Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Posting pictures in for sale ads
on November 03, 2017, 07:50:48 AM
How can I post pictures in for sale ads?

Neither links from photobucket or Flickr work.
Re: PO299 turbo underboost code, Loss of power. Possible cam chain issue.
Last Poster: Raj2212 in Technical Workshop on Today at 07:01:24 PM
No expert but sounds like a DV issue. Had the same code pop up on my last golf, - also had loss of power, replaced with revision G, and problem went,  boosted like it should. 

I had my timing chain + tensioner replaced a month ago due to rattling noises coming from that area as the car got to temp.  Soon as had that replaced the noise went. My chain was streched, appare

Re: Brake help
Last Poster: th3_f15t in Mk5 General Area on Today at 06:52:43 PM
Any Mk5 Golf R32 lines should fit, assuming this is the 345mm kit?

Re: Sunset Red 1.4 TSI(TFSI) GT Sport - daily drive & track car
Last Poster: Shoduchi in Members Rides on Today at 06:42:09 PM
Great buy! Congrats! :congrats:

Re: How to change your inline thermostats.
Last Poster: Newbieintown in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 06:39:50 PM
Guys does anyone know how much coolent it would need to fill back up the system? Also are there any bleed nipples to get the air locks out? Thanks

Re: Raj's United Grey GTi 2.0 DSG - Build Thread
Last Poster: Raj2212 in Members Rides on Today at 06:03:38 PM
Small update:

Had a few bits sorted on the golf, after touching 110k.  Took it to Kings Tyres + Autocare in Shipley, same guys that replaced my timing chain + tensioner.

Full Service
Quantum 5w 40 oil
New oil, fuel and pollen filter
NKG Spark Plugs
Coolant Flush
And all other vital fluids topped up.
Cam Follower checked, no maj

Re: Oil weep/leak can anyone help?? pics inside
Last Poster: paulmcgrath in Technical Workshop on Today at 03:33:44 PM
I mopped the oil up and thankfully it hasn't filled back up. The plastic cover hoses which are located under the cam chain cover are covered in oil and gunk build up but as I say the puddle hasn't returned.

Re: My new mk5 GTi..
Last Poster: paulmcgrath in Members Rides on Today at 03:27:41 PM
Looks sweet, really nice stance..... H&R's on standard or uprated dampers, 20mm drop? :smiley:

Ye all standard dampers with the h&r 20 mm springs. Although it's a bit bouncy at the moment if your driving on an uneven road.
I don't know whether its just the old dampers ne

Re: Returning member Edition 30 this time
Last Poster: Joshryan in Mk5 General Area on Today at 02:18:24 PM
Thanks rob I'm on that aswell, I've had quite a few cars and been on a few forums but always found this the best by far and I keep coming back when I have a vag!

Re: Newbie looking for a 5 door DSG GTI - anyone selling?
Last Poster: andyiseddy02 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 12:22:29 PM
Not too fussed on spec. Actually prefer cloth, 17's.

Ideally candy white, 5 door, DSG.

Mileage: will buy on condition.

Anything up to £7k for the right car. Just want a decent well looked after car.
Never put how much you are willing to pay.

Red ED30 Heathrow T2/3 Long Stay
Last Poster: neilw in Spotted on Today at 11:29:28 AM
I parked in front of you, so the car wouldn't feel lonely :happy2:

Re: Joshy's Ed30 Build Thread
Last Poster: Joshy in Members Rides on Today at 10:23:39 AM
Found the culprit for the black screen when using the reversing camera - a broken wire on the camera unit itself. Unfortunately it looks like the camera and wiring are sealed together.
You can buy a new camera unit (part number 5K0 980 551) but its roughly £160 :sick:

Going to take the down to the auto electricians and let them have a look. They may be able to get

Re: Engine rumble at low revs when pulling away
Last Poster: Ash_89 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 07:49:42 AM
Will test the alternator pulley today And report back  :happy2:

K04/K04 hybrid turbo blanket: Yes or No?
Last Poster: Shoduchi in Performance Modifications on Today at 12:38:55 AM
Has anyone fitted a turbo blanket? If yes, which one and where did you get it?

I'd like to know your opinion. :smiley:

Check this topic for more information: HYDE16 Reviews - PTP Turbo Blankets K04 Lava Turbo Blanket

Brake pad wear plug part number
Last Poster: Bo! in Technical Workshop on Yesterday at 09:30:57 PM
Unfortunately managed to damage the plug that connects to the brake pad. Id appreciate the part number for the plug that connects to the break pad.

Re: MK6 Climate Control
Last Poster: Wolf Burger in Cosmetic/Interior Modifications on Yesterday at 08:47:35 PM
I have a Mk6 non heated panel for sale if anyone is looking for one.
From 2011 Mk6R

I can post pics and part number

GTi lost power, stalled, and now won’t start
Last Poster: leemk5 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 08:25:11 PM
I was driving back from work today, car was running fine, I pulled out of traffic into a side street and noticed a severe lack of power (car was trying to stall in 1st gear) I stopped at a shop and switched the car off. When I came back to the car 2 mins later it started fine first time, but had zero power and cut out within 20 meters of pulling away. Now it won’t start and sounds

Re: 1st VW - Black Edition 30
Last Poster: Caspersmith in Members Rides on Yesterday at 07:35:18 PM
Had a couple of hours to spare today so manged to install the Ram Air intake.

Went for a blast..... Love it But that's the kid in me. Turbo flutter when you nail it then let off is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Re: My pride and joy has been keyed!!!
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 04:42:17 PM
Correct. I just had my drivers door painted (£150) I took a chance and didn’t pay the extra £120 to have it blended into the wing a rear quarter and it’s a great match btw....mines black

Non metallic black just works.  Very rarely needs blending.   Reds and metallics will more

Re: Caravelle's shadow blue mk5 gti
Last Poster: golfmck1980 in Members Rides on Yesterday at 04:38:59 PM
Man wished mine looked like that underneath

Re: My little MK5 2.0TDI R-line build thread
Last Poster: teo_parvu in Members Rides on Yesterday at 12:56:11 PM
Yes, hopefully it will be functional again soon.
Yesterday the ECU was sent to receive ED30 software which has the same engine (BYD same as BWJ) but should know about DSG and also a new Stage 2+ remap. They have good results locally. The gearbox has already received MRC software.
Soon... :party: :party: :party:

Shoutbox

2008 Mk5 golf gti 3dr Candy White
£8000.00
Postage: £0.00
Delivery Only

Owned for 4 years, been my pride and joy, purchased with 35,000 miles and used occasionally now sitting on 44,000 miles. Fully maintained and never used during the winter.

Full vw service history since ownership
2008 6 speed manual
44000 miles
Cambelt change on 35,000 miles upon purchase
Xenon headlights
Cruise control
Heated leather interior
Heated wing mirrors
Monza 2 diamond cut alloys
Genuine vw rns510 satnav

Selling as looking to upgrade to a newer car

Private plate not included

I have been offered £7000 as part ex

Priced at £8000

Any questions or to arrange a viewing please reach me on 07901847982 car is based in northampton.

Thanks Tony
2012 VW Golf R 5-door DSG
£17500.00
Collection Only

For sale is my 2012 Golf R 5 door DSG in Rising Blue, currently at stage 2+ tuning. 3 former keepers from new, MOT until 16th June 2018, 58,000 miles with a comprehensive service history and 2 original keys.

The car has a lot of features ticked, including Dynaudio sound pack and the VW Kenwood DNX525DAB upgrade, wing back front seats which have been custom trimmed professionally, colour multifunction display and multifunction steering wheel with paddle shift extensions, dual zone climate control, parking sensors and the dynamic chassis control (DCC) feature.

Some negative points to note are that the seats are heated and the car came with heated seats but currently the wiring for the seats doesn’t match the car so they do not work. Also, the satellite navigation on the Kenwood stereo doesn’t work as I never fitted a GPS antenna.

The exterior features include Xenon headlights with cornering functions, OZ Ultraleggera alloy wheels and has been lowered 20mm too. The front-end needs some respray work as there’s lacquer missing on the front bumper (think someone reversed into me and it’s flaked off), stone chips and car park marks.

The car is fully stage 2+ tuned and I have most of the parts for upgrading to a TTE420 turbo, including an RS3 LPFP, injectors with modified loom and a HPA Motorsport inlet manifold. These aren’t included in the price but a deal can be made if you’re interested. Essentially it just needs the turbo, AKS Tuning FPR and a good mapping session and it’ll be much improved on performance. If the car doesn’t sell then that’s where I’m going with it anyway, hence I’m not returning the car to standard for selling. She is due a fair bit of service work in 2,000 miles which include the cam belt and water pump (parts included), full service (oil, filter, spark plugs and DSG) as well as the rear differential oil. I did the DSG at 30,000 miles which is earlier than required but I knew it was going to run increased power so took no chances. About £200 in parts required to have the car fully services and worry free, will possibly do all the jobs over the coming weekends which will cause the sale price to increase.

Modification included are:

Engine & Transmission:

RamAir K04 oversized air intake (currently heat wrapped)
Loba Motorsport HPFP
Audi R8 red coilpacks with NGK iridium spark plugs
Forge diverter valve
Forge oil catch can
Audi RS4 fuel return valve
APR intercooler
BSH intercooler-to-TB pipe upgrade
Milltek turbo-back system with sports cat
AmD Tuning custom ECU map
AmD Tuning custom DSG map

Suspension & Exterior:

OZ Racing 18” x 8J ET35 Ultraleggera wheels
Avon ZV-7 tyres all round
Porsche Cayenne 6-piston Brembo calipers with EBC Yellowstuff pads
350mm EBC Ultimax brake discs
HEL brake lines (front and rear)
H&R 20mm lowering springs
034Motorsport top mounts
H&R rear anti roll bar
SuperPro lower engine mount insert
Gen4 Haldex controller upgrade (3 modes – Eco, Normal and Race)

I would consider part exchanging the car with something else with DSG so message me to discuss. I’ve tried to put as much info on here as possible but I can’t remember everything, so have a look through my build thread to see everything that’s been done.

For test drives, I will need proof of valid insurance covering you to drive the car, no insurance no keys in the hand (sorry, but it’s my pride and joy, no risks taken).
Rare Candy White Golf GTI Edition 30
£8000.00
Delivery Only

Rare Candy White Golf GTI Edition 30 DSG for sale

2 Previous Owners

- Fully loaded with the usual factory spec along with added extras such as: Sunroof, Xenon's, Heated seats, powerfolding mirrors and so on.

123,2xx on the clock

Additions to the car:

- Pioneer AVH-Z5000DAB head unit
-MK7 Clubsport GTI seatbelts
-Retrimmed doorcards & Armrest
-SRS Tec Rear Spoiler
-R8 coilpacks
- Ground Zero Subwoofer

Full extensive VWSH with cambelt and water pump done in the last 20k miles by VW. A folder full of service receipts ££££'s spent on servicing throughout it's life. Do not be put off by the miles, it's been well looked after and it's only ever seen VW for it's servicing.

Mechatronics unit was replaced by previous owner at 90k miles.

Nothing is worse travelling to go see a car to NOT find it exactly how it's described so here are it's bad bits.

- Wheels could do with a refurb if you are an overly fussy person.

- Ever so small rip on the drivers seat bolster.

Overall it's in really good condition, odd age related mark but it's been well looked after and you will have known this if you come across the car over the last few months from what I've done to it.

Stage one machine polish just carried out today by the guys at PWX Detailing in Birmingham.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Cash sale only, unless you are offering me a ridiculous deal on a PX that I would be mad to turn down.

£8000.00

Located in Birmingham
2006 Reflex Silver Golf GTI
£4500.00
Collection Only

Hi, for sale is my 2006 Reflex Silver Volkswagen Golf GTI, it really is a clean example and mechanically perfect, there are a couple of age related marks due to being 12 years old but really is a nice example and well kept for.

90,400 Miles
Reflex Silver 3 Doors
Full Service History
Cambelt & Waterpump changed January 2016, 71,000 @ Volkswagen Rotherham
Inline & Main thermostat changed April 2017 84,000
Cam Chain and tensioner changed August 2017 86,000
MOT April 30th 2018, last MOT no advisories
Last Serviced February 2018
New front wings painted and blended February 2017 @ Vertu Volkswagen Mansfield
2 keys
2 Previous owners
18" Alloys

Miltek turbo back stainless steel exhaust and sports cat
Evolutions Motorsport intake kit and heat shield
GFB DV+
Cam follower & PCV valve changed February 2017 82,437
NGK Iridium IX BKR7EIX Spark plugs
Audi R8 Oil Cap
Black screen wash and coolant caps

Auto headlights
Auto wipers
Auto lock and unlock
Tyre pressure monitoring system
Cruise control
RCD 300
Dual climate control
GTI Mats
MK6 switches
MK6 rear VW emblem
New interior grab handles
Arm rest
Euro cup holder
Cherry hazard switch
Auto-dimming rear view mirror
Rear seat armrest
GTI seat inserts
LED interior and registration lights
Boot pop mod

Due to getting a new job, this is the only reason I am selling this car, owned by a real enthusiast, the car is mechanically perfect shown by the last MOT showing no advisories. @Tfsi_Mike can also vouch for this car being a really nice example and needs to be seen.

Any questions feel free to ask,

Jamie

07530 246946
Revo catch can
£200.00
Single Image
    Delivery Only

Revo catch can set up with braided hose sleeves but can be removed it needed. In used but excellent condition.