Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Posting pictures in for sale ads
on November 03, 2017, 07:50:48 AM
How can I post pictures in for sale ads?

Neither links from photobucket or Flickr work.
Re: Another MPG thread
Last Poster: Roczen in Mk5 General Area on Today at 01:39:38 PM
Finally got to the bottom of this, started to notice that the temp was fluctuating when driving under certain conditions so had the main thermostat replaced and the car is now as it was before.

Hi, what range was the temp gauge moving within? After reading this thread I've

Re: White "Lion" Cupra - DSG converted track car
Last Poster: teo_parvu in Members Rides on Today at 01:39:04 PM
Thanks! I should look into anything that can give me more power safely. I also need to get a bigger DSG cooler and more weight reduction. I have the worse weight/power ratio in my class now.
Sometimes when the oil is really hot I get pressure problems, I'm thinking that not buying the OEM 1.8T oil pump was a mistake. I bought Kolbenschmidt:

https://www.ecstuning.com

Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
Last Poster: Bane in Mk5 General Area on Today at 01:37:56 PM
Hello chaps,haven't been on here in a while.
Gave the car a food clean at the weekend and nor iced for the first time,the dreaded rust on the drivers side wheel arch...I thought that I had gotten away with not having it but it seemed to have appeared overnight!
Rather than trawl through 89 pages on this subject,I'll just ask two questions;
1) has the warranty changed

Re: RNS510 Fault
Last Poster: Shoduchi in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Today at 12:38:42 PM
I've recently saw one person complain of something similar. The cause was the CAN chips of the radio being faulty. You can check the wiring but if nothing is wrong, I'd say test the radio in a different car. If it's the CAN chips the errors will be the same. Basically your radio stopped "talking" with your car's electronics (your car's CAN gateway isn't receiving info from your rad

Re: Slow warm up
Last Poster: mjmallia in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 10:26:55 AM
3 miles and mine is at operating temp.....like clock work now.

If you have a DSG there are two inlines.

Re: Weird noise over bumps
Last Poster: mjmallia in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 10:23:24 AM
Check the damper shafts for a stuck/broken bump stop.

then check:

ARB bushes could also be dry........spray drive and check.

process of elimination really.

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: MIJ_JAGGER in Mk5 General Area on Today at 09:26:19 AM
Done some wrapping to my window controls, do I keep it like this or get new ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looked like alcantara at fi

RNS510 installation
Last Poster: jgalla89 in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Today at 08:52:50 AM
Someone I know has a second hand RNS510 they are selling at a very good price. They had to take it out their T5 as they were having the following issues...

a fault code scan always showed the unit to be incorrectly coded as it does not match the T5 electrical architecture. From what I could tell I think the internally provided voltage output to the GPS antenna is too

Re: Possible mechatronics?? Please help :(
Last Poster: teo_parvu in Mk5 General Area on Today at 06:09:00 AM
This sounds more like a clutch/oil level problem, i had the same issues, they were solved with a new clutch pack, but first check the oil level.

Re: R5GTT'S Cars rapid
Last Poster: r5gtt in Members Rides on Today at 01:31:17 AM
Hi, any update since you fitted your H7 LED’s? Also do you have a link? As I’m looking to install some with my Depo projectors
Thanks
hi mate, they're absolutely fantastic and I couldn't drive without them now. 100% brighten up the way forward and I've just linked someone else to t

Re: Depo headlights
Last Poster: r5gtt in Mk5 General Area on Today at 12:31:41 AM
Re: VWR Intake disappointing
Last Poster: JamesED30 in Performance Modifications on Yesterday at 10:14:41 PM
Great new bud 👍🏼. Mine is still sat in its box. 🙈

Re: Light Knocking noise
Last Poster: neilw in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:32:13 PM
I've ordered the ECS bolt kit so will let you know how it goes. Also chucked an ARP panel filter in the basket as well  :grin:

They have an install video, looks pretty easy

They switch between Newton meters and ft/lbs so watch out for that!

Heres a vid on the TyrolSport Kit

https://w

Re: Oil pressure warning light - some advice please
Last Poster: ady-gti in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:47:04 PM
You may have had a low pressure warning due to g-forces when cornering. This mainly happens on long constant radius bends as all the oil is forced to one side of the sump, and if it's the wrong side, the opposite to the pick up pipe, then you can run out of oil temporarily - nothing wrong with the engine in that case.

I'm not saying it's the case, but you have had a bloc

Re: Thermostats
Last Poster: Tazocin in Technical Workshop on Yesterday at 08:29:04 PM
Depends on whether its a manual or a dsg and the year of manufacture. I was under the impression that the DSG had one more than the manual and the earlier cars had more inline ones (ie DSG upto late 06 had 2 inline and post 07 had 1 inline and th emanusal were 1 inline and no inline). I did my 07 DSG recently and it had the main thermostat and an inline one above the gearbox by the

Re: Wheel postage
Last Poster: Dave J in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:12:31 PM
Agreed - I've used Paisley freight before for car seats and other oversize items like mk4 golf anni rear valance. Good service both times.

Re: Sunset Red 1.4 TSI(TFSI) GT Sport - daily drive & track car
Last Poster: teo_parvu in Members Rides on Yesterday at 07:52:45 PM
That Porsche tough....can't wait to see it.  :happy2:

Re: On the Hunt
Last Poster: MA1694 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 07:51:55 PM
I don't have off road parking so I always fold both mirrors in manually. Electric would just make it easier I guess.
What's the DSG like in auto mode? Most of my driving is around the city so manual has become a chore. Does DSG creep like a normal auto?

Re: Engine judder when idle?
Last Poster: jason_rmh in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 07:26:14 PM
Its been a while but I was replacing my cambelt at the weekend and had to revisit the torsion value.
So, for the past couple of years, my tdi has had a lumpy idle, although it seems intermittent. More noticeable after a long run and then coming to a stop at traffic lights.

I had already attempted to adjust my torsion value and it didnt make much difference.
I g

Re: 1st VW - Black Edition 30
Last Poster: Caspersmith in Members Rides on Yesterday at 07:21:18 PM
Gave it a good clean at the weekend...

Today some scumbag has nicked my front badge.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapata

Shoutbox

2007 Golf GTI - 3dr Red
£4295.00
Collection Only

2007 Golf GTI 2.0 tfsi

94k miles with FSH

2 Previous Owners

Every MOT from new and loads of receipts

Completely standard unabused, enthusiast owned car for last 5 years

Drives great, does have a few age related marks as expected for an 11 year old car.

Had a new clutch, dual mass fly wheel & cambelt at 72k miles.

Tel. 07712 433082
Brand New Genuine Volkswagen/BBS Pescara Alloy Wheel
£225.00
Collection Only

Brand New Genuine Volkswagen/BBS Pescara Alloy Wheel

I have the original box that it was supplied in also. (pictured with Part Number)

This Wheel has never been fitted or driven on, I kept it as spare and it has just had the tyre fitted incase I ever did require the use of it in emergency. I have now sold my Edition 30 so it is no longer required. Goodyear Eagle F1 fitted.

These are £500 from Volkswagen Brand New!

£225

Will consider Posting but contact me to discuss and I can get a quote.
Bilstein B8 low mileage great condition Mk6 version +TTRS top mounts
£350.00
Postage: £0.00
Delivery or Collection

Great condition Bilstein B8s with  genuine TTRS top mounts. These are the Mk6 B8s so no problems with ride quality. Happy to answer any questions. For sale a have sold my Scirocco.

VW RNS510 headunit with DAB SSD HDD
£550.00
Postage: £20.00
Delivery or Collection

Selling the last version of RNS510 DAB with SSD HDD. Front is in good condition, no scratches.
Unit is up to date:
6270 FW
2017 MAPS
Speed cameras
VIM activated.

Has the code. 550 collected from Leeds or 570 delivered.
Polar Fis Advance module for sale
£85.00
Single Image
    Postage: £0.00
    Delivery or Collection

Selling Polar FIS advance module. It has two issues - sometimes put Christmas tree lights on the dash, once a month etc, if its in good non moving position and on my BLS engine it was showing only main engine parameters. Stucks on choosing parameters. Might be related to the engine, but cant confirm.
     Other functions like bluetooth, pdc was working fine. I was told cable might be faulty, but we checked it and it seems fine. It's 1st gen so thats might why. Due the issues price is 85 delivered.