Make a donation

Author Topic: Adam0604 Bagged Graphite Blue MK5 GTi  (Read 26612 times)

Offline dom069

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 17
Re: Adam0604 Graphite Blue MK5 GTI
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2016, 09:59:18 pm »
Have you not got the wheels on the wrong sides of the car? The 0.06's are fully directional so each wheel is different. I ran a set on my Mk4 for a bit, can you see the difference?

BC Racing Coilovers : R32 Rear Bumper : Milltek Cat Back : R32 Rear Lights : S3 Brakes : Colour Coded Side Skirts : US Grill : 18" BBS CH : De-Wipered : Bluefin Remap : Pipercross Filter : S3 Short Shifter : Powerflex Wishbone Bushes : MK6 Steering Wheel : RCD510

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 34
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97534.0.html
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2016, 10:56:51 pm »
Yeah I can see the difference. Yours are facing backwards, mine are facing forwards.

Are they meant to face backwards? I didn't think it mattered so long as both tyres on the one side are facing same way.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 10:59:08 pm by Adam0604 »

Offline dom069

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2016, 12:39:29 pm »
Just personal preference I guess, I always thought they looked a bit odd facing forwards.

On another note, how do you find the ram air intake?

BC Racing Coilovers : R32 Rear Bumper : Milltek Cat Back : R32 Rear Lights : S3 Brakes : Colour Coded Side Skirts : US Grill : 18" BBS CH : De-Wipered : Bluefin Remap : Pipercross Filter : S3 Short Shifter : Powerflex Wishbone Bushes : MK6 Steering Wheel : RCD510

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2016, 01:10:03 pm »
Just personal preference I guess, I always thought they looked a bit odd facing forwards.

On another note, how do you find the ram air intake?

You've made me paranoid now lol. Might switch them over so they face backwards.

I love it, it's loud which is what seems to put a few people off. Makes some really nice sounds as well.
Also feel like it's built well, the two heatshields that come with it aren't flimsy and do the job well. The one at back of engine bay is a bit of a pig to fit though, due to the lack of space to first get it in place.

Believe it is a bit cheaper than the Revo and EVOMS intakes as well, so getting good value for money.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 01:11:39 pm by Adam0604 »

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2016, 10:16:34 pm »
Sooo finally decided to do my next big mod  :jumping: I decided to get in touch with Nige and ordered myself the Sports Catback Exhaust.

I had toyed with the idea of getting the WRC system, but I didn't want it sounding overly loud, I know for a fact it would have caused tension with the parents as well when I fire the car up in a morning when I leave for work. Settled with the sports catback after a lengthy discussion with Nige and looking at feedback from your good selves on the forum who already have this on the car.

Today I helped fit it at the garage I use a lot locally, also into modifying cars etc. so had sound knowledge of what needed to be done. All fitted in about an hour, fairly simple to fit, just needed to use a bit of grease on the pipes to help them slide on easier. This was fitting to the OEM DP as well, so just required cutting off at the right part on DP to allow fitment. Only thing that is bugging me, it looks like it's sitting too low at the back, which you will see in one of the photos. I'm not sure if it's meant to be like that or not, as couldn't see a way of getting it any higher. I guess the old box would have sat just as low?

The build quality is top notch, can't fault it I have to say. The welding is clean as well. Lovely touch with the stabiliser pole as well, even the garage complimented it being an innovative design that works very well.

The noise is just what I wanted as well, you will hear it a bit ticking over in the video below, I will do a video over the weekend just on the drive when I'm on the gas. I would do one whilst driving but I don't have a GoPro etc. to record with. Some photos below as well:

Out with the rotten old exhaust:

Shot of the Whiteline RARB that I forgot to take a photo of at the time of fitting:

Few shots of fitting and final fitment:

This one shows the additional pipe to connect 3" pipe to old 2" pipe. See where it connects to the old pipe far left of photo.

Offline Rippers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 20
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,105772.0.html
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2016, 11:12:40 pm »
You went with the new tips

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2016, 11:36:03 pm »
Yeah I went with the Lightning tips. Look the part and love the slit back look.

Offline Rippers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 20
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,105772.0.html
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2016, 08:34:07 am »
Hopefully going for the turbo backed set myself as part of my quest to hit the 300bhp mark.

Quick question for you, when the cars on the ground, is any of the supporting bar visible that holds the tail pipe in place??

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2016, 09:09:05 am »
I think you need to rotate the rear section a little to straighten up the tips so they are perfect with the bumper as it looks to be sitting a tad angled.

Sorry, I'm a bit ocd like that!

Offline GTI8v

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2016, 09:40:55 am »
I think you need to rotate the rear section a little to straighten up the tips so they are perfect with the bumper as it looks to be sitting a tad angled.

Also know as a 'wonky donkey' in our house! Usually followed by lots of pointing and laughing  :signLOL:
To be fair, this ones' nnot that bad

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2016, 09:43:33 am »

Also know as a 'wonky donkey' in our house! Usually followed by lots of pointing and laughing  :signLOL:
To be fair, this ones' nnot that bad
Nah it's not, I've seen worse, thing is, it just makes it look like a cheap system that doesn't sit right!

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2016, 10:02:29 am »
I know what you mean because it's really bugging me as well! It's the last section I can't find out how to make it sit higher though.

I'm hoping someone with this fitted or @Powervalve Nige can advise ....

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2016, 03:06:44 pm »
I know what you mean because it's really bugging me as well! It's the last section I can't find out how to make it sit higher though.

I'm hoping someone with this fitted or @Powervalve Nige can advise ....
I found out that just loosening the rear clamp wasn't enough, so I ended up loosening all the clamps and basically adjusting the whole system to sit better including the bolts holding the hanger bar at the exhaust, rotate until all is well and tighten everything up making sure nothing hits anywhere.

Easier with a second person holding it, but can be done with one person

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2016, 03:21:37 pm »
Hmm might pop back to th garage tomorrow then and do just that. Guessing only like a 15 min job?

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2016, 05:09:02 pm »
Yeah, not long