Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

mk5 GTI Pirelli
on November 13, 2018, 08:35:44 AM
Hiya chaps, hope this is alright here, I will be putting my beloved pirelli up on autotrader this weekend,  will be purchasing a caddy/transporter so I'm keeping it VW
Re: How long did your first clutch last?
Last Poster: Octoparrot in Technical Workshop on Today at 10:22:07 PM
Just had to have mine replaced at 138k.

Anyone on here teasing shmee150 on the ring?
Last Poster: john_o in Mk5 General Area on Today at 10:19:40 PM

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Re: 1st VW - Black Edition 30
Last Poster: Dogma in Members Rides on Today at 09:51:45 PM
Well not going to be driving my car for awhile.

Just over a week ago I slipped over crossing the road in the rain s

Re: Flat Battery, and After Trying to Start Car the Alarm Keeps Going Off, UPDATE..
Last Poster: muff1991 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 08:21:34 PM
Hi juliand, silly question and don’t take it the wrong way, but have you posted your issues on a Honda forum where someone with more in depth knowledge on this car may see it? And may be able to help more? I thought VW’s had some querky tricks but what I’ve just read there... well  :grin:

Re: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo
Last Poster: danishmkvgti in Mk5 General Area on Today at 08:02:50 PM
Sorry for bumping an ancient topic.. Is anyone still running this turbo? Mine will be installed and tuned next month!

Justin bought mine, and he had a blown turbo shortly after. I don't know the cause for the engine failure though

Re: StuF presents Candy White 3 Door GTI
Last Poster: StuF in Members Rides on Today at 07:48:43 PM
Well the motor is still going strong - now 183k and still in daily use!
Might be getting a company car next year so potentially be going to 3rd car status.
Not sure if the wingback seats will be staying as they still seem to fetch strong money but thatll be next year!

Front brake pads are getting to the end of their life so anyone got any link to some decent

Re: Sloppy gears
Last Poster: 4ndy in Mk5 General Area on Today at 04:27:35 PM
1K0711699A £3.30 trade from TPS :happy2:

Re: WANTED - Golf GTi Edition 30 3DR Manual Not Modified Surrey/Hampshire/Berkshire
Last Poster: LupinsVW in Wanted on Today at 02:37:28 PM
Thank you Simey, have sent you a message regarding your Golf GTi Edition 30.

Re: Which rear coil springs do I need?
Last Poster: Craigh1983 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 11:41:02 AM
@PatchySan Hi mate thanks for that info.

Just called Bilsteins and they said that part number is for a 3 door golf and mine is a 5 door. I don't suppose you have the part numbers for a 5 door at all?

Cheers

Re: What’s the best oil to use?
Last Poster: muff1991 in MK6 General Area on Today at 09:28:54 AM
I use Millers nanodrive 5w40. Its usually recommended with modified VWs. Awesome GTI recommended it me. They burn oil like no tomorrow. With this stuff in, it burns much slower.

CFS or EE Longlife (guessing the CFS) ?

Re: Edition 30 smoking on boost
Last Poster: Cosmos in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 11:27:15 PM
Ive noticed my ed30 has a hazy smoke on full boost and hard acceleration.The car is r-tech stage 2+,mileage is 33k and has been standard untill 2k ago.Dont notice it in 1st and 2nd gear,car uses no oil,Have noticed lots of small black soot marks over the rear of the car especially noticeable on the rear reg plate if the car doesnt get a wash after a couple of runs,Car runs perfect

Re: Quantum Platinum 5W40 - popup bottles 1ltr
Last Poster: Rob1 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:46:52 PM
TPS sell 5 litres of 5/40 quantum oil for £13 inc vat

Re: Revs dropping/hunting at idle.
Last Poster: reidy- in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 08:49:07 PM
I had a very similar problem with random rev hunting and eventually getting to a level causing a CEL light for running too lean, and in short it was a total nightmare to isolate and resolve.

A method to prompt my symptoms was that if I pumped the brake pedal heavily and repeatedly the revs rise (it should only ever bog down) indicating a vac leak & faulty 1 way val

Turbo Flutter/Surge off throttle - DV solenoid?
Last Poster: muff1991 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 01:37:34 PM
hi all, still chasing turbo flutter (as well as small rev hang) on my GTI. I cant figure out what it is... I'm now wondering if the solenoid on the DV isn't pulling the DV back when I lift off the throttle and that's what's causing the flutter? its such a pathetic flutter too.. I don't want it fluttering..! would of thought i'd get a code or something but nothing. holds boost ok.

Re: Collecting a rear bumper and tailgate - will they fit in car?
Last Poster: Kujo in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:19:17 AM
Thanks. Can confirm it fits but you have to push passenger seat forward because of the bumper length.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Re: Mk7 steering wheel into mk5 gti
Last Poster: AndreaMala in Cosmetic/Interior Modifications on Yesterday at 07:56:28 AM
so this is button illumination working on the Polo Scirocco 1K8 wheel with 1K8 switches (no cruise)

over the last 48 ish hours i ordered a set of buttons for my wheel which i thought would fit, but as i didn't fully check the PR numbers in ETKA i ended up with a smaller set of buttons for my

Re: Temperature Sensor
Last Poster: aaronk.juju in Technical Workshop on Yesterday at 01:55:24 AM
Ye I get that. I'm concerned about the oil not being at operating temp before I put my foot down, rather than it overheating. At the moment I'm just waiting 5 minutes after the coolant has reached operating temp, which isn't that accurate, and I'd just like to know the real temp. I guess I am going to have to spend a bit and buy one of the mentioned units.  :sad1:

Cheers

Golf mk V - GT Sport R line - Hello from Croatia
Last Poster: Goran in Members Rides on November 18, 2018, 10:19:16 PM
Hello guys :D

I accidently find this forum, im not so good in english so forgive me on my mistakes in this text :P

So im just a guy who love VW ( mk III & MK V ), so i was traying to find some informations on internet, and that take`s me here.
I looked in few things on forum, and its intresting, so i decided to put my own theme if that`s not a problem

Re: WillNi's Red 5dr Edition 30
Last Poster: willni in Members Rides on November 18, 2018, 07:00:13 PM
Just adding some photos of the radio and sub. Amp is attached onto the back of the sub so I can remove it easily if I need to do an airport run.

[img width=786 height=588]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181118/40a975762605c34e6c1e38f9ec481abb

Shoutbox

2008 Edition30 GTI Manual - Completely standard low mileage
£8750.00
Collection Only

62,610 miles with Full VW Service History + 2 Keys

History
5787 Miles 24-09-09 VW Southend on Sea
9392 Miles 27-04-10 VW Shrewsbury
12920 Miles 16-04-11 VW Shrewsbury
16250 Miles 21-04-12 VW Shrewsbury
17588 Miles 13-09-12 VW Shrewsbury Cambelt Kit & Water Pump
21477 Miles 29-05-2013 VW Shrewsbury
32275 Miles 01-07-14 VW Swindon
41881 Miles 01-06-15 VW Swindon
48797 Miles 28-06-16 VW Swindon
Start of 2016 New Clutch & Flywheel James Hutton
56447 Miles 30-08-17 VW Swindon
58715 Miles 23-11-17 James Hutton Cambelt Kit & Water Pump
62604 Miles 05-10-18 VW Petersfield Major service, oil filter, pollen filter, air filter, spark plugs,  plus new front & rear brake discs/pads, new brake fluid, front wheel bearings, lower ball joints, CV Gaiters, new OS rear caliper, New MOT & AC Re-Gassed.

It's got Michelin sport tyres on the front, Goodyear on the back & all have good tread depth

Simon 07799897326 or simon@sisdesign.co.uk
GFB DV+
£70.00
Single Image
    Postage: £0.00
    Delivery Only

Perfect working order. Was holding boost fine on my stage 2+ edition 30

£70 Delivered
    18" VW Monza II Shadows
    £450.00
    Single Image
      Collection Only

18" VW Monza II Shadows

I bought these alloys from Greeners many years ago. He had them refurbed with gloss black inners by A1 wheels. I loved them and used them every summer for about four years. Until I got married. And bought a house. Now no time for car shows and money is spent on the house instead. These are taking up space in the garage and I need to let them go.

Wheel 1:

Wheel 2:

Wheel 3:

Wheel 4:

On the car:

Wheel 2 had a further refurb following an accident in 2013. There's a slightly wider lip around the edge. It has a brand new Michelin PS3 tyre. One of the other tyres has >5mm, and two remaining tyres are 3-4mm IIRC. Michelin Pilot Exaltos.

PM me if interested. Open to offers. VW wheel bags included.
      I'd prefer collection as you get a chance to inspect the alloys.

RNS510 DAB nav headunit
      £590.00
      Postage: £20.00
      Delivery Only

1T0 035 686C

purchased new from Hazzydayz on 24/11/16,never updated,has worked flawlessly in my ed35 for 11k miles, comes with code card and gps aerial, only thing required is a dab aerial.
      These are now £1300 + vat from Hazzy

Will include free postage to UK Mainland postcodes if asking price is met.

Thanks for looking
      stage 2+ r tech edition 30 dsg 3 door
      £10750.00
      Single Image
        Collection Only

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/314997399230435/

please see facebook link for pics as I habnt advertised on auto trader yet.

For sale is my 2007 golf gti edition 30.
        R tech stage 2+
        69k miles
        3 door
        DSG
        Black
        2 keys

£10,750
        No silly offers

Only reason for sale is looking for a 5 door, will definitely be missed!

Car is currently in the garage for winter so mileage won't rise.
        One of the best examples you will find considering these cars are over 10 years old now, they are alot of poor examples out there.

Aswell as all the standard edition 30 spec.
        The car is modified, all carried out by myself, car was completely standard when I bought it, so iknow everything has been done the right way with the best available parts.
        Iknow what the car is worth standard and I know what the upgrades are worth which is why the car is priced as it is.

Always had a full service (oil,air,fuel) every year since I've owned it (April 2015)
        Cam follower has been changed twice and checked on every service in my ownership
        Timing belt and water pump done earlier this year
        Brand new front discs and pads
        Car comes with original OE VW edition 30 number badge

13152 Service - August 2008
        25934 Service - January 2010
        32109 Service - September 2010+brake fluid+A/C
        41030 Service - November 2012
        44664 Service - October 2013 + timing belt & water pump
        46749 Service - March 2014
        53338 Service - May 2015
        53475 dsg service+cooler June 2015
        57687 service - February 2016
        62841 service - March 2017
        66082 service - March 2018
        67359 Timing belt + pump - April 2018

Interior:
        Cherry red hazard switch
        MFSW buttons
        Gti seat inserts
        Rcd 510 with oem usb+aux switch
        Full led conversion

Exterior:
        Smooth us front grill
        Open fog grills
        Powdercoated pescaras anthracite
        R32 rear bumper smoothed tow eye and exhaust valance in KAE (Nissan grey) grey
        OE VW Polo aerial
        Wind deflectors
        Colour coded rear badge baseplate
        Double reverse light lens mod
        Dewiper rear 
        Edition 30 front grill badge

Performance/chassis:
        Evoms intake
        R tech twin plate heat shield
        Decat downpipe
        Bcs sports system (r32 exit)
        R tech stage 2+ remap
        370bhp / 400ftlb
        R tech DSG remap
        Audi r8 coilpacks
        30mm H&R springs fitted with new oe shockers
        15mm spacers
        SuperPro Anti lift kit
        SuperPro Torque bush insert
        R tech full pcv delete
        Custom wellycooler setup
        RS4 fuel pressure valve
        Auto tech hpfp internals

private plate will be removed before sale

its been my pride and joy for the last 3 and a half years and loved every minute of ownership would be great to keep it on the forum so iknow it will be looked after!
        • users Users: 7
        • guests Guests: 145