Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

*** NEW FORUM PLEA - JANUARY 2017 ***
on January 07, 2017, 02:35:36 PM

:pomppomp: For anyone who wishes to donate just click on the link below  :pomppomp:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=LGHF5VDSC6AQL

Dear Faithful Members,

It's time again for us to ask for your help, Our forum funds have run out again and we need your support to top up the kitty to keep the site running, and to maintain it's independence (from sponsors etc).

So please dig deep and drop some funds to the cause via the link above  :happy2:

Thanks,

Re: New edition 30 owner
Last Poster: golfmck1980 in New Member Intro's on Today at 11:13:43 PM
A 5 door in white is rare I tell ya nice choice

Re: GTI front conversion question.
Last Poster: Christiank in Mk5 General Area on Today at 10:16:03 PM
Already ordered the GTI carrier..
Guess I'll have to source out a lower and upper barrier panels to get it fit properly

Yeah I know it's possible to cut it, but really don't like cutting away 2 fixing points

Re: camber adjustment
Last Poster: harveym3 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 09:58:28 PM
Ive got a set of superpro bottom joints so well see if they work

Re: Suggestions For a Socket Set?
Last Poster: harveym3 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 09:55:51 PM
I treated myself to a Halfords one when i was 17 and im now 37 and i still use 90% of it .

Re: Can't seem to pm or put pics on site
Last Poster: harveym3 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 09:54:15 PM
i have the same problem as im new

Re: New Pirelli owner - midlands
Last Poster: Pirelli_Reece in New Member Intro's on Today at 09:35:17 PM
Hi all,
I'm Reece.

I've just bought my first GTI (although not my first VW).

Here's a picture of my old Up![img width=786 height=786]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170319/957

Re: What do I do now ?
Last Poster: MIJ_JAGGER in Random Chat on Today at 09:32:37 PM
*tumbleweed*

Re: Boot lid lc9z
Last Poster: MaxC in Wanted on Today at 09:20:04 PM
Pm'd

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: slix in Mk5 General Area on Today at 08:38:23 PM
Used a magic eraser on the steering wheel. Boy it made it look brand new again!

What's it like vs a leather cleaner like Dr leather?

It took all the horibble shine off the

White ED30 DS57*** M69, M6, A444 Coventry
Last Poster: GTI-Pirelli in Spotted on Today at 07:36:32 PM
Seen around 17:45 today. Looking very smart in white.

Re: Pre-cat. . . . . REMOVED!
Last Poster: golfmck1980 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 07:35:28 PM
I had mine done a couple of months ago didnt feel any diff on the bum dyno but as the exhaust is now a full straight through its bloody loud I tell ya

Re: Uneven tyre wear rear tyres (sawtooth )
Last Poster: GTI8v in Mk5 General Area on Today at 06:47:05 PM
I too have the same issue, just had it to my usual garage who claim there's no movement in the track arms but the bushs may be worn.... and for a pricely sum of £300 they can fix it.
Now the sceptic in me says if t

Re: Aftermarket Warranty cover for Mechatronic Unit?
Last Poster: slix in Mk5 General Area on Today at 05:35:57 PM
I read it's cheaper to get yours refurbished or swapped with a refurb one as a new one will likely be 2k plus. I think ecu testing does a swap refurb for about 600 but not sure on exact price.

Also another option is to get a 2nd hand complete box for about 500 and just swap bits over etc.

Re: Your driving pet peeves...
Last Poster: AJP in Random Chat on Today at 05:09:46 PM

I actually got out of my car and took someone to task for it after they barged in front of me......and guess what.  Doors were

Re: Recent Purchases Picture Thread!!
Last Poster: fab5freddy in Random Chat on Today at 05:06:10 PM
What did those ohlins set you back?

[url=http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/competition-suspension-

Re: Common issues
Last Poster: willni in Mk5 General Area on Today at 03:27:19 PM
True, it's age that kills off cars, not mileage......and previous owner neglect!

I don't know how but they broke the plastic rivets behind the headlight switch, and stole the ed30 steering wheel...it's stuff you only notice with a fine tooth comb really lol

Re: Mk7 R engine in MK5 GTi?
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Today at 03:20:34 PM
Yeah agreed.  Complex electronics makes conversions considerably more difficult these days!   

I keep flirting with the idea of forging, but I'm too fussy and would end up buying a brand new CDL and drop

Re: Someone please explain these logs for me
Last Poster: r5gtt in Mk5 General Area on Today at 03:08:19 PM
I think it happened here when the car bogged down but maybe the wrong block

Re: Leaving the MKV for a MKVII PP
Last Poster: r5gtt in Mk5 General Area on Today at 02:48:19 PM
Hope you have more joy outta the 7 as I'm sure you will... good luck  :happy2:

Re: GOLF R/S3/RS3/A45
Last Poster: Pudding in Random Chat on Today at 12:31:37 PM
Fast Audis are theft targets these days, so I'd hold off on them for a bit.

A45 AMG....fell out of the ugly tree inside and out, but pretty damn quick!  A mate has the latest 380hp version and it's definitely not a car I'd want to own.  I preferred his old RS5 and R8.

Which leaves the 7R as a good choice, but again, it's on the ram raiders top 5.  

Shoutbox

LED Door warning lights
£13.00
Postage: £0.00
Delivery or Collection

Door working lights but the LED versions.

Brand New and never used.
TTRS/Brembo 4 Pots Brake Kit
£600.00
Collection Only

Originally supplied and fitted by AKS, I have a 340mm TTRS/Brembo brake kit for sale.

The kit comes with Brembo 340mm discs, standard Pagid pads, HEL Lines and the fitting kit required. I also have the original TTRS brackets as well.
The calipers are in good condition but do have a few marks here and there. The discs and pads are used but only for a couple of months so have very little wear.

Collection is preferred but may be able to meet in Bracknell over the coming weeks.
edition 30, black, 07, 3dr, 97k  £6800 OR £6000 IF YOU SUPPLY YOUR OWN WHEELS
£6800.00
Collection Only

Firstly, I must apologise for the condition of the pictures , it is damp and dismal in North Wales today, will update when we have a better day

selling my 07 edition 30 , black, 3dr. 6 sp manual with 97000 miles  ( will rise as still used daily ), 12 months mot, had a fsh till my ownership ( I own a garage so service myself, the car wants for nothing , oil/filter changed every 2 mths), only ever runn on high octane fuel
plague number :0629
all the usual ed30 refinements plus some juicy bits listed below
re-mapped to approx 330bhp, full miltek stainless exhaust system inc de-cat, not too loud unless provoked, lowered 30mm, walk kit,
whiteline adjustable front /rear arbs,  19" bbs ch ( genuine) recently re-furbed in anthracite ( really set car off) fitted with nearly new 225/35x19 nankang ns20, revo induction kit, forge dv, coolant hoses and quick shifter, grooved discs allround fitted with greenstuff pads

since taking ownership I have updated the headunit to a rcd510(bought off forum) (original inc in sale), re instated the rear wiper plus fitted an ashtray cover, only bad point is usual bolster wear plus slight tear in fabric

having only owned the car since summer 2016, I can't explain why but I miss my previous car (mk4 r32),  I know modded car's aren't to everyone's taste but they could be reversed back to oem, selling the parts to re-coup some of the buying price, just a thought

thanks for looking, if anyone would like better pictures, i'll get my daughter to send from her iphone

cheers

Various 2.0 engine bits
£10.00
Single Image
    Postage: £1.00
    Delivery Only

Standard injectors ideal for sending away for cleaning without being left carless £40 plus postage

Standard HPFP from earlier mk5 gti (banjo fitting)

Air filter intake pipes

2 aux tensioner both in good working condition £5 each

Coolant pipes offers

Oil pump pick up pipe and green seal £7.50

Turbo Oil return pipe £5

Inlet manifold minus the fuel feed pipes £40

Boost pipe turbo to intercooler good seals no splits £offers

All prices are open to genuine offers and plus postage too or collected from redditch b98 post code

Iv also got a partial wiring loom fool cut it off rather then removed it so it's available for plugs etc to replace your broken ones

Anti Roll Bar
    £75.00
    Collection Only

Front Anti Roll bar for a multitude of VW Models.
    Usual high quality product from H&R. I had it on my CC and it worked a treat, greatly improving the handling. It is in great condition and ready to go straight on.

Collection Only.