Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

*** NEW FORUM PLEA - JANUARY 2017 ***
on January 07, 2017, 02:35:36 PM

:pomppomp: For anyone who wishes to donate just click on the link below  :pomppomp:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=LGHF5VDSC6AQL

Dear Faithful Members,

It's time again for us to ask for your help, Our forum funds have run out again and we need your support to top up the kitty to keep the site running, and to maintain it's independence (from sponsors etc).

So please dig deep and drop some funds to the cause via the link above  :happy2:

Thanks,

Re: R5GTT'S Donno know what im doing but it's gonna be good
Last Poster: r5gtt in Members Rides on Today at 12:54:14 AM
Rear pioneers have been fitted for now as I need 50mm spacers up front  :doh:

Re: MC's R
Last Poster: MC71 in MK7 Members Rides on Yesterday at 10:24:55 PM
It's crying out for a drop and a BBK.

I still think gold would have worked, but I can't blame you for playing it safe!

Yeap a BBK will be along as some point. The current 7R front calipers will ok for stage 1 so no rush there, as for lowering.....its on the list some

Re: Mk5 gti with r32 style exshaust
Last Poster: Christiank in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:08:59 PM
Hey.
Actually you'll need to swap out the "middle" part of the rear bumper also. With the middle part I mean the piece the valance mounts on.

The R32 bumper is in 3 pieces and the GTI is only in 2.

Re: Rally fan boy exploring VAG
Last Poster: AJP in New Member Intro's on Yesterday at 07:40:50 PM
Hi mate, welcome to the site. There are quite a few comprehensive buying guides on here, it's just a case of finding them!

But the few bits that spring to mind are:

Check for bubbling at 12 o'clock on front arches, and sills. You can get these done for free at VW, but it's not always straightforward.

Once hot, if the engine sounds a bit chuggy it mi

Re: Laying Grass
Last Poster: willni in Random Chat on Yesterday at 07:21:30 PM
I've always had good luck with seed.  Turf can be a bit hit and miss depending where it's sourced from.

My 100% satisfaction guaranteed method is to prep the area (make sure it's flat and compacted), throw a shed load of seeds down....more than a million birds could ever eat, basically...

Re: Help to win...
Last Poster: Kujo in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 06:42:37 PM
That link comes up broken as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: GOT7
Last Poster: MIJ_JAGGER in Random Chat on Yesterday at 05:20:28 PM
I think they were people they had killed; as the girl that beat the holy cr@p out of the Stark girl ended up in the " big room full of faces " iirc when she cut out the candle and took to her training with that little sword.  It's so engaging GOT, but if I'm honest I'm just wanting this big ass ba

Re: Plastdip Smoke Front Honeycomb Grille
Last Poster: ROH ECHT in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 04:39:05 PM
Have you tried just spraying it with "No Touch Tire Care"? It leaves a more satin finish and many people I talk to at car gtg and shows say this is what they use on everything in the engine bay when I ask "how did you get that look?". They just spray it on everything and leave it...some said they soak up any puddles, but no wiping. I ask about worries with electrical and none have

Re: Andy's mk5 GTI
Last Poster: Rigsby in Members Rides on Yesterday at 03:55:43 PM
@H18Golf

Just used a sander to cut back to bare alloy,( kept the infills grey as they were fine)  kept using finer grade wet & dry paper and finished with a polish and sealant

WillNi's Red 5dr Edition 30
Last Poster: willni in Members Rides on Yesterday at 02:54:56 PM
And here it a video of it fully in, obviously i was short on material hence why the bottom of the 'barrel' is so badly done but can i redo it later on, but the spare wheel sits there and helps keep the noise down there.

@RobC [url=http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=10

Re: MOT Validity Date
Last Poster: Juliand in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 02:22:14 PM

Conclusion: No real advantage in taking the car in for MOT a month earlier than the expiry - so begs the question - what's the point of it in the first place??? :thinking:

An MOT ca

Re: Price of mk5 GTI's
Last Poster: willni in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 01:51:47 PM
From what I've understood from various articles and YouTube clips, Porsche had a hand in that flipping debacle!  Only sending the 500

Re: Which thermostat to replace?
Last Poster: Leco_GTI in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 01:46:16 PM
The symptoms described are spot on. A DSG has two inlines.

Depends on the year, 2008 have only 1 inline. :wink:

It has been explained in the forum before.

Re: Noise from left side engine
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 01:43:56 PM
Hmm. Anyone saved the part numbers for the three seals mentioned here? Pictures have gone away....

@MartinGTI

https://www.akstuning.co.uk/engine-components/376-genuine-camshaft-adjuste

Re: Instagram User Names
Last Poster: jayha11 in Photography Section on Yesterday at 01:43:19 PM
jayha11_s3  :happy2:

Re: Front bumper - steel grey
Last Poster: lukemk5gti in Wanted on Yesterday at 11:00:03 AM
What do you have to lose if you're buying a new one anyway?

Google a few videos and diy it!

Connecting Samsung S8 to RCS 300
Last Poster: SiimpleHarry in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Yesterday at 08:25:46 AM
Currently have a yatour kit for my iphone 5c which charges the phone, plays music and audio from tomtom app, however most importantly I can change songs via the radio controls. Is there anything similar for the samsung s8? Most adapters on ebay are bluetooth without the function of changing the song with radio controls - Ideally not looking to swap out the head unit either.

Re: Complete spare wheel toolkit
Last Poster: DANBOY66 in Wanted on Yesterday at 05:51:27 AM
i have them if you have not bought one yet  :happy2:

Re: 18 inch wheels
Last Poster: samiul11 in Wanted on Yesterday at 12:11:08 AM
Bbs, pescaras or team dynamics wanted but try me with anything  :happy2:

WANTED: 4 x OEM Monza 18" Alloys - Diamond Cut - Shadow - 7.5/8J - ET51 - 5 x112
Last Poster: Quadrophenia in Wanted on July 19, 2017, 11:38:55 PM
Hi. As per title, I want a mint set of Monza or Monza II 18" Alloys in Shadow. Must be mint condition.

5x112

7.5J

ET51

They'll be going on my MK6 Golf GTI (2010)

I have a genuine set on my car at the moment, but they were sprayed Black by Evans Halshaw and they're chipping a bit.

Thank you!

Shoutbox

RFD boot liner pcv
£0.00
Single Image
    Collection Only

MTC RFD kit £59  (cost 70)
    Revo SPS £60 (100)
    PCV 15
    VW flexible boot liner £20 (50) sold

Any questions pm me cheers
    VW RCD510 headunit with DAB
    £170.00
    Postage: £10.00
    Delivery or Collection

Selling VW RCD510 headunit with DAB. In good condition, has the code. Has built in CD changer with MP3 support, SD connection, supports AUX and bluetooth aswell.

Price is 170 collected or 180 delivered. If paying via PayPal + fees/gift.
    MK6 Golf R H&R Lowering Springs
    £120.00
    Collection Only

MK6 Golf R H&R Lowering Springs.

Only done 3000 miles.
    Virtually brand new.
    Part number shown on picture. H&R 28948
    Lowers around 20mm.

I can arrange delivery - Price on application.
    Superchips Bluefin "Plug-in And Go" Remap
    £45.00
    Postage: £5.00
    Delivery or Collection

This is a Bluefin handheld unit - boxed, complete with CD and user guide. Original price was £462, but the map on it has been used (once) so it'll require a Superchips reset, which can be done online with a new map for your car (see compatibility in second image).

£45 + postage.
    Genuine MK5 Golf GTI Luxury Velour Mats (Brand New) 1K2061225GA
    £50.00
    Postage: £0.00
    Delivery or Collection

I have 2 sets of original, genuine MK5 Golf GTI Luxury Velour Mats. They are are full set, with original round push fittings and have red stitching including GTI logo on driver/passenger mats. VW Part No 1K2061225GA

Brand new, unused in packaging and guaranteed to freshen the interior of your MK5!

Payment by Paypal preferred, includes UK postage and packaging.

£50 per set, front/rear full set of mats including original fittings. If you have twist fit, you can swap the fittings over from your existing mats.
    • users Users: 4
    • guests Guests: 72