Make a donation

Author Topic: White MK6 GTI Edition 35  (Read 29534 times)

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
Re: White MK6 GTI Edition 35
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2015, 10:14:49 am »

Nice purchase  Chris as for mods on the car personally I would lower it and it is perfect like that

I'm sure once it's lowered a little it will look totally different and more in line with what I want. I mean it looks epic as is!

Thinking lower it a little, OZ ultralaggeras and some big brakes. BCS power flow to let everyone know I'm coming

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2015, 10:41:02 am »

Can I suggest this keyring? I got it from ebay because it showed a discrete GTI symbol and was advertised as such. When I opened the box I saw it was specific for the Edition 35. Unfortunately it's not new but if I had your Ed. 35, I'd use it. :smiley:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,100330.msg984451.html

Tempting for my spare key! I've already got this keyring :) it is epic!
I got this for my daily key (1KM087013A6J1):

And this one for my spare key (1K10870103ZR):

The spare key keyring will need a new leather piece. Unfortunately most of the GTI keyrings aren't made anymore or their prices are very high.

Make me a decent offer and I'll sell the Ed. 35 keyring to you. :wink:

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2015, 01:23:28 am »
Can't believe I've not updated this since August! Went up to Edition 38, brilliant show as always. Saw lots of good looking cars incl. a black ED35 on a detailing stand which was nice to see.

Picture from the carpark:

Anyway - I'd been thinking about a few mods to enhance the car and put my own stamp on it.

Noise was one thing this car didn't produce! I'm not one for driving like an idiot - But I enjoy some exhaust noise. I didn't want to get something you couldn't live with on a daily basis. Ended up going with a BCS Powervalve Sports system from @nige bcs. Excellent customer service, did a brilliant job on the car and made me feel like i'd got my money's worth. I'll let the pictures do the talking:

Let me know what you think  :happy2:

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2015, 09:38:53 am »
love this car! the mk6 has never done anthing for me neither has the mk7
my friend just got a candy white mk6 gti and it looks lovely in the flesh! and this looks even better! white is definitely the colour to go for on the mk6 imo

love the bcs too  :happy2:

Offline Flint

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2015, 07:28:32 pm »
Very nice.

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2015, 11:09:18 pm »
Not sure if I should build it up for Stage 2 or 2+ and get it mapped eventually. What's people's opinions on this?

Anyway ... Been thinking about an intake for a while - Went for a Revo Camcoat intake.

Started to install it.. Took the old air box off.

Quite surprised at how hard it is to pull the engine cover off! I mean it wasn't 'hard' but quite some force!

Lent over the back to get a shot of the downpipe - Titanium wrapped - Really looks the business.

Got the surround in place.

Just the sensor missing here. This area was quite fiddly trying to get the clamp down the back of the engine in the correct position. Anyone got any tips to make this easier in future?

And the finished article.

The car sounds like darth-vadar. It's sounds nice, still on the fence whether it suits what I feel the car is - But at the end of the day. I can take it off whenever!  :happy2: I'm pleased with it though.

Thanks for reading  :happy2:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2015, 11:41:05 pm »
No really a good point, besides the different noise, of getting such great intake and exhaust and not going at least stage 2. :wink:

You can also consider getting the R-Tech dual layer exhaust manifold heat shield. :smiley:

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2015, 10:09:32 am »
No really a good point, besides the different noise, of getting such great intake and exhaust and not going at least stage 2. :wink:

You can also consider getting the R-Tech dual layer exhaust manifold heat shield. :smiley:

Yeah - I'm thinking about upgrading the brakes at some point - Id love some R8 big stoppers but slight overkill and the money puts me off.

TTRS brakes up front - But the rears will look tiny. What do people suggest as rear conversions to keep things looking equal  :innocent:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2015, 10:40:33 am »

Yeah - I'm thinking about upgrading the brakes at some point - Id love some R8 big stoppers but slight overkill and the money puts me off.

TTRS brakes up front - But the rears will look tiny. What do people suggest as rear conversions to keep things looking equal  :innocent:
I went for the R32 rear brakes. They're 310 mm vented discs. You can get them new "cheap" if you buy the TRW branded, instead of the VW branded. Search the forum, you'll find the references you need.

In the front I went for the Touareg/Q7/Cayenne brakes with 350 mm MB ML450 discs. My mechanic liked the setup. :wink:

I didn't need wheel spacers with my OZ Ultraleggeras, while with the TTRS calipers I would. Wheel spacers aren't road legal in my country, that was my main concern. :innocent:

Offline JamieUK

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2016, 07:09:47 pm »
Really nice! I remember seeing this at Edition  :happy2:

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2016, 08:07:17 pm »
Really nice! I remember seeing this at Edition  :happy2:

Thanks Jamie, I love the way yours looks  :ashamed:

I've not been to anything since FREEZING COLD EDITION!  :thinking: Mine looked so standard!

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2017, 11:31:11 am »
Car is now for sale if anyone is interested  :innocent: