Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Posting pictures in for sale ads
on November 03, 2017, 07:50:48 AM
How can I post pictures in for sale ads?

Neither links from photobucket or Flickr work.
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: Nardoblue in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 11:04:47 PM
Cleaned it and the other toy

Re: spares or repairs K03 or K04 turbo
Last Poster: vag in Wanted on Yesterday at 10:17:17 PM
How much bud?

Re: Steering Position Sensor?
Last Poster: MIJ_JAGGER in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:50:40 PM
Do you mean the steering angle sensor?
Is the yellow steering light lit up on the cluster?
Try get a VCDS scan and post here

Re: Headlight Plug Snapped
Last Poster: MIJ_JAGGER in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 09:45:19 PM
Push the connector in with the tabs depressed to relieve some tension then pull, usually helps

Re: Candy White Mk5 5dr DSG - NOW SOLD
Last Poster: shoaybmakda in Members Rides on Yesterday at 09:13:08 PM
@GPem3:16 was a white tyre pen from Amazon - 2 for 1.99 or something along those lines

Re: White "Lion" Cupra - DSG converted
Last Poster: teo_parvu in Members Rides on Yesterday at 08:50:28 PM
Thanks buddy!  :drinking:
One more thing...there is a fuel fluctuation, not very bad, but not optimal. I'll replace the RS4 fpr and see.
Now I can left foot brake, the annoying ecu cut was removed.  :party:

Re: 148,000 miles. Prevention work...
Last Poster: BradCobbs in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:45:14 PM
I fitted a thermostat last year when I did the timing belt and water pump. I've replaced the DMF and fitted a Sachs clutch so hopefully running gear wise it should be fine for a few years.
I'll probably do the chain anyway for peace of mind. (Checked ETKA today and it was £217!)
More concerned about prolonging the engines life more than anything really!
Any problems

Re: Engine rumble at low revs when pulling away
Last Poster: shaunK in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 08:24:57 PM
I didn’t get a chance to look at the alternator pulley guys weather was schocking
Mine doesn’t make a noise like a pulley usually would no sqweel etc just the revs bog down a lot when pulling away

Same as mine was, I had no noise at all but was really rough pulling away

Re: Turbo Chatter
Last Poster: ROH ECHT in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 07:57:40 PM
Well, that is an OK size not prone to cause issues with MAF readings. So yeah, look at the boost data to see if actual exceeds target by much and for how long. A 3rd gear run from 2k rpm to redline is good...so plan on reaching 90 mph for this = safety 1st!  :happy2:
You may find the WG calibration for the k04 is just simply a bit much and all can be smoothed out reducing prel

Is the Mk5 GTi becoming a 'classic'?
Last Poster: Dogma in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 06:49:30 PM
Pistonheads put this out just a few days ago too.

https://www.pistonheads.com/regulars/ph-spottedykywt/volkswagen-golf-gti-mk5-spotted/37555

I did notice between when I originally decided I wanted one early last year to actually buying one, general prices had risen. When I firs

Re: Fuel pump issue
Last Poster: Tuffy in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 06:46:47 PM
Thanks for that....haven’t ordered one as yet.. how much are they from TPS?.

Re: Flat battery after being left for a couple of weeks. Help required
Last Poster: Nardoblue in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 04:21:00 PM
Cheers for the compliments lads.
Quick update. Amp draw checked and very low, and when pulling the number 19 fuse to the radio it never went up or down so no live feed to the radio when the key out. Went to eurocarparts as I had an invoice from the previous owner who bought a battery in 2015, got a ref number from the original store and they just replaced the battery, bonus a

MK5 Ed30 - 3dr DSG
Last Poster: Ben2901 in Wanted on Yesterday at 02:50:26 PM
On the look out for an ed 30 - good history/well maintained with less than 80k on the clock, 3dr. Not fussed if its been modified providing the car has been well looked after.

Ideally black but depending on the car/spec i'm open to other colours.

Drop me a message if you're thinking of selling or know anyone selling that fits the spec.

Looking at

Re: MILKY MAYO GUNK IN OIL FILLER CAP
Last Poster: Octoparrot in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 01:33:14 PM
Mines got notably worse now I do a shorter and slower daily commute.

Re: Parking Paranoia - Irrational Moi ?
Last Poster: Juliand in Random Chat on Yesterday at 11:41:38 AM
It is extremely liberating driving around in a 'cheap heap'. 

Been thinking that myself recently......

Re: P0441 EVAP Emission Control Sys: Incorrect Flow
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:21:58 AM
Yeah the canister is bloody expensive for a plastic box filled with tiny charcoal pellets.  Anything that throws the EML is expensive because they know you need it to pass inspections.  Gits.

What usually happens is the internal filters start to break up and bits of it get stuck in the pipes, or charcoal pellets find their way into the N80 valve.   And naturally, the box

Re: Turbo Chatter
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:12:16 AM
That is normal with after market intakes.

Re: Timing issue
Last Poster: norman1979 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:25:21 AM
Bump. Any help?

Re: Genuine 18 Inch Monza Alloy
Last Poster: allymac in Wanted on February 19, 2018, 10:36:33 PM
Saw a set on jon44 facebook page mate Aaron Kelly was the fella  Derry direction ...£300 with tyres

Jeez you must have been bored Lyle :grin:

Re: Are my front wings plastic?
Last Poster: Caspersmith in Mk5 General Area on February 19, 2018, 07:52:02 PM
Recently painted wings and bonnet maybe  :thinking:
Funny you say that, my misses old man had a look at the car last week for the 1st time & spotted straight away that the paint finish looked slightly different on the wings compared to the rest.

Not something I'd notice but

Shoutbox

VW RNS315 Satnav headunit with DAB & BT
£220.00
Postage: £15.00
Delivery or Collection

In good used condition. Has the code. Has built DAB radio and bluetooth. West EU V9 maps loaded on HDD.
220 collected from Leeds or 235 delivered. If paying via PayPal + fees or a gift. Cheers
Highlines
£100.00
Postage: £10.00
Delivery Only

Set of GTI highlines, ending 972 so easier coding. Have slight damage to tabs but still securable
Mk6 DSG knob and surround
£95.00
Postage: £5.00
Delivery Only

MK6 DSG gear knob, direct fit to mk5 great upgrade over the standard and complete with surround
K04
£120.00
Single Image
    Postage: £10.00
    Delivery Only

Full set of pipes for K04 turbo includes:
    Turbo Discharge Pipe
    Turbo muffler delete
    High Flow Charge Intercooler Pipe
    Stainless steel clamps
    New green gasket as pictured below included

Brand new
    Ideal if upgrading to K04 or for deleting all the bayonet fitments on the oem setup.

It will be shipped UPS next day delivery.

Any further questions just ask
    K04 turbo discharge / muffler gasket
    £4.00
    Single Image
      Postage: £1.00
      Delivery Only

New green viton gasket firm K04 discharge, this part isn’t available from the dealers.
      VW Golf Gti Edition 30 MK5 Highline instrument cluster (Clocks)
      £200.00
      Postage: undefined
      Delivery or Collection

As above i have 2 MK5 Golf Gti Edition 30 Highline instrument cluster (Clocks)

Part Number 1K6 920 970E
      Part Number: 1K6 920 972

Comes with SKC CODE

In good working order and condition

These are the Early Clusters so is Easier to Code

I CAN ALSO CODE THIS CLUSTER INTO ANY MK5 GOLF BE IT DIESEL OR PETROL

Open to sensible offers

£200 Ono each

Can fit free of charge if collecting

Any questions please call

07983 222 677

Many thanks
      MK6 GTI Edition 35 - White - 3Dr - 35k Miles
      £15995.00
      Single Image
        Collection Only

Just a basic description for now - Anyone interested please drop me a message and I will fill you in.

Amazing condition - No expense spared - Well looked after car and first to see will buy - Volkswagen Golf 2.0 TSI GTI Edition 35 DSG Auto 3-Door, 35000 miles, Full VWSH, 3 Previous Owners, MOT and Service done in July 17, 6CD LED RNS510, Full Leather Interior, Heated Seats, Flat Bottom M.F.S.W With Paddle change, Cruise Control, Alarm, Drivers Airbag, Passenger Airbag, Side Airbags, ABS, Traction Control, Climate Control, Power Steering, Front Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, Remote Central Locking, Optional extra 19? Alloy Wheels, Media & Aux, Privacy Glass , Park Sens Front & Rear, Reverse Camera, Headlamp washers, GTI Mats + Rubber Mats, Modifications REVO Stage 1 DSG Remap, REVO Stage 1 Remap with SPS Box, Ceramic coated REVO air intake, BCS Full Power-valve exhaust with Titanium downpipe heatwrap 3.5" tips (cost of £1500), Gloss black diffuser, subtle interior mods, P3 Electronic Vent Boost Gauge, Maniacs paddle extensions. (I have all the standard parts as I was meticulous to keep them) Bad points Stone chips (as to be expected), small chip in the windscreen Please feel free to ask me any questions - Can remove modifications to improve deal. 4 owners, Next MOT due 19/07/2018, Full service history, White.

This car comes with
        Electric windows, Air conditioning, Satellite navigation, Parking aid, DVD, MP3 player, CD player, Bluetooth, Leather trim, Heated seats, Height adjustable driver's seat, Height adjustable passenger seat, Folding rear seats, Child seat points (Isofix system), Sports seats, Power steering, Steering wheel rake adjustment, Steering wheel reach adjustment, Cruise control, Traction control, Central locking, Alarm, Immobiliser, Driver's airbags, Passenger airbags, Spare wheel (Space-saver)
        • users Users: 1
        • guests Guests: 95