Make a donation

Author Topic: My MK6 Stage 2 Project  (Read 5674 times)

Offline Quiggers92

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
My MK6 Stage 2 Project
« on: August 13, 2016, 01:44:31 pm »
Thought I'd start a project as I need a bit of help and this is probably the best place to come.

I've had an account for a while now but never really used it. I got my Mk6 golf gti back in March 2015 after looking/wanting one for a while !

Heres how it looked when I picked her up

Didn't really do much to it for the first few months. Then I decided to get a stage 1 map which made a very nice difference, along with a full turbo back exhaust, which is a little too loud sometimes but was a bargain. Then I chucked some AP coilovers on her and some bentleys (which are no longer on the car)

I know its not to everyones taste but you can't please everyone

I have recently put some R8 coilpacks and uprated spark plugs in, and last week had the front end resprayed due to aload of stone chips. Apart from that I haven't done a lot for a while as I was considering selling up.

This is how she currently sits

I have changed my mind about selling and now thinking about going stage 2

So my plans are:
Stage 2 clutch and flywheel
Intake
Frount Mount
Stage 2 map
Different alloys?

So any help and advice on the best clutch and flywheel, intake, front mount and map to get would be great. Along with some ideas on wheels to get and any other little bits (nothing much)  :happy2:

Thanks for reading

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
Re: My MK6 Stage 2 Project
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 05:58:56 pm »
Hi mate, welcome aboard.

I'm not too up on the mk6, but assuming most parts overlap from the mk5, there's plenty of choice out there and plenty of good quality kit.

On my mk5 I've got a Helix Organic uprated clutch that works with the oem flywheel. I got the clutch along with a new flywheel from Alex at AKS Tuning at a very good price. The clutch is good for 400lb/ft, and apart from a heavier pedal, feels and acts like stock.

Revo intakes are probably the most desirable on the mk5. Great gains and flow. Also look at Evoms and ITG Maxogen.

Intercooler-wise, S3/mk6 R is a good choice and not too costly. If you have the budget something like a Peron would be even better. Bear in mind that some consider the bigger coolers like Peron as overkill on a k03 car (too big to avoid lag) but ideal for a k04 car. I'm not sure where the IHI turbo on the mk6 sits in that regard; it might be a good idea to speak to Alex, or Niki at R-Tech, and also have in mind your target for power in the future.

Stage 2 map, well I can only really recommend R-Tech, they do full custom mapping on the dyno and consistently create some of the best maps this forum has seen. I know they're now well into mk6 mapping, so you'll be in good hands. The more generic options would be Revo, GIAC, APR, and Shark Performance are very good. Unicorn do custom maps, and they're also very well regarded.

Alloys, they're a personal thing, but if I had a mk6 I'd be looking at BBS CH-R.

Hope that helps!

Narutlix

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 01:29:18 pm »
I never get to experience this as well. We share common ash Aaa.

Offline strell

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 10:52:09 pm »
Looks good. Really think that xenons transform the front :)

Offline JoshH

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 09:46:30 am »
Looks really smart mate, look forward to seeing future updates :happy2:

Offline Paradox1

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 03:47:20 pm »
Definitely worth checking in with Rtech. (I think) they have started doing stage 2 maps for TSI/EA888 engines now.
Im not sure if they are offering additional extras to the map like thye do with the mk5 engines though

Offline GT-eye

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 03:44:00 am »
look good. any new updates on your car?