Make a donation

Author Topic: Adam0604 Bagged Graphite Blue MK5 GTi  (Read 26862 times)

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Adam0604 Graphite Blue MK5 GTI
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2016, 11:49:30 pm »
Do you still have your downpipe by any chance or did you get rid of it?

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 34
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97534.0.html
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2016, 01:25:28 am »
I just had to cut part of it to connect the new 3" pipe to it

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2016, 04:55:14 pm »
So yesterday my car was booked in for a full days detailing session. Early prep work for Players Classic show I'm going to on June 11th @Goodwood, as will be in show and shine for the first time at an event. Long term friend of mine called Shine and Revive has done the detail for me, who has a long list of clients on a range of top quality cars. If you would like to see some of his other work, instagram username is shineandrevive. Based in West Midlands and is mobile.

The procedure was:

- Snow foamed, rinsed, washed, rinsed, clayed, washed, rinsed.
- Machine polished using G3 compound, followed by Bilt Hammer Cleanser Enhancing Polish
- Paint sealant applied next then finished off with Autoglym HD Wax
- All glass polished with Rainex applied to front and rear screens
- Wheels sealed with Very Berry by Autobrite
- Metal Polish on the new exhaust with Britemax
- Plastic trim exterior done with Perl, also used on tyres
- Interior done with Autoglym products

Here's the photos taken:

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2016, 07:32:49 pm »
Long time since I updated this thread ... not really any pics to upload, so will try to recall whats happened since my last update!

- Forge short shift kit (side to side and front to back) fitted. What a difference it makes to the shifting! Also had the 42 draft designs and aks bushes but couldn't seem to fit the 42 draft design bushes in! So not used them and just left the aks ones out as well because it said you had to snap the old ones or something which I thought seemed dodgy af.
- New rear wheel bearings replaced as they were f*cked. Not sure if thats just a result of them being original parts since car was manufactured (now 9 years old) or if its because of the amount of camber I run.
- Superpro ALK purchased and ready to go on the car in January.
- The RAMAIR heatshield at the back of my engine bay severed one of the coolant pipes so had to replace the hose and cut a small curve out of the heatshield to stop it happening again. Real surprised that happened as its all fitted correctly. Not sure if anyone else has experienced a similar situation?
- Took the car to a rolling road. Producing 210.5bhp from the engine, 165bhp at the wheels. 209ft-lb of Torque.
Here is an image from my insta of the printout https://www.instagram.com/p/BMFCM91D4PD/
Pretty pleased with that, be interesting to see power gains when the BCS downpipe goes on in January.

Bigggg plans for start of 2017, all to be revealed before Ultimate Dubs in March!
Stay tuned guys
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 07:46:47 pm by Adam0604 »

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2017, 09:03:29 pm »
Got these three parts to fit end of this month!! Whiteline ALK, GFB DV+ and the main one I've used my Christmas bonus on ... BCS Downpipe to connect up with my Sports Catback Exhaust!

Offline StephenMcC

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2017, 09:16:09 pm »
Some nice upgrades!

Offline ryan-g-91

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110534.0.html
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2017, 07:21:14 pm »
Looking good!  :happy2:

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: Adam0604 Graphite Blue MK5 GTI - BCS DP and GFB DV+ fitted!
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2017, 10:19:58 pm »
Okay not sure what happened with my last comment but here we go again:

So finally got round to getting my BCS 3" Downpipe fitted this week, as well as getting the GFB DV+ fitted at the same time.
Really, really happy with the outcome!

First of all, the build quality on the Downpipe is very good, as is the whole exhaust system built by BCS to be honest.
The Downpipe has given it that extra noise I was looking for on boost, whilst giving it an added deep burble on idle / low revs.
I know everyone has their own preferences, but I like to be loud and this fits the bill for me.

The added power is also quite noticeable, be interested to see exactly how much power has been gained when I next take it on the rolling road.
Hard to get the full power down at the moment in these typical British conditions we are having as of late, especially when my tyres all round are borderline legal tread! Going to get some Avon ZV7's to stick on the Monza's and make the switch back over to my Show wheels in March in time for Ultimate Dubs.

Onto the GFB DV+ .... solid bit of kit! It's hard for me to know exactly how much of a difference it's making, due to fitting it at the same time as the Downpipe which is giving me more power, but I do feel like the throttle response is better. I'd definitely recommend to anyone thinking of getting this.

Few photos of the Downpipe fitted:

My mechanic didn't get time to fit the ALK, so going to postpone fitting that for the time being until I have something else to go on the car.
May hold off now until I decide to upgrade the wishbones to the S3 ones, or just until around Spring time.

Not sure what's going to be next on the car. Probably front brake upgrade, but not sure what route to go down atm with that as I'm going to be fairly tight with funds this year with two big holidays to pay for.

Also want to get the windows tinted in a shade lighter than 100% darkness, so it has a nice smoked effect. So maybe that will be next to be done.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2017, 10:32:35 pm »
Nice progress. As for the downpipe, when I got my full BCS fitted it gained me 20lb/ft and 15bhp on the existing Stage 1 map. Tweaked to Stage 2, the overall gains were 45lb/ft and 25bhp over Stage 1 with the standard exhaust.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 10:38:52 pm by AJP »

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2017, 12:22:59 am »
Nice progress. As for the downpipe, when I got my full BCS fitted it gained me 20lb/ft and 15bhp on the existing Stage 1 map. Tweaked to Stage 2, the overall gains were 45lb/ft and 25bhp over Stage 1 with the standard exhaust.

Interesting, Nige reckoned it would gain about 25bhp without a map on it.
I am planning to go Stage 1 this year, probably with R-Tech, as I wanted to make sure I had the full system on first.

Guess we'll soon find out what gains are to be had pre-map! Regardless of gains, I'm well happy with the overall build, performance and noise it's now producing  :smiley:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2017, 08:18:08 am »

I am planning to go Stage 1 this year, probably with R-Tech, as I wanted to make sure I had the full system on first.

Guess we'll soon find out what gains are to be had pre-map! Regardless of gains, I'm well happy with the overall build, performance and noise it's now producing  :smiley:
Most healthy k03 cars RR at a shade over 200bhp at R-Tech, so you'll be able to work out approximate pre-map gains from there. I'd say 25bhp without touching the ECU is a little optimistic, but I can't knock Nige for having faith in his products! It's a brilliant exhaust.

I'm on R-Tech too by the way. Highly recommended. You won't want a Stage 1 map with that exhaust though. Stage 1 is for standard cats/downpipes. You'll need Stage 2. In fact, I'd strongly recommend getting an uprated pump in first and going for 2+.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 08:22:19 am by AJP »

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2017, 01:28:51 pm »

Most healthy k03 cars RR at a shade over 200bhp at R-Tech, so you'll be able to work out approximate pre-map gains from there. I'd say 25bhp without touching the ECU is a little optimistic, but I can't knock Nige for having faith in his products! It's a brilliant exhaust.

I'm on R-Tech too by the way. Highly recommended. You won't want a Stage 1 map with that exhaust though. Stage 1 is for standard cats/downpipes. You'll need Stage 2. In fact, I'd strongly recommend getting an uprated pump in first and going for 2+.

Is that all thats required for Stage 2? The upgraded fuel pump and full exhaust system?

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2017, 02:27:13 pm »
Stage 2 is for cars with a bigger downpipe and decat/sports cat - minimum.

The '+' of 1+ or 2+ denotes an uprated fuel pump.

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2017, 09:20:42 pm »
Couple in the rain from Ultimate DUBS last weekend:

Windows have now been tinted as well all round.
20% on the rears, 70% fronts which is basically a shade darker than standard factory tint now.
Gives it a nice smoked effect.

Bigggggg mod coming next on the car, which should hopefully be sorted next month. Watch this space XD

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: Adam0604 Bagged Graphite Blue MK5 GTi
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2017, 01:18:36 pm »
Soooo here's the big update ... I decided to bite the bullet and bagged the car on latest Airlift 3P Management System on Airlift Performance struts all round.
I wanted to keep the use of the boot so opted against a fancy boot build, and as you will see below, have gone with a fully submerged build instead.
All work has been done by Riiva Design in Market Harborough.
Also instead of going for the "tucked" look, which everyone seems to do now on Air, I've gone with the "lip to arch" look when it's aired out. Might change to a tucked look instead, as it would mean I can air out more and drive a bit lower on the fronts in particular.

Here are some (well .. a lot) of photos to show what it now looks like: