Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Posting pictures in for sale ads
on November 03, 2017, 07:50:48 AM
How can I post pictures in for sale ads?

Neither links from photobucket or Flickr work.
Re: Do we get a forum discount for mail order at AKS?
Last Poster: MIJ_JAGGER in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 11:16:57 PM
Looking to order the front deadset kit...discount would be brill

Re: Raj's United Grey GTi 2.0 DSG - Build Thread
Last Poster: prp74 in Members Rides on Yesterday at 09:51:41 PM
Looking good Raj  :happy2:

Re: Oil pressure warning light - some advice please
Last Poster: Tazocin in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:31:35 PM
So the engine flush was done by Awesome, I have no idea what they used. It was approximately 1000 miles ago now, perhaps a little less.

I'm running Millers 5w40. I change oil before and after trackday (proving pricey even before this mishap). Hopefully it is heat or starvation as suggested. It was towards the end of the day, I had been doing 15 minute sessions and this o

Re: Radio --Status : Cannot be reached!!!!!!
Last Poster: ballcrusher in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Yesterday at 07:44:59 PM
If its after market then it won't show up but to save running extra wire from somewhere else isn't  the best way to install as you can't get an harness that gives you the the yellow power feed you need

Re: RNS510 Fault
Last Poster: Mark_DF05 in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Yesterday at 05:09:53 PM
Ah right, thanks for the info. I’ve got an rcd510 in the golf so will try swap them round sometime and see what happens.

Re: White "Lion" Cupra - DSG converted track car
Last Poster: teo_parvu in Members Rides on Yesterday at 05:08:06 PM
I'll first try with a new OE pump, my mechanic has one for which i will pay only if the problem is solved.  :happy2:

Wanted ED30 / Pirelli / R32
Last Poster: Ninja in Wanted on Yesterday at 04:51:07 PM
3 door only, sub 80K miles, any colour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: VW Rust 12 year guarantee
Last Poster: jgalla89 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 04:08:35 PM
So just to update, I sent an email back to VW UK saying how disappointed I was with their findings and wanted them to provide me with the evidence that VW west bridgford seemed to have pointing to the my front wing rust being cause by the paintwork being compromised.

Also mentioned that VW west bridgford seemed to be contradicting themselves as there initial reason for r

Re: Engine judder when idle?
Last Poster: abz132 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 03:37:04 PM
I was having the same issue. I was feeling a rough judder on idle which was even shaking the seats. Replaced the clutch and flywheel and it sorted the issue.

Re: Cheap remap
Last Poster: Dan_FR in Performance Modifications on Yesterday at 03:13:23 PM
Superchips is the only company I've seen that offer a mechanical breakdown warranty if it's proven their the remap caused it.

That is the difference between an established brand that can afford professional indemnity insurance, vs the myriad of other companies who seem to focus solely on

Re: Possible mechatronics?? Please help :(
Last Poster: 99hagued in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 02:45:46 PM
Mine doesn’t miss gear change or go up 2 gears. It’s fine apart from being abit jumpy coming to a stop and changing to P-D or P-R. Maybe I’ll have a word with the garage I use see what they think  :happy2:

Could be worn engine/gearbox mounts

Re: MOT query
Last Poster: GTIEagles in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 02:25:11 PM
Thanks  :happy2:

Re: Another MPG thread
Last Poster: Roczen in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 01:39:38 PM
Finally got to the bottom of this, started to notice that the temp was fluctuating when driving under certain conditions so had the main thermostat replaced and the car is now as it was before.

Hi, what range was the temp gauge moving within? After reading this thread I've

Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
Last Poster: Bane in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 01:37:56 PM
Hello chaps,haven't been on here in a while.
Gave the car a good clean at the weekend and noticed for the first time,the dreaded rust on the drivers side wheel arch...I thought that I had gotten away with not having it but it seemed to have appeared overnight!
Rather than trawl through 89 pages on this subject,I'll just ask two questions;
1) has the warranty changed

Re: Slow warm up
Last Poster: mjmallia in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 10:26:55 AM
3 miles and mine is at operating temp.....like clock work now.

If you have a DSG there are two inlines.

Re: Weird noise over bumps
Last Poster: mjmallia in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 10:23:24 AM
Check the damper shafts for a stuck/broken bump stop.

then check:

ARB bushes could also be dry........spray drive and check.

process of elimination really.

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: MIJ_JAGGER in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:26:19 AM
Done some wrapping to my window controls, do I keep it like this or get new ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looked like alcantara at fi

RNS510 installation
Last Poster: jgalla89 in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Yesterday at 08:52:50 AM
Someone I know has a second hand RNS510 they are selling at a very good price. They had to take it out their T5 as they were having the following issues...

a fault code scan always showed the unit to be incorrectly coded as it does not match the T5 electrical architecture. From what I could tell I think the internally provided voltage output to the GPS antenna is too

Re: R5GTT'S Cars rapid
Last Poster: r5gtt in Members Rides on Yesterday at 01:31:17 AM
Hi, any update since you fitted your H7 LED’s? Also do you have a link? As I’m looking to install some with my Depo projectors
Thanks
hi mate, they're absolutely fantastic and I couldn't drive without them now. 100% brighten up the way forward and I've just linked someone else to t

Re: Depo headlights
Last Poster: r5gtt in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 12:31:41 AM

Shoutbox

2007 Golf GTI - 3dr Red
£4295.00
Collection Only

2007 Golf GTI 2.0 tfsi

94k miles with FSH

2 Previous Owners

Every MOT from new and loads of receipts

Completely standard unabused, enthusiast owned car for last 5 years

Drives great, does have a few age related marks as expected for an 11 year old car.

Had a new clutch, dual mass fly wheel & cambelt at 72k miles.

Tel. 07712 433082
Brand New Genuine Volkswagen/BBS Pescara Alloy Wheel
£225.00
Collection Only

Brand New Genuine Volkswagen/BBS Pescara Alloy Wheel

I have the original box that it was supplied in also. (pictured with Part Number)

This Wheel has never been fitted or driven on, I kept it as spare and it has just had the tyre fitted incase I ever did require the use of it in emergency. I have now sold my Edition 30 so it is no longer required. Goodyear Eagle F1 fitted.

These are £500 from Volkswagen Brand New!

£225

Will consider Posting but contact me to discuss and I can get a quote.
Bilstein B8 low mileage great condition Mk6 version +TTRS top mounts
£350.00
Postage: £0.00
Delivery or Collection

Great condition Bilstein B8s with  genuine TTRS top mounts. These are the Mk6 B8s so no problems with ride quality. Happy to answer any questions. For sale a have sold my Scirocco.

VW RNS510 headunit with DAB SSD HDD
£550.00
Postage: £20.00
Delivery or Collection

Selling the last version of RNS510 DAB with SSD HDD. Front is in good condition, no scratches.
Unit is up to date:
6270 FW
2017 MAPS
Speed cameras
VIM activated.

Has the code. 550 collected from Leeds or 570 delivered.
Polar Fis Advance module for sale
£85.00
Single Image
    Postage: £0.00
    Delivery or Collection

Selling Polar FIS advance module. It has two issues - sometimes put Christmas tree lights on the dash, once a month etc, if its in good non moving position and on my BLS engine it was showing only main engine parameters. Stucks on choosing parameters. Might be related to the engine, but cant confirm.
     Other functions like bluetooth, pdc was working fine. I was told cable might be faulty, but we checked it and it seems fine. It's 1st gen so thats might why. Due the issues price is 85 delivered.