Only thing to watch for on insurance is if I remember right these imports didn't have alarms fitted unlike a UK GTI.

ah i see - lucky for me the previous owner it seems had one fittted so im okay on that front! yes motorpoint brought mine over too as you can tell by the number plate. having all the extras fitted to it made me go for it along with it being white. now just to get the annoying black bumper/skirts painted!

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 08:53:27 pm »
so a small update to report:

managed to get round to doing a couple of bits to the golf. my mirror switch was beginning to bug me. it had started to get 'bubbled' up and the paint was ready to flake off on it. thought it would be difficult to find a replacement due to having folding heated mirrors but thankfully managed to get one from @homesqueeze . arrived a couple of days ago and took best part of 5 mins to fit - perfect!

heres the old switch:

heres the new one fitted:

finally also got my calipers sanded down and painted. but the bad news is whilst rushing home on sunday to watch the man utd match vs everton, i caught my drivers side wheel on a kerb whilst rushing to park and as you can imaging i wasnt pleased! (didn't help either that united ended up loosing 3-0!)

picture of caliper and newly cut monzas below:

Being depressed about this all weekend today i thought id do something about it (bit late i know!) so i went and picked up some R32/Edition 30 rear lights from @Wash . got them home and fitted them straight away. the lighting wasn't the best as i was doing it just as the sun was setting. results are below:

nearside body light fitted:

close up of the difference in colour:

nearside body and boot light fitted:

end result just as it was beginning to get dark:

pretty chuffed with the lights and i feel look great and really set the car off.

not satisfied with my little splurge on the car, i have now just purchased a OEM ED30 rear valance, gti passenger seat handle emblem and a mk6 rear boot badge to get rid of the white worm infected one i currently have. will post more pics once all these bits arrive and are fitted. can't wait!!  :laugh:

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:55:22 pm by shoaybmakda »

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 11:46:50 am »
right bit of an update to go through (with a couple of ups and downs included!)

start with the negative and get it out the way. couple of weeks ago, some idiot decided for no apparent reason just to break my passenger side mirror and smash the indicator lens in the process. i didn't catch the idiot (if only i could! :fighting:) but i was out at the time and the car was parked at home. ruined my night out when i got a call off my sister to say my mirror was broken. the passenger side was facing the pavement so can only imagine it was some kids or someone who had one too many drinks and decided to take it out on my wing mirror.

From what i imagined it wasn't as bad as the casing was broken and the indicator lens but the actual mirror itself was ok and the puddle lights and folding functions still worked. (in my panic on my way home i even found another set of candy white heated mirrors with the folding option with puddle lights for £120 on eBay - the things we do!). anyway see pics below of the damage.

rang the local police and was told usual nothing can do as no CCTV or witnesses but thought i would let them know anyway. found an indicator lens on eBay and had it delivered a couple of days later. as for the crack in the casing i glued it back and touched in the crack with some touch up paint from VW.

old lens:

new lens fitted:

while this was going on i picked up these from VW as they needed doing. i didn't get a shot of my DV when i took it off but it was quite worn with one tear.  The PCV also removed my idling issue that was ongoing:

as some of you may have noticed in my previous post my rear badge was quite worn. although i love the soft close of the MK5 rear badge the white worm really annoyed me. so i decided to upgrade the old badge to the MK6 badge and i think it looks quite nice (even though it comes close to trapping your finger!)

old badge:

new badge:

along with this i managed to get a free polo ariel and replaced the mk5 ariel (even though my mrs says it looks like a tellytubby...what does she know!) - excuse the polish marks on the ariel base!

also sourced a gti insert from china for a nice price of £5. can only use the passenger side one however as my drivers side has an electric seat! (drivers side is available if anyone wants one!)

at the same time i ordered some LED rear number plate lights. they have a slight blue hint to them but i don't think they look too bad. when i get some more cash together i will probably by the entire replacement unit:

now as a 30th birthday present to myself (if anyone wants to send belated birthday contributions your more than welcome - paypal accepted! :happy2:) i decided to take the plunge and buy myself a ED30 rear bumper and front splitter and get it all colour coded up. i managed to find a OEM ED30 from eBay for a decent price of £130 delivered. it came in red and the seller had used some fibreglass to repair some of the cracks that were in the bumper. with others going for around the £200 mark that i could find i decided to go for this:

the ED30 front splitter was more difficult to find and after going through a few avenues and checking the breakers, i went for a non OEM one off eBay. it came from poland was packaged fine.

Dropped the car off to the bodyshop on monday and collected the car yesterday PM. I'm not sure if the guy at the bodyshop was having a bad week or what but he completely refused to fit the front splitter because the clips wouldn't sit right in the grooves of the old gti splitter and advised me to return it. so i told him to leave it in the car and would return it when i picked the car up (to be honest i was surprised he was open on bank holiday monday and was happy to take the car in in the first place). to my surprise when i picked up the car yesterday he had fitted the front splitter on and it looked great in my opinion (i think he then realised that he just needed to unscrew a few screws and unclip the old splitter to fit the new on one - but the moody git didn't eat humble pie!). in total he charged £450 to paint the rear bumper and rear valance, smooth and paint the side skirts and paint the front splitter (not sure if thats over the odds but he does a good job to be fair). anyway i have taken a couple of quick snaps with my iPhone of the end result below. will update more pics once the weather opens up (looks like its raining all day today in leicester  :sad1: )

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:54:47 am by shoaybmakda »

Offline samiul11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: Candy White Mk5 5dr DSG - updated with new pics!
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 01:57:19 pm »
Hows the fit on the splitter? Could i get the link?

And im from leicester too  :signLOL:

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 02:06:46 pm »

Fits pretty well but I've not had a chance to look properly just yet.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/171578195007?txnId=1391910574007

There's the link feel free to come and take a look. Just drop me a PM  :happy2:

Offline samiul11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 02:20:48 pm »

Fits pretty well but I've not had a chance to look properly just yet.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/171578195007?txnId=1391910574007

There's the link feel free to come and take a look. Just drop me a PM  :happy2:

Will do bro  :happy2:

Where abouts in Leicester are you from? And which body shop did you use...I used one to repair my front bumper and he did a terrible job lol