Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

mk5 GTI Pirelli
on November 13, 2018, 08:35:44 AM
Hiya chaps, hope this is alright here, I will be putting my beloved pirelli up on autotrader this weekend,  will be purchasing a caddy/transporter so I'm keeping it VW
Re: Wiper arm removal tool
Last Poster: stealthwolf in Random Chat on Yesterday at 09:56:52 PM
I had my windscreen replaced because of a crack. I didn’t notice at first but the passenger wiper arm was a lot higher up than it should be when in its resting position. I bought that laser tools one and it was crap. Could not apply enough force even with a spanner.

The one that jaffa links to was also crap. It needs about 5mm extra thread. By the tine I managed to get

Re: Headlight Replacement - advice needed please
Last Poster: Octoparrot in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:47:14 PM
Are you after halogen or xenon? If halogen then I'm looking at the Hella units on Eurocarparts.

Re: Engine cover
Last Poster: GOLDENBOY in Wanted on Yesterday at 08:44:52 PM
Hi mate

I have engine cover in really good condition .PM me if your still interested. :happy2:

Re: VW Driver Magazine
Last Poster: Dave J in Random Chat on Yesterday at 08:26:47 PM
I've just seen the email - that's a real shame as I've read the mag pretty much since 2000, and it got me into the cars. I always hoped Neil Birkitts mkiv would make a comeback as a project car as that inspired me to have a K04 conversion on my mkiv at the time. I see the Volkswizard ED30 has been put up for sale today.

Re: 100,000 miles ...
Last Poster: SeaV in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:23:56 PM
My totally standard 05 GTi is a couple of hundred miles short of 180,000 miles. It gets serviced religiously every 10,000 miles (as it has since I got it at 67,000) all the usual stuff when required, cam belts etc etc. - just keep on top of checks and care for them, they’re sturdy creatures  :smiley:

Re: Need 2+ advice. Who do I go with ?
Last Poster: Octoparrot in Performance Modifications on Yesterday at 06:19:08 PM
I'd probably go with the one nearest to you so that should there be any problems it's easier to take it back.

Re: I think I am i deep s....
Last Poster: chigmuss in New Member Intro's on Yesterday at 04:50:16 PM
Hi Michael, try ebay.uk there's a seller on there who will send you your radio code for around £10. You supply the radio serial numbers and he sends the code back as a message.
It's strange it worked then locked itself though. Does it now show 'SAFE' on the screen?

Re: дорожное металлическое барьерное ограждение
Last Poster: Dogma in Wanted on Yesterday at 03:53:20 PM
Привет дамы и господа!
1)билборд минск -Рекламные щиты ( билборды ) в Беларуси – самый востребованный тип наружной рекламы, размещаемый в непосредственной близости от автомобильных дорог.
2)металлоконструкции минск -Весьма

Re: Newbie in Aylesbury
Last Poster: Dogma in New Member Intro's on Yesterday at 03:52:29 PM
Welcome to the party. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: power loss at 4000rpm
Last Poster: Pudding in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 03:24:40 PM
Sounds like you might have sussed it! A non-functioning VVT adjuster would certainly cause problems! 

I can't remember if the VVT defaults to full advance, or full retard (NEVER go full retard, lol) with the solenoid plug disconnected but if locked onto full advance, great for low and midrange, not so good for top end.   If it locks onto full retard, it'll be gutless lo

Re: Where to get Rev G diverter valve
Last Poster: OllieAKS in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 02:17:59 PM
AKS keep the Rev G's in stock, I wouldn't fit a knock off GFB+, lots of people have tried them before and they will only eventually fail.

Re: GTI COILOVERS
Last Poster: Pudding in Performance Modifications on Yesterday at 12:28:19 PM
I wouldn't describe H&R Monotubes as extremely comfy, personally  :grin:   I don't know if they are still are, but they used to be rebadged Bilsteins with their own springs, which were far from comfy on bad roads.

Stock is as comfy as it gets.  The MK5 is a very unrefined car on broken surfaces to begin with.

Re: Final push for the MK5 GTI
Last Poster: Pudding in Performance Modifications on Yesterday at 11:27:23 AM
If the plug is dry but sooty, it could be a bad injector as above.  

Maybe the ECU was leaning out the entire bank because injector 1 was over fuelling, causing the lean fault code.   This is the problem with 1 lambda sensor measuring across all 4 cylinders!

I would do as Dan suggested first because 1 black spark plug isn't right in any case, and we can go fr

Re: MAF Rubber Seal
Last Poster: richtung in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 11:23:59 AM
It was probably me who posted the seal details  :smiley:

I can't remember the O ring size, or where I got them from!  It was a while ago as you say.  I measured the old seal with digital calipers and got all sorts of varying thicknesses (worn out basically!), so I took a punt on a size and

Re: Best coilpacks, NOT red.
Last Poster: Dave Y in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 11:11:46 AM
I have just bought my ed30.
I have some paperwork with it but no mention of coilppacks.
So perhaps a new set are needed.
Who makes a quality item at a good price ??

Re: Can't decide: GTi or A3 3.2l v6
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 11:01:10 AM
There’s a particular appeal to the AWD V6 cars to me - more a scenario if you like...

Forced induction.

We all know that the standard cars (and even those tweaked and tuned down the N/A route like Kev did) never quite match our boosted four-pots for easy, affordable power and fun.

Re: DSG Swap
Last Poster: OllieAKS in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:44:29 AM
Should be plug & play to be honest. I would fit and see how it goes, may need some slight adjustment but typically they are spot on by just swapping them out.

Re: Deano Graphite Blue GTI
Last Poster: muff1991 in Members Rides on Yesterday at 09:27:40 AM
I Proper love the monzas in bright silver when they're mint, when I used to wash mine on my last GTI.. they'd come out so clean like some kind of platinum silver effect! used to love it!  :laugh:

Re: Cam locking tools
Last Poster: muff1991 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:50:40 AM
yeah, I'm pretty sure I read something about something being harder.. (legitimately) but not sure if that was the owner due to a K04  :signLOL:  :innocent:

Shoutbox

Sold
Mk5 xenon headlights after market
£200.00
Single Image
    Collection Only

The lights are made by magnetic Marelli and they are a perfect fit..the sale is for lights only and doesn't include ballets or ignitors

Price is £250 but you would have to arrange a courier service to collect them
    Connects2 Aux adaptor
    £25.00
    Postage: £0.00
    Delivery or Collection

Connects2 Aux adaptor kit. (CTVVGX004)

Brand new, never been opened.

Will post anywhere in the UK for free.

Looking for £25. Usually around £30+ online.

Will accept payment via paypal.

Thanks,

Chris
    Genuine R32 bumper in Deep Blue
    £160.00
    Postage: £40.00
    Delivery Only

Genuine r32 rear bumper in Deep blue comes complete with reflecters and diffuser no toe eye cover this has had a light repair no big splits etc been put in primer will need paint to finish fits perfect will make a good bumper once painted fits perfect happy to post it out cost around £40

i dont get great reception for internet so drop me a text/call 07772480088 thanks
    Sold
    Mk5 VW Multifuntional DSG Steering Wheel and Airbag
    £200.00
    Collection Only

Mk5 Golf Gti flat bottom steering wheel with multifunctional buttons and dsg paddles. 
    Come off my 55 GTI.

Also have the original control module from the car and a spare G Cruise control stalk.
    Premium bluetooth kit with audio streaming
    £180.00
    Single Image
      Postage: £5.00
      Delivery or Collection

Selling premium bluetooth kit with audio streaming.
      Supports all phones
      Works with RNS/RCD510,315 etc. units
      Supports MK6 MFSW and/or white/colour instrument cluster.

Kit consist of module 5k0..730D, inline loom and mic. Plug and play, doesn't need to cut or solder any wires.

• users Users: 2
      • guests Guests: 140