Make a donation

Author Topic: Air escaping PCV breather pipe  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Stamanatic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Air escaping PCV breather pipe
« on: April 23, 2015, 03:28:27 pm »
Hello, thought my PCV was playing up felt wrong recently, so went to blow through the breather pipe from the inlet manifold and felt a lot of pressure but heard air escaping, so took the pipe off and sealed it and blew through and theres air coming out, tho a small amount but enough that I could keep blowing.

Then went to blow through the PCV and couldn't get any air through almost full resistance, would a hairline fracture in the pipe cause similar symptoms to a failed valve in the PCV?

Also here is a video of me removing the dip stick while the car is running, not sure it's that rough once removed but does hiss.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/svo7f0dhrias879/20150417_222531.mp4?dl=0

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Air escaping PCV breather pipe
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 07:13:14 pm »
hi

did you get any resolution on this? i think im getting something similar. with a bit of a rough idle too

Offline Stamanatic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Air escaping PCV breather pipe
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 08:17:48 pm »
I put water into the pipe and sealed one end and blew threw to see where the leaks were, they were a good few hairline fractures together but they were tiny, just wrapped it in electrical tape for now.

I double checked the PCV by blow through it, was going red trying get air through it, all I've left to check is the rear pipe, seems a bit awkward to get at.