Make a donation

Author Topic: Candy White Mk5 5dr DSG - NOW SOLD  (Read 37943 times)

Offline c11ris

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Candy White Mk5 5dr DSG - updated with new pics!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 04:48:00 pm »
Front splitter looks good. I have the same one saved on my watch list  :happy2:

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 04:57:35 pm »
Front splitter looks good. I have the same one saved on my watch list  :happy2:

Thanks mate just given it a bit of a inspection and have to say it does fit pretty well. I offered the seller £70 and they accepted my offer so you could try less and see if you can get it any cheaper  :happy2:

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 05:20:47 pm »
Hows the fit on the splitter? Could i get the link?

And im from leicester too  :signLOL:

Fits pretty well but I've not had a chance to look properly just yet.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/171578195007?txnId=1391910574007

There's the link feel free to come and take a look. Just drop me a PM  :happy2:

Will do bro  :happy2:

Where abouts in Leicester are you from? And which body shop did you use...I used one to repair my front bumper and he did a terrible job lol

I'm just near Victoria park. I used one off evington valley road and he did a good job. Which one did you visit? It's hard to find good bodyshops a lot of them can't colour match that well

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 07:23:14 pm »
Great updates! It looks much better now! :happy2:

Sorry to know about the broken side mirror, though. Some people would need to jailed for a while since they're just beasts. :fighting:

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2015, 09:02:30 pm »
Great updates! It looks much better now! :happy2:

Sorry to know about the broken side mirror, though. Some people would need to jailed for a while since they're just beasts. :fighting:

Thanks for the kind words much appreciated!

Yeah it was really annoying but you can't stop idiots I guess?

Loving your mk5 @Shoduchi I almost went for the same look as yours after I saw the black splitter painted but decided to stay colour coded

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2015, 11:19:10 pm »
Thanks for the kind words much appreciated!

Yeah it was really annoying but you can't stop idiots I guess?

Loving your mk5 @Shoduchi I almost went for the same look as yours after I saw the black splitter painted but decided to stay colour coded
Thank you for your kind words as well! You can always wrap or paint with Plasti Dip later if you get tired of the OEM look. :wink:

I like the OEM look, but I prefer to have a bit more contrast (I painted my GT Sport like that but I already bought the Eddie like it is). :smiley:

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2015, 11:45:21 pm »
That's what I thought I've got the white as the base paint and I can always plasti dip it black if I fancy a chance and it wouldn't cost a lot to get it done  :smiley:

Offline samiul11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 12:11:32 am »
I used chawda motors on osmaston road...terrible job  :signLOL:

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 01:41:04 am »
Lol bit hit and miss. How bad was your bumper?

Offline z00bz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
  • OEM+ Black MK5 GTi
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 09:27:23 am »
Nice progress mate.....Also from sunny Leicester  :party:

Hope to see you around  :driver:

OEM+ Black MK5 GTi

Offline Jakesangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 10:10:49 am »
Just wanted to say I think your car looks fantastic now you've colour coded the bumpers. We also have a candy white five door and i've been thinking about doing this to ours for months but the local body shop told me the paint wont take to the plastic very well so it put me off. We also had the wheels diamond cut refurbed last week with black inserts and it looks the nuts although i've spent the whole weekend parking about a foot away from any curbs as it would brak my heart if I damaged them so soon after getting them repaired. Excellent work with your car though mate  Are you thinking about lowering it at all or are you gonna keep it standard ? :happy2:   

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 10:44:18 am »
Just wanted to say I think your car looks fantastic now you've colour coded the bumpers. We also have a candy white five door and i've been thinking about doing this to ours for months but the local body shop told me the paint wont take to the plastic very well so it put me off. We also had the wheels diamond cut refurbed last week with black inserts and it looks the nuts although i've spent the whole weekend parking about a foot away from any curbs as it would brak my heart if I damaged them so soon after getting them repaired. Excellent work with your car though mate  Are you thinking about lowering it at all or are you gonna keep it standard ? :happy2:
Crude plastic has to be sanded and painted with a primer paint. Only after that it can be painted with a normal paint. It will last just like the rest of the painted body parts. :smiley:

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 01:28:55 pm »

Thanks for the kind words much appreciated! Parking a foot away was what I used to do until in my rush I kerbed my drives side front wheel  :sick:

That's what my body shop originally told me but he did say it would need a lot of work sanding it down and painting it. I managed to get the rear bumper and front splitter at a reasonable price so was lucky but was hunting for ages!

I gave it a wash yesterday with the jet wash and no paint came off which was a good sign of course! Also have now just driven from Leicester to Eastbourne and everything still looks intact.it makes such a difference I would recommend it no end!:smiley:

I would like to lower it and start doing some performance work on it next. But after spending a fair bit on the paint etc I'm going to be saving up some money first! A remap is what i would really like to do after lowering it. I have a smoothed grill on its way so something to do this weekend and changing the cam follower
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 02:31:25 pm by shoaybmakda »

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015, 01:29:59 pm »
Nice progress mate.....Also from sunny Leicester  :party:

Hope to see you around  :driver:

Lol nice one mate. Although I'm not too sure about it being sunny!

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2015, 05:37:03 pm »
@z00bz or @samiul11 where about are you guys based in leicester? seen a couple of GTi's around but no idea if any of the guys are on this forum